• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Dilemma: Working and Working Out!

Downtown Guy

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm a poor working stiff who recently accepted a second job. The time required to work both jobs will make it extremely difficult to continue working out with any regularity. Maybe some of you will have suggestions for dealing with such a hectic schedule.

Here's the basic work scedule:
  • Monday 8 hours
  • Tuesday Off
  • Wednesday 14 hours
  • Thursday 14 hours
  • Friday 14 hours
  • Saturday 14 hours
  • Sunday 8 hours

I must be a nut case for even considering doing this. So flame away if you must. But if you'd like to help, please comment on my workout plan, or suggest an alternative.

I have decided not to workout on the four consecutive 14 hour workdays. That leaves three consecutive days(Sunday, Monday & Tuesday) to work out. My plan is:
  • Sunday - PUSH
  • Monday - LEGS
  • Tuesday - PULL

If I survive those three days, I will "rest" for four consecutive days while working 14 hours each day. The plan is to do Squats and Deadlifts on alternating weeks, never doing both in the same week. Although I have quite a few years on my body, I've only been working out a little over a year and would probably be considered an experienced beginner.

Does this plan sound feasible? Or, would it make more sense to workout only on Sunday and Tuesday, while resting on Monday? If so, how best to split up the bodyparts? Thanks for any helpful suggestions!

Perfect time to do this if your cutting. A killer diet everyday and 3 killer days of lifting and aerobics. You can get lean and maintain muscle.

How long do you plan on working this job schedule....?

Maintain Muscle and Get Lean

Originally posted by seabee
Perfect time to do this if your cutting. A killer diet everyday and 3 killer days of lifting and aerobics. You can get lean and maintain muscle.

Hope you're right, Seabee! That's my basic plan: Maintain muscle and shed a little fat. I need to gain more muscle. But considering my killer work schedule, probably can't do it.

No Artificial Stimulants for Me, Please.

Originally posted by Jezziah
Get aquainted with ephedra...

Thanks for the suggestion! But I can't handle the crashes. Besides, my brain manufactures its own form of speed. They want to bottle the stuff! Doctors have threatened to tap my forehead like a maple tree! But I'm not going for it. I'd look a little goofy walking around with a bucket hanging from my forehead. :D

Schedule is open, six months?

Originally posted by Mr_Snafu
How long do you plan on working this job schedule....?

Damn good question. If I don't juggle them successfully, I might get fired from both jobs. But if I don't get fired or quit from burnout, I should have enough infromation in about six months to choose one over the other.

Do you think a man can maintain his muscle over a six month period with a work schedule like this?

Goals.

Originally posted by IronSlingah
What are your goals?

Slingah, like I mentioned above, I need to gain more muscle. I'm a 160 lb. weakling at 5'9" and about 16% bobyfat. But I'm an older guy and would be happy to gain ten lbs of muscle in the next 18 months. I would also like to reduce my bodyfat to about 10%. For the next six months, while working 70 to 75 hours a week, I think a reasonable goal would be to maintain the muscle I have while cutting a little fat. Does that make sense?

Or, is there a way to actually gain muscle mass while working this many hours? I'm a little afraid of a HIT/Hardgainer type routine. There may not be enough hours in the day for me to rest properly from such a routine. But three consecutive days of working out followed by four 14 hour work days is going to beat the hell out of me anyway. Any ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions from all of you experienced and knowledgeable bodybuilders!

Re: Schedule is open, six months?

Originally posted by Downtown Guy
But if I don't get fired or quit from burnout, I should have enough infromation in about six months to choose one over the other.

Why don't you just try and maintain your gains for the next six months then when you are working only one job you can bulk? In the long run it might be easier on you mentally:twitch: :bash: :nut:

The only way to know if you can handle this is to try it...if it feels like too much then cut back

IML Gear Cream!
Re: Re: Schedule is open, six months?

Originally posted by Jezziah
Why don't you just try and maintain your gains for the next six months then when you are working only one job you can bulk? In the long run it might be easier on you mentally:twitch: :bash: :nut:

The only way to know if you can handle this is to try it...if it feels like too much then cut back

Jezziah, you're absollutely right! I've learned a lot from this forum and thought I may get some helpful suggestions from members who have had similar experiences. Last chance this week - gotta go work out. Thanks!

Back