Meal 2: ff cottage cheese & oatmeal w/ 1 tbsp nat. pb
    Meal 3: 2 oz. chicken or tuna and 1/2 apple
    Workout - Mon, Wed, Fri - weights; Tues & Thurs - cardio
    Meal 4: Shake
    Cardio 30-45 min.
    Meal 5: Chicken salad w/ vinegarette dressing & veggies
    Meal 6: tuna before bed

Now help???

I need to lose fat and tone. I am getting married next year and have many weddings to attend. I need to lose about 20 lbs that I have gained!

Back to reality

Rep Points

I think you need more fat. 1 TBS a day is probably not enough. Efa's in meal 6 would be good too. How many carbs are you eating in a day?? What do you make your shake with?

What are your stats too?

bring it!

Rep Points

cardio 2x/day? thats overkill!
    I agree with Jill, need more info, stats, etc.
    and defintly more healthy fats.
    how much oatmeal?
    what is that low carb cereal?
    what kind of veggies? - you also need more fiberous ones too!

(sorry for all the questions) we just want to help you get this right!
    " To dream anything you want to dream: That is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything you want to do: That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits: that is the courage to succeed."

I see YOU!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

augh...I think I am the only poor sole stuck doing cardio twice a day...but its only because I have 14 weeks to go for my show.
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."

Rep Points

cardio 2x/day? thats overkill!
    I agree with Jill, need more info, stats, etc.
    and defintly more healthy fats.
    how much oatmeal?
    what is that low carb cereal?
    what kind of veggies? - you also need more fiberous ones too!

I'm trying to lose fat as quick as I can!!!!! But I know it has to do more with my diet than anything!

Oatmeal 1/3 cup
    FF Cottage Cheese 1/4 cup

Low carb cereal: Special K
    100 calories, 3 g fat, 9 g. carbs, 10 g protein

I mostly just eat salads - but add broccoli and cauliflower.

For my shake - it is the EAS already made kind - they taste good!
    100 calories, 3 g fat, 2 g carbs and 15g protein

Back to reality

Rep Points

What are your stats? Thats important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to reality

Rep Points

Originally posted by wantskinny

I'm trying to lose fat as quick as I can!!!!! But I know it has to do more with my diet than anything!
    Then why cardio 2X a day?

Rep Points

Sorry guys - I'm a newbie - please explain???? I thought to lose fat you need to do cardio???

Rep Points

Post your stats meaning your height, weight and bodyfat% if you know it. A pic would help too.

You don't want to do a ton of cardio, just enough to facilitate fat loss...let the nutrition and weight training do the work for ya and then you can add more cardio as needed.

Your stats will help us to know exactly how much food you should eat to achieve your goals.

Rep Points

Post your stats meaning your height, weight and bodyfat% if you know it.

My height: 5'2"
    weight: 135lbs

I don't know my bodyfat %.

Please tell me what to do and eat! I am all yours...............
    I would rather stick to foods rather than whey.

Rep Points

Cardio - 4x per week for fast fat loss - 3 25min. HIIT Session, 1 30 min. Traditional cardio. Just keep in mind that you will probably lose muscle with alot of cardio

Oatmeal 1/3 cup
    FF Cottage Cheese 1/4 cup

Not enough protein. Make that 1 Cup of Cottage Cheese and add 1T. Natty PB

Low carb cereal: Special K
    100 calories, 3 g fat, 9 g. carbs, 10 g protein

Special K cereal is crap. Get Fiber One or All Bran with extra Fiber. Also, FF Low carb milk called Carb Countdown. Add in a few eggs whites too and 1 whole egg

I mostly just eat salads - but add broccoli and cauliflower.

Be sure to add in tuna or chicken with your salad

For my shake - it is the EAS already made kind - they taste good!
    100 calories, 3 g fat, 2 g carbs and 15g protein
    Get some fish oil caps. As Jill said, you need some more EFA's and here is a great place to add them
    You also need to add another meal somewhere. 4 meals a day is not enough.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

Cardio - 4x per week for fast fat loss - 3 25min. HIIT Session, 1 30 min. Traditional cardio. Just keep in mind that you will probably lose muscle with alot of cardio.

What is a HIIT Session???

Revised meal to follow. I'm getting there............... Thanks to you guys

Rep Points

Meal 1: 6 am All Bran w/ fiber (1/2 cup or 1 cup??) w/ carb countdown milk; 2 egg whites and 1 whole

Meal 2: 1 cup ff cottage cheese added some sunflower seeds & 1/3 cup oatmeal w/ 1 tbsp nat. pb

Meal 3: 2 oz. chicken or tuna salad and 1/2 apple

Meal 4: EAS Shake and other 1/2 apple

Meal 5: Chicken salad w/ vinegarette dressing & veggies w/ walnuts

Meal 6: tuna w/ mayo before bed

How's that??

Back to reality

Rep Points

Meal 3-How much chicken and tuna? (approx protein)

Meal 5-How much chicken?

Meal 6-How much tuna?

Id add some fish oil at a few meals. Is the TBS of nat PB in meal 2 post workout? If so Id move the peanut butter to meal 6

Rep Points

Meal 3-How much chicken and tuna? (approx protein)

Meal 5-How much chicken?

Meal 6-How much tuna?

Id add some fish oil at a few meals. Is the TBS of nat PB in meal 2 post workout? If so Id move the peanut butter to meal 6

----

Meal 3 is pre-workout
    Meal 4 is post-workout

For the protein - I usually have 2 ounces

Is fish oil the best EFA??? What meals should I add this to?

Back to reality

Rep Points

I would probably go with 3-3.5 oz of protein, that just me though.

Let Jodi / AJ explain the fish oil, I just take em!

Rep Points

Jill is spot on with the protein.

As far as Fish oil, yes, it is the best EFA.

Try reading this article on Fish oil, it will help understand it better.

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/sh...light=Fish+oil

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

OK - I will go home and study tonight and bring the updates tomorrow!!!

Thanks again everyone - I feel tons better. I'm almost there!

Rep Points

how many capsules of fish oil do you recommend a day? after/before meals/workouts?
    "Real Eyes........Realize.........Real Lies"

bring it!

Rep Points

with meals. I take 10/day. aim for at least 5.
    " To dream anything you want to dream: That is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything you want to do: That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits: that is the courage to succeed."

Rep Points

the article says 3 per day is the reasonable amount....but 10??
    "Real Eyes........Realize.........Real Lies"

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

Losing 20 might make you almost tooo skinny. Maybe 10 or so lbs. and then just turning the fat into muscle would be just as effective. Remember, when you lose weight, some of that comes off as muscle, so you have to try your hardest to keep it on.

Rep Points

OK how's this!

Meal 1: 5:30 am All Bran w/ fiber 1/2 cup w/ carb countdown milk; 2 egg whites and 1 whole & 1 fish oil capsule

Meal 2: 1/2 cup ff cottage cheese added some sunflower seeds & 1/3 cup oatmeal w/ 1 tbsp nat. pb

Meal 3: 2 oz. chicken or tuna veggie salad w/ vinegrette dressing and 1/2 apple & 1 fish oil capsule

Meal 4: EAS Shake and other 1/2 apple

Meal 5: Chicken salad w/ vinegarette dressing & veggies w/ walnuts & 1 fish oil capsule

Meal 6: tuna w/ mayo before bed

Will this help me lose fat???
    What is HIIT session for cardio??

bring it!

Rep Points

now that is progress!! its looking MUCH better! I would make the cottage cheese in meal 2 at least 3/4cup.
    are you only taking 3 fish oil capsules/day? I would aim for at least 5.
    you could add some veggies in meal 6 as well. and some healthy fats. what kind of mayo? low fat? regular?

HIIT -High Intensity Interval Training.
    basically you do a warmup on cardio. say on the bike. slight warmup then go for 1minute HARD as you can and then lower to a moderate pace for 1 minute and then 1 minute HARD again. you should really be panting and sweaty! 20mins intervals 5mins warmup/cooldown!

Rep Points

I will change the cottage cheese to 3/4 cup (I get so darn full) in meal 2.

I have never taken fish oil capsules - please tell me how many and where I should be taking them!

Any particular veggies to add in meal 6 as well. and some healthy fats - like what??? I use light mayo.-- should I be using something else???

I was shopping last night and was wondering about string cheese?????? For Meal 1 instead of the carb countdown milk should I be having something else?????

Is the apple OK - or should I have a different fruit??? Grapefruit???

If you think I should switch something I will - just let me know!!!

Thanks Again

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

Personally, I think the apple is good, but you can afford to have a whole one. Fresh produce is a dieters best friend.

bring it!

Rep Points

I will change the cottage cheese to 3/4 cup (I get so darn full) in meal 2.

I have never taken fish oil capsules - please tell me how many and where I should be taking them!
    aim for at LEAST 5/day. spread them out if you want. 2caps each time. make sure you have some in your last meal though.
    Any particular veggies to add in meal 6 as well. and some healthy fats - like what??? I use light mayo.-- should I be using something else???
    any fiberous veggies really. broccoli, spinach, romaine lettuce, green beans, mushrooms, onions, peppers, cucumbers, sprouts, celery, cabbage, etc. healthy fats like olive oil, flaxseed oil, hemp oil, natural peanut butter. I would try and cut back on the light mayo as well. use salsa's, vinegars, and mustards along with spices for flavouring.
    I was shopping last night and was wondering about string cheese?????? For Meal 1 instead of the carb countdown milk should I be having something else?????
    I wouldnt go with string cheese. too high in fats. the carb countdown milk is fine. you could also add in some eggwhites(1yolk)
    Is the apple OK - or should I have a different fruit??? Grapefruit???
    the apple is fine. fruits like, apples(with the peels), pears, grapefruit, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc are fine
    If you think I should switch something I will - just let me know!!!

Thanks Again

Rep Points

You need more fat. Fish oil is key, about 3-6 grams per day. The rest of your fat should be from monounsaturated sources i.e. olive oil. Eating these fats will help keep you full and take the fat off too.
    Curt

Physicallyelite Training and Nutrition Newsletter
    http://www.physicallyelite.com/newsletter.cfm

Rep Points

For Meal 1 - do you think I should take out my cereal??? I couldn't find ff Carb Countdown milk but I found chocolate Carb Countdown milk. It does contain 4.5g fat in 1 cup. It tastes so yummy. Can I have 1 cup of this and then my 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg?????

With my tuna - I will add salsa - tastes good too.

I was shopping and found a Carb Freedom yogurt by Blue Bunny:

90 calories
    3 g fat
    1.5 sat. fat
    cabs 5 g
    sugars 5 g
    protein 9 g

Can I substitute this in somewhere????
    When trying to lose fat - should I be watching my carbs and take my oatmeal out??????

I love natty pb - can I add a tablespoon somewhere maybe at night for dessert with meal 5???

I was counting up my calories - they are high. I thought for cutting I was to burn more than taking in. I weigh 130/135 so I should be consuming 1300 calories right??

bring it!

Rep Points

For Meal 1 - do you think I should take out my cereal??? I couldn't find ff Carb Countdown milk but I found chocolate Carb Countdown milk. It does contain 4.5g fat in 1 cup. It tastes so yummy. Can I have 1 cup of this and then my 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg?????
    leave the cereal. make it 1/2-3/4c. Carbcountdown milk. and keep the egg whites/1yolk as well.
    With my tuna - I will add salsa - tastes good too.

I was shopping and found a Carb Freedom yogurt by Blue Bunny:

90 calories
    3 g fat
    1.5 sat. fat
    cabs 5 g
    sugars 5 g
    protein 9 g

Can I substitute this in somewhere????
    in my opinon, once in a while is OK. its high in sugars(5g's). dotn have it everyday.
    When trying to lose fat - should I be watching my carbs and take my oatmeal out??????
    no oatmeal is a great choice in a diet. leave it in there. when dieting its good to cut back slightly on carb intake, but not too drastically-if you do then you will need carb-up's.
    I love natty pb - can I add a tablespoon somewhere maybe at night for dessert with meal 5???
    the peanut butter is fine.make sure that its natural. and 1tablespoon. you could have it before bed, along with some cottage cheese if you wanted. tastes great. (meal 6)
    I was counting up my calories - they are high. I thought for cutting I was to burn more than taking in. I weigh 130/135 so I should be consuming 1300 calories right??actually your calories arent high at all. 1300 would be TOO low! say you weigh 135. you should be taking in 1485-1620 calories daily. (bodyweight X 11 or 12)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast