• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

back and legs...too much?

ac

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hi guys,
just wandering whether you think working legs and back on the same day is too much. The reason i ask is because i'm going to be pretty busy over the next couple of weeks and will be cutting down my training to twice a week. I was thinking of back and legs, chest and arms. I'm going to be doing deadlifts so thats why i thought about doing back and legs on the same day.
Hereswhat i was thinking about.

Chin ups, 3 sets 8
rows, 3 sets 5
deadlifts, 3 sets 4
squats, 3 sets 6
leg curls 3 sets 6

What d'yall think?

I'm not sure you should be doing deadlifts and squats on the same day because you will be putting too much emphasis on your lower back. This, in return will cause you to be in a wheel chair when your an old man. That's just what I've heard...

The Game

Switch Deadlifts and squats.. on week do deads and leve out squats then the next do squats and leave out deads......and keep switching it up...

Personally I'd be to burned out after deads to do squats or Visa versa...

back and legs are my main priority at the moment so do you think that i could do deads on monday and squats on friday or just do deads and squats on alternative weeks

I don't have any problem doing Squats and Deads in the same week, I just try to have a least 3 days between them.

I seen others do Deads and squats on the same day and they said it worked well but I've never tried it.

Here's how I do it:

Mon/Thurs-Chest/Back (DL's)
Tues/Fri-Shoulder/Arms
Weds/Sat-Legs (Squats)

You might think about doing Chest and Back, then Legs and arms if you only have 2 days a week.

i've heard alot of people do chest and back but these are my two biggest workouts. I think it would be far too much for me to do on the same workout. I'll be back to three times a week in a couple of weeks time and was thinking of

mon-back and shoulders
wed- legs
fri- chest and arms

or maybee

mon- chest and triceps
wed- back and biceps
fri- shoulders and legs

not sure which one though

I'm doing the second one:
mon- chest and triceps
tue- back and biceps
fri- Legs & shoulders

IML Gear Cream!
I would take caution. If your working out hard enough & heavy enough then you should not be able to do them both on the same day . Your back should be fatigued enough after doing deadlifts;therefore you should not be able to do squats. If your lifting too light then it is ok but you will not get alot of gains. IMO:finger:

Dude, keep lower body by itself... I never understood it when I saw people in the gym doing upperbody then legs. You want to keep your blood in the general vicinity of the body part being worked...

Here's a suggestion, It worked well for me. Stick to a push pull workout. Do chest and back one day then limbs the next workout try to take aleast a day if not two in between.(legs and arms) You can get creative with this type of workout like supersets etc.

tazman, does that mean doing shoulders, arms and legs on the same day?

I've been thinking about my workout again and i think that i will take w8lifter2's advice and do legs on there own. I don't know where to fit shoulders into my routine, either back/bicep day or chest/tricep day.

Originally posted by ac
...i think that i will take w8lifter2's advice and do legs on there own.

Origianlly posted by Prince
Back and legs, two largest muscle groups.

That's a lot to work in one session. :finger:

"I was the first one to respond to you saying that you should train legs by themselves. "

where?

IML Gear Cream!
lol, i was only messing as well!:)
no hard feelings?

AC, I would go with Crowmans advice if you only have two days.
Do Back/Chest then Legs/Arms. Forget about shoulders for a couple weeks, they get worked during chest exercises anyway. This way you are splitting up your major muscle groups.

Back