Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

gaining lean mass

Rep Points

Cool gaining lean mass

everything ive been told and read says to get bigger and stronger to eat all the time and eat lean foods which i try to do but i happen to gain weight in my mid section very easily so i do gain muscle and weight but i also gain a little bit of a gut even when i try to do cardio 3 days a week and lift weights 5 days a week. how do i gain lean mass and at the same time get a cut upper body and 6 pack abs?

Sackin' up every day

Rep Points

i'm in the same boat as you i have been gaining mass lately, with an all clean diet, but i can't keep my six pack to the level that i want to, it's the nature of the beast i guess, you have to gain both fat and muscle, then los some fat while maintaining muscle. if it were easy to both gain muscle with the same body fat, everyone would be gettin huge and ripped
    -Sack Up-

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?" Pink Floyd, Another Brick in the Wall

bring it!

Rep Points

you need to ideally choose one goal at a time... concentrate on gaining muscle or shedding fat. it is VERY difficult to do two at the same time.
    some members here have done well following TP's carb cycling while gaining muscle and not gaining fat at the same time. something to consider.
    " To dream anything you want to dream: That is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything you want to do: That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits: that is the courage to succeed."

Rep Points

If you want to maintain a six pack. You have to Cycle your CARBS. 3 days On and 2 Days off. Increase your Protein and dietary fiber the day you are CARBS off. That will compensate the carbs for protein. Proteins are easy to burn than fats and carbs.
    LIFE IS FULL OF ROSES IF WELL PLANNED. FAMILY DOCTOR