• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Flat bench/ what muscles to work together?

mervin

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am trying to determine whether I should keep flat bench presses in my routine. I hear some people say that they are not really needed. I am adding weight at all on the flat bencj press due to doing incline bench presses firt. i am gaining on the incline, but am pretty much fried after giving the incline all I have, so i am staying at the same weight on the flat bench.

Also I need some advice on what muscles to work on what day. I have been doing chest, shoulders and biceps on one day and then Lats, triceps and middle/lower back the next time I work out. I want to add dips to my tricep workout and know that works chest also...also I want to add close grip bench press for triceps. Should I do chest/triceps/biceps on the same day????

Thanks for any advice.

I'd spread my training more evenly through the week if i were u....

For example:
1.chest & shoulders
2.legs
3.Back & Traps
4. Arms

I also wouldn't kill ur chest simply on inclines....Spread ur endurance through ur workout as well....Declines are much better than inclines for chest anyways....

First off, don't skip on legs. Doing those compound leg exercises will help you gain lean body mass all over. As well, a few of the biggest muscles in your body are in your legs.

Don't worry so much about benchpress. If your benchpress is lagging, then you may have been doing it for too long. I kept the benchpress in my routine for about 6 months, and it basically hit a wall. Rotate in a different exercise. I began doing dumbell benchpress to replace it. Keep it out of your routine for a few months, then come back to it.

What muscles you work on what days is really up to personal preference. Just keep a day of rest in between the days if possible, or do two days on and one day off.

I like decline better than flat.

That is probably my biggest love of the decline, and I do feel it better in the chest although it still hits my triceps pretty hard too :shrug:

I've never done decline benching. I guess cause I don't have a simple method of setting it up at home. I have always done decline fly's though, and can say that I do love them. I can really feel a good pump after doing them.

i do ;

01- Chest + Biceps
02- Back + Triceps
03- Leg + Soulder

Back