• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

lower back rounds in squat

Terok`Nor

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have a few problems concerning my squat form...

- my lower back rounds when I get below parallel. If I don't get below parallel I can't generate as much power

-when I try a wide stance, as I squat to the bottom, the hip flexors want to pull my legs and knees back together, even though I try to push out with the knees

question is how can I improve my form, any type of training, that will help those issues? esp the back rounding one? thanks

Practice with less weight.

You need to FOCUS on your form. Once you have your form down, then you can up the weight. The weight is whats rounding your back. Its too heavy for you.

ditto. i can do 300 pounds in my deadlifts... but 225 with good form.all those cruicual leg lifts you need to be REALLY careful, you can fuck up your back.... ive done it before! your midsection may not be as strong as your legs... make sure youre doing cruicial ab work and lower back work, thats where i went wrong.

that's what i'm trying to figure out, my form. all the above is done with just the bar.

You should probably even take the bar away to get the form down. Squatting properly is a tough movement because it involves so many muscles and joints.

Stretching will help as well - you likely have tight hammies and glutes, which are forcing your lower back to flex when you get too low. The key is to work within your comfortable range of motion without allowing that to happen and just gradually over time you will be able to get lower and lower once the proper muscles are stretched and strengthened.

How about one legged squats..... I'm suprised no one mentioned those but I think they are a great alternative.

Back