Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Glucose levels ....

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

Glucose levels ....

After reading a post here I will buy a glucose meter. Just to make sure everything is working perfect.
    Even LOW G.I may cause diabetes ?
    Should I be that paranoid about my glucose levels ? If you can recommend some sites about it, I appreciate it.
    Thanks

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

There are a couple different types of diabetes. Does it run in your family? If so you need to keep a check on it. Diet is very much a big part of the lifestyle of a diabetic.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

Originally posted by etoussier
    I don't agree with twized110's recommendation to take carbs 50% to 70%... Depending on the state of your pancreas, this will either put up your blood glucose, or else it will cause your pancreas to secrete a lot of insulin to keep glucose down, in either case it is bad for you... I have no problem with calories, but they should come from protein, not from carbs... 50% to 70% carbs of 2000 cals, that is 1000 to 1400 carb calories, or 250 to 350 grams of SUGAR per day... that is about one glass of SUGAR per day !!! How can it be good for you? Buy yourself a glucose meter and TEST YOURSELF AFTER you eat... Don't believe ANYBODY... don't believe Twizted110, the U.S.D.A. Food Guide Pyramid... don't even believe ME... believe the glucose meter...
    - Ellis

Originally posted by etoussier
    You should ALWAYS eat in such a way that you keep your glucose levels low... or if your glucose levels are low no matter how you eat, you should still eat in such a way that you do not stimulate your pancreas to produce insulin, because if you do, you will eventually burn out your pancreas, ie, you advance on the Road to Diabetes... The way to eat, according to me, is to eat anything that is ANIMAL ORIGIN, ie, fish, chicken, beef, eggs, milk, cheese, non-sweetened yoghurt.... and VEGETABLES.... small portions of FRUITS (because fruits contain about 12.5% carbohydrates, which is too much if you eat large portions of fruits) , very small portions of BEANS or NUTS... AVOID Rice, potatoes, spaghetti, corn, bread, cookies, cakes, tortillas, anything made in a pastry shop... breakfast cereals... sweets, candies, chocolates, bees honey, maple syrup, condensed milk... and of course... avoid SUGAR... Keep your glucose levels between 70 and 105 mg/dl AFTER eating, by hook or by crook... 120 is BAD... 140 is TERRIBLE... 160 is HORRIBLE... 180 is DEATHLY... 200 and above is SUICIDAL... The only way you can know what are your glucose levels is BUY A GLUCOSE METER AND USE IT AFTER EATING... there is no other way...

Ellis

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

After reading these posts I got curious if it might be true..
    No diabetes in my family. I am just worried because my intake of carbs is around 45%.

Rep Points

You don't need a glucose meter

As DG said, does diabetes run in your family?

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

No Did you read the quotes ? Do they make any sense ?

Rep Points

I read the whole thread. How do you think a glucose meter will help you?

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

Because I eat a considerable amount of carbs it might :"stimulate your pancreas to produce insulin, because if you do, you will eventually burn out your pancreas, ie, you advance on the Road to Diabetes..."
    If I have a glucose meter I might see if the levels goes too high or stay that way for a long time.

Rep Points

How much carbs?

OMGWTFBBQ

Rep Points

Hypochondriac

Eh... if it sets your mind at ease, might as well. Those blood glucose meters are only like $50, right?

Im hungry
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

ok, it runs in my family so i should get one right
    Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. Abraham Lincoln

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson RIP

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Originally posted by Spitfire
    ok, it runs in my family so i should get one right
    Usually young people don't have to worry. But some young children have it from birth. Just check it once or twice a year, to keep a check on it.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Im hungry
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

OK thanks
    Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. Abraham Lincoln

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson RIP

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

Originally posted by Jodi
    How much carbs?
    379 g / 45 %