• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

What Are The Benefits Of Exercize???

Flex

FLEXecutioner
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
alrighty guys, i'm not asking this cuz i don't know, but i have a 30 minute group presentation on body health/image coming up very soon, and i obviously chose the exercize portion to report on.

now i know there are a million benefits, but can you guys just post AS MANY thoughts/facts/ideas as possible.

ANY input would be greatly appreciated. and please don't think just cuz your input is simple that its not wanted...i literally want EVERYTHING....facts, websites, old posts, thoughts (for example: look good, more self confidence, better cardiovascular shape....EVERYTHING).

so, what are the benefits of exercize????

thanks everyone :thumb:

Not rotting to death.

What I mean is not becoming old and frail before your time, think of people who move a few boxes in the garage, or move from one house to another, and can't move for weeks or throw something out. Those of us who work out are much less likely to suffer from this because we USE our bodies, and the average person doesn't, except to walk about 20 feet to their cars, or they use their legs to push their chair around their cubicle.

It gives you something to be motivated about everyday, rather than sitting around and letting the day pass by while you're sitting on the couch wathching TV.

Adding to what Mudge said, exercise promotes a mobile and active lifestyle in the senior years... the guy who lets his beer gut get out of control and lays on the couch from the minute he gets home until he goes to bed will just deteriorate over the years. He probably won???t be able to walk without the assistance of a cane or wheelchair by the time he's 70 or 80 (this is exactly what happened to my grandfather and I???m watching it happen to my father). Whatever conditions people develop from years of inactivity and improper dietary habits will ultimately limit and restrict what they are able to do in later years. They may even be discouraged from going out at all because of their physical limitations. What kind of life is that? You end up being a prisoner in your own body.

It may not make me live to 140, but I think quality of life will be far better.

well I will speak for the more hardcore lifters and say that it gives you perspective on yourself. It goes beyond and transends your self image. I do it for the mental gain, b/c it teaches you that you cannot cheat yourself as you can everything else in life. You are the one that has to look yourself in the mirror each day, and the man in the mirror knows all! ha. This is a good lesson that you can apply you life in general. Its an extremely humbling experience, as well as being an incredible boost to your self confidence. what else in life is both I ask you? thats what is so great about it IMO. I know Flex feels me.;)

...this is the only body we have. why not make it a good one. plus added benefits of being able to lift something heavy without paying a mover or something... and looking good

"Life is capable of driving you out of your mind. The way it all comes
down these days, it's some kind of miracle if you're not insane. People have become separated from their bodies. They are no longer whole. See them move from their offices to their cars and on to their suburban homes. They stress out constantly, they lose sleep, they eat badly. And they behave badly. Their egos run wild; they become motivated by that which will eventually give them a massive stroke. They need the Iron mind.

I believe that when the body is strong, the mind
thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins

I'm sure at times lifting has saved me from hurting myself or others. (ie. bashing someones head in...being bashed back in return) It also has been a release for a lot of the rage & anger that I carried from experiences as a child and teenager into adulthood.

IML Gear Cream!
increase in bone density from just holding that BB on your back (kindda ties into the "be good till old age thing" but just wanted to mention it). I'll try and think up of some more shit.

alright, i figure the way i'm gonna present my part is to have an example of my main point (how exercize is beneficial) such as "self confidence", then go into it and b.s. as much as i can, eventually moving onto the next topic.

so i'm gonna try and "one/two word summarize" each of your points, that way people see what has already been said, and please correct me if i'm wrong......

Mudge- "keep active as opposed to sedentary" (so for example, i'll say "one benefit of exer. is keeping active, making everyday tasks a piece of cake blah blah blah)

Sean- "stay motivated/avoid laziness"

Jezziah- "prepare" for old age" (which is actually a great example, cuz its for an "ageing and adulthood" class)

Mudge- "improve quality of life"

gr- "humbling and +'s self confidence" (course i feel ya bro;) having a pump is the ONLY time i feel big haha )

kvyd- "look good"

manic- "union of mind and body" (which also fits the class perfectly, cuz we had a small unit on the union of mind/body/spirit)

Jezziah- prob. can't say "saved me from killing someone" haha, although i completely agree. so i'll sum it up as "relieving tension/anxiety/anger in a safe/productive way"

Yanick- "increase bone density" (which i didnt even know occured)

thanks so much boys, you're making this so easy for me:thumb:

Oh yeah, increase in insulin sensitivity/glucose metabolism.

Abstract:

Battling insulin resistance in elderly obese people with type 2 diabetes: bring on the heavy weights.

Willey KA, Singh MA.

School of Exercise and Sport Science, the University of Sydney, Lidcombe, Australia.

Exercise improves insulin resistance and has beneficial effects in preventing and treating type 2 diabetes. However, aerobic exercise is hindered in many type 2 diabetic patients because of advancing age, obesity, and other comorbid conditions. Weight lifting or progressive resistance training (PRT) offers a safe and effective exercise alternative for these people. PRT promotes favorable energy balance and reduced visceral fat deposition through enhanced basal metabolism and activity levels while counteracting age- and disease-related muscle wasting. PRT improves insulin sensitivity and glycemic control; increases muscle mass, strength, and endurance; and has positive effects on bone density, osteoarthritic symptoms, mobility impairment, self-efficacy, hypertension, and lipid profiles. PRT also alleviates symptoms of anxiety, depression, and insomnia in individuals with clinical depression and improves exercise tolerance in individuals with cardiac ischemic disease and congestive heart failure; all of these aspects are relevant to the care of diabetic elders. Moreover, PRT is safe and well accepted in many complex patient populations, including very frail elderly individuals and those with cardiovascular disease. The greater feasibility of using PRT over aerobic exercise in elderly obese type 2 diabetic individuals because of concomitant cardiovascular, arthritic, and other disease provides a solid rationale for investigating the global benefits of PRT in the management of diabetes.

Publication Types:
Review
Review, Tutorial

PMID: 12716822 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another one:

[Physical activity to delay the effects of aging on mobility]

[Article in French]

Lacour JR, Kostka T, Bonnefoy M.

Service de geriatrie, Centre hospitalier Lyon-sud. lacour@univ-lyon1.fr

SARCOPENIA: Aging is accompanied by the progressive reduction in cardio-pulmonary capacity and muscular strength. These two phenomena are partly related to the decrease in muscle mass, or sarcopenia. CARDIO-PULMONARY CAPACITY: Measured by maximum oxygen consumption (VO2max), it demonstrates the individual's capacity for movement. It is also the principle marker of mortality due to cardiovascular events. VO2max decreases by around 0.8% each year, in close correlation with the evolution in muscle mass. These phenomena are partly related to reduced physical activity and, particularly, intense activity greater than 6 MET. Regular practice of moderately intense physical activity can maintain VO2max at a level 20 to 35% superior to that of the mean level in the same age range, and is associated with increased autonomic nervous system activity. DECREASED MUSCULAR STRENGTH: Sarcopenia and the proportional decrease in fast-twitch muscle fibers are related to a reduction in physical activity. The decrease in muscular strength is a handicapping factor and increases the risk of falls. Two sessions of training per week can increase by more than 30% the strength of the muscles concerned, by increasing the muscle volume and the maximum frequency of emission of motoneuron influx. The production of somatotropin, insulin-like growth factor-I and testosterone can also be increased. High-resistance exercises are themselves sufficient to increase bone density. In the light of these advantages, the practice of workouts in endurance and strength should be encouraged.

Publication Types:
Review
Review, Tutorial

PMID: 12192731 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

take off your shirt and flex! that'll show em something, but other then that you can give analogy talk, like compare your body to a car , your body needs work and correct fuel just like a car, you can go off on a lot of tangents with that, and then end it with flexing without your shirt on

hahahahaha good one aztec. i'll just rip my shirt off and do a front lat spread into a front double biceps:flex: hahahaha

good quotes bro. but i believe Ash 1st said taht in "Army of Darkness" haha.

Doc Holiday is one badass mofo:thumb:

what the bubble gum quote? rowdy said it in the movie "they live" don't know which one predates the other

Pussy?

haha good one bro.

"Um, yes class, since i've started bodybuilding and bulking, my pussy intake has increased incredibly. In fact, i'm getting so much pussy i think i need to start cutting. That's the reason i never come to this class, too much pussy"

i'm sure that'll get me a good grade haha

You could always say that the volume of your opposite sex copulation has drastically increased in proportion to the amount of time spent in the gym...

Good luck with the presentation Flex

IML Gear Cream!
ha i like your lingo. (and thanks bro)

"Well according to my approximate calculation the drast increase in volume of opposite sex copulation has significantly increased in proportion to the rigorous time spent in the gym. Therefore, if you want girls, start doin' curls" hahahahah

Originally posted by Flex
haha good one bro.

"Um, yes class, since i've started bodybuilding and bulking, my pussy intake has increased incredibly. In fact, i'm getting so much pussy i think i need to start cutting. That's the reason i never come to this class, too much pussy"

i'm sure that'll get me a good grade haha

Sounds about right... haha. :thumb:

Reduced risk of cancer, heart disease, stroke, and other diseases related to maintain poor health into an old age.

Improved immune system response.

Improved body composition (BF%).

Strengthens muscles, bones, joints, ligaments, etc.

Improves quality of life into old age.

Helps prevent depression.

Helps maintain a proper sleeping cycle.

There's more, but this is just off the top of my head.

it keeps you from killing your family members :angel2:

Back