• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

Glucose levels ....

Vieope

Monochromatic Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
After reading a post here I will buy a glucose meter. Just to make sure everything is working perfect.
Even LOW G.I may cause diabetes ?
Should I be that paranoid about my glucose levels ? If you can recommend some sites about it, I appreciate it. :)
Thanks

There are a couple different types of diabetes. Does it run in your family? If so you need to keep a check on it. Diet is very much a big part of the lifestyle of a diabetic.

Originally posted by etoussier
I don't agree with twized110's recommendation to take carbs 50% to 70%... Depending on the state of your pancreas, this will either put up your blood glucose, or else it will cause your pancreas to secrete a lot of insulin to keep glucose down, in either case it is bad for you... I have no problem with calories, but they should come from protein, not from carbs... 50% to 70% carbs of 2000 cals, that is 1000 to 1400 carb calories, or 250 to 350 grams of SUGAR per day... that is about one glass of SUGAR per day !!! How can it be good for you? Buy yourself a glucose meter and TEST YOURSELF AFTER you eat... Don't believe ANYBODY... don't believe Twizted110, the U.S.D.A. Food Guide Pyramid... don't even believe ME... believe the glucose meter...
- Ellis

Originally posted by etoussier
You should ALWAYS eat in such a way that you keep your glucose levels low... or if your glucose levels are low no matter how you eat, you should still eat in such a way that you do not stimulate your pancreas to produce insulin, because if you do, you will eventually burn out your pancreas, ie, you advance on the Road to Diabetes... The way to eat, according to me, is to eat anything that is ANIMAL ORIGIN, ie, fish, chicken, beef, eggs, milk, cheese, non-sweetened yoghurt.... and VEGETABLES.... small portions of FRUITS (because fruits contain about 12.5% carbohydrates, which is too much if you eat large portions of fruits) , very small portions of BEANS or NUTS... AVOID Rice, potatoes, spaghetti, corn, bread, cookies, cakes, tortillas, anything made in a pastry shop... breakfast cereals... sweets, candies, chocolates, bees honey, maple syrup, condensed milk... and of course... avoid SUGAR... Keep your glucose levels between 70 and 105 mg/dl AFTER eating, by hook or by crook... 120 is BAD... 140 is TERRIBLE... 160 is HORRIBLE... 180 is DEATHLY... 200 and above is SUICIDAL... The only way you can know what are your glucose levels is BUY A GLUCOSE METER AND USE IT AFTER EATING... there is no other way...

Ellis

After reading these posts I got curious if it might be true..
No diabetes in my family. I am just worried because my intake of carbs is around 45%.

You don't need a glucose meter :rolleyes:

As DG said, does diabetes run in your family?

I read the whole thread. How do you think a glucose meter will help you?

Because I eat a considerable amount of carbs it might :"stimulate your pancreas to produce insulin, because if you do, you will eventually burn out your pancreas, ie, you advance on the Road to Diabetes..."
If I have a glucose meter I might see if the levels goes too high or stay that way for a long time.

How much carbs?

Hypochondriac :laugh:

Eh... if it sets your mind at ease, might as well. Those blood glucose meters are only like $50, right?

IML Gear Cream!
ok, it runs in my family so i should get one right

Originally posted by Spitfire
ok, it runs in my family so i should get one right
Usually young people don't have to worry. But some young children have it from birth. Just check it once or twice a year, to keep a check on it.

OK thanks :thumb:

Back