Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Mushrooms

Thread: Mushrooms

Back to reality

Rep Points

Mushrooms

How does eberyone here clean fresh mushrooms? I saw on a cooking show to just wipe them off with a paper towel, and that you shouldnt rinse them under water.

Rep Points

I always rinse the dirt off.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

The "proper" way is to not wash them like you saw. But to peel the first layer of "skin" off of the mushroom. Once you try and peel it, you will know what im talking about

You dont wash them because they loose flavor that way.
    P-side Inc.

"the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

Anybody said something about magic mushrooms ?

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

She isnt talking about cyclocybin(sp)... Most people dont take those, especially women. They cant handle them.
    P-side Inc.

"the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

Originally posted by PreMier
    She isnt talking about cyclocybin(sp)...
    Yeah I know

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

Hey, snake eater , have you tried this special mushrooms ? I got curious while reading an article at a scientific magazine last week.

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

What mushroom, psychadelic mushrooms?
    P-side Inc.

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

Yes You sent an PM and cancelled ?

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I was going to send a PM regarding the issue, but decided to post here instead.

Yes I have tried them. About 5-6 times. The last time I did them, I had a "Bad Trip" so I dont plan on doing them ever again.

What did you want to know about them?
    P-side Inc.

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

I was just curious ..
    Hold that thought I will start a thread about rec. drugs or why don´t you start that?
    I never did any rec. drugs so I am a little bit curious.

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I live in an are where recreational drugs were easier to get than beer... That is why me and my friends tried them. There is no point to them. I am not proud for using them, and will not use them again. Except for maybe smoking pot once in a blue moon. Drugs are harmful, and I am sorry to say because they affected me in a negative way. Drugs have NO positives and should be avoided. This is why I was going to PM you... I dont want people to judge me for things I have done in my past.
    P-side Inc.

pedal pedal pedal
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Back to the topic on hand, I wash fresh mushrooms with water. I run them under the faucet and rub the dirt off very gently. They still taste great. When I buy already-sliced mushrooms, I throw them in a strainer and run them under cold water.

I see YOU!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I love shroomssssssssssssssssssss, but not the bad kind. hehe
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."

GO LEAFS GO

Rep Points

Originally posted by Vieope
    I was just curious ..
    Hold that thought I will start a thread about rec. drugs or why don´t you start that?
    I never did any rec. drugs so I am a little bit curious.

If you have never done them then you probably never should! As PreMier said, they have no positives, and even though you may have a good time on them once or twice, you will eventually have a bad trip. And that can be just scary!!

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

Originally posted by Spency234
    If you have never done them then you probably never should! As PreMier said, they have no positives, and even though you may have a good time on them once or twice, you will eventually have a bad trip. And that can be just scary!!
    Thanks for the information

What exactly happens during a bad trip ?

And yes, I like "good" mushrooms. I think I just tasted one type of it.

RAWR!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I learn everything I know about drugs from movies, to see a bad trip check out "Easy Rider"
    Homer: Hey! I saved your life! That egg sandwich could have killed you by cholesterol.
    Lenny: Pfft, forget it, Homer. While it has been established that eggs contain cholesterol, it has not yet been proven conclusively that they actually raise the level of serum cholesterol in the human
    blood stream.

Im hungry
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Your shouldn't run shrooms unger water because they are like spounges (sp) they will soak up the water and no other flavors. I personally hate water logged shrooms
    they make "mushroom brushes" to just brush off the dirt, and MABEY rinse it off for a second thats all
    But theres not much more i like than a grilled portabello
    ok mabey prime rib
    Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. Abraham Lincoln

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson RIP

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

Originally posted by derekisdman
    I learn everything I know about drugs from movies, to see a bad trip check out "Easy Rider"
    That is the problem I was "educated" about anabolics on the media too. Do you know what I mean ?
    Now I have a diffrent view on the subject. I thought that maybe be I would change my views in other realms too.
    My whole educaton on drugs pretty much came from Trainspotting.

Im hungry
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

and you wont have a bad tripp unless someone you knows dies or something like that, you really cant OD on shrooms youll just throw it all up. not that thats a good trip, but im just saying
    Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. Abraham Lincoln

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson RIP

Rep Points

we have 2 threads in one here.

anyway, i also have a mushroom brush and it works well to get 'em clean without having them soak up tons of water.

(but i still do a quick rinse after the brush)
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
    If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- 14th Dalai Lama

Back to reality

Rep Points

Thanks all! Funny how a thread can go off topic gentleman! I usually just rinse mine for a few seconds, then dry with a paper towel.

Ive never seen already sliced mushrooms, unless in a can?

pedal pedal pedal
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by Jill
    Ive never seen already sliced mushrooms, unless in a can?
    You haven't see pre-sliced mushrooms? They are available in the produce section of every grocery store I shop in....right next to the unsliced mushrooms.

Rep Points

they sell them fresh - "pre washed" and "pre sliced". (but i still clean them anyway.)
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
    If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- 14th Dalai Lama

is bulking

Rep Points

Thread 1. ) Mushrooms are like eating nothing.. Aren't they like 0 cals?

Thread 2. ) Shrrooms are alright, kinda freaky when your by yourself.
    These are my favorite faces : - - -

Personal Bests:

Bench - 235
    Deadlift - 315 X 17
    Squat - 315 X 11
    40 yrd. - 4.65

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Reminds me of my wilder days when we diced up some magic shrooms and put them in salsa we were eating in our favorite bar. Next thing we knew it became the community salsa after everyone found out even a couple bartenders had some. I'd say there were about 15 of us on the same wavelength. Everyone was on the verge of tripping yet not out of their minds we were all laughing at the drunks and the people trying to run game on chicks and all of the other funny shit that goes on in bars/clubs.

Best drug scene: Young Guns peyote "We're in the spirit world."
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Magic mushrooms taste like sh*t. Usually have to eat them with something else to cover up the dog crap taste.

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by PreMier
    The "proper" way is to not wash them like you saw. But to peel the first layer of "skin" off of the mushroom. Once you try and peel it, you will know what im talking about

You dont wash them because they loose flavor that way.
    PEEL THEM! That gets the first layer of skin of, and all the dirt. I used to be a gourmet chef
    P-side Inc.

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by Spitfire
    and you wont have a bad tripp unless someone you knows dies or something like that, you really cant OD on shrooms youll just throw it all up. not that thats a good trip, but im just saying
    Cough*Bullshit*cough*

No one died. The mood just wasnt right on my last trip. About OD... Yea, you cant, but you can trip VERY hard, and could possibly cause harm to yourself. The halucination is caused by internal bleeding in the brain stem. The pressure on the brain causes you to hallucinate. Not to mention it is a poison.

Vieope-- If you want to experiment, just do it at home with a friend or two. Get some good music, like Bob Marley or Led Zepplin, or any Regae. Take them with a bit of food, and just relax. A trip normally lasts around 6-8hrs. Whatever you do, dont mix the three B's, you wil get sick. The three B's are: Beer, Bud, Boomers(shrooms).
    P-side Inc.

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by plouffe
    Thread 1. ) Mushrooms are like eating nothing.. Aren't they like 0 cals?

Thread 2. ) Shrrooms are alright, kinda freaky when your by yourself.
    Thread 3. ) "Then I pulled out my mushroom tip, the girl made me go drip, drip, drip, I didn't know she had the GI Joe kung-fu grip. And I went Uhhhh the girl caress me down, uhhhh that's that lovin' sound...."
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012