• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

My back really hurts and i need help

Spitfire

Im hungry
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was standing on a ladder 3 months ago, on the top rung (top shelf), You know where it says do not stand above this rung, well i was. Anyway i fell, it was only a 6 foot ladder and i landed on my feet, which i think made it worse. i now have 4 bulging disks in my lower back.

My questions are:
(a) does anyone know for sure that body building is "bad" for me?

(b) are there anything i can do to "strengthen"* my back

* i know the disks are not muscles and there is no way of making them stronger, but i have been noticing a little less pain now i think because i am doing knee raises, by making my abs stronger i think i am taking work from of my back. Because of the disks crunches are completely out of the question. Practically anything that involves me bending forward ultimately hurts my back.

ok...i have a feling this will be a long post:

step 1-->read my long boring post

step 2--->go to a sport minded chiropractor who understands that you want to lift weights...listen to their advice...but for now....

there are 2 schools of thought on bulging discs as far as chiropractic treatment goes
a)flexion/distraction therapy....you are flexed on a special table opening up the facet joints of the spine causing a negative pressure that is supposed to "suck" the disc back in.

b)McKenzie technique...extension exercises that are supposed to push the disc back into place...these can be done at home.

so, since you can do McKenzie yourself lets go with that....you can do "supermans" and "cobras"

cobras-->lie on the floor face down and push your upper body up till you are looking at the ceiling but keep your pelvis on the floor.

supermans-->lie face down on the floor with arms extended over head....raise your arms and legs off the floor and hold for 4-5 seconds then relax and repeat a few times

of course if you experience alot of discomfort DO NOT do these without seeing someone first.

Thank you very much, I have noticed alittle relief from doing the "cobras". I have yet to try the "supermans" i hope they help, i get only 5 or so min. of comfort from the cobras, untill i lean forward alittle. i just wish there was more.:splat:

just keep working on it....rehab takes a bit of time but it is a hell of alot faster than just sitting on your ass with pain meds waiting to get better!

i am glad to hear you have some relief...wish i could come adjust you!

Back