IronMagLabs

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Unsweetened protein

working for the man
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Unsweetened protein

Hello,

I try to avoid sugar and lately I'm trying to avoid artificial sweeteners as well. The only place I really ever get artificial sweetener is in my protein (which I use once or twice a day). I bought some All The Whey unflavored, but it's too gross to use by itself, so I'm thinking about buying some unsweetened chocolate protein from Protein Factory or Protein Customizer (I was thinking of buying casein). I can eat almost anything as long as it has a little flavor, but how gross do you think it would be if I mixed unsweetened chocolate casein with All The Whey unflavored whey?

Thanks.

Rep Points

dude, face it sugar and artificial sweetners make things taste good. Its not gonna taste good just cuz you put chocolate in it. if that was the case you could just get regular unsweetened cocoa powder. why the aversion of artificial sweetners though?
    Foreman_Rules could masturbate with one hand and finger his own anus with the other at the same time.

he is proud of this fact.

working for the man
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I just don't think they are healthy. Do a search for sucralose side effects. It comes up with a bunch of stuff, most of which isn't pleasant. I'm thinking of trying stevia, but I don't know.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

You worry too much!!

There is probably a lot of shit in all the food you eat, that are just as bad for you as those sweeteners.

Unless you grow your own veggies, and raise your own livestock.

BTW, I like Stevia, very strong stuff.

Rep Points

there is no way to avoid chemicals and inorganic molecules in what you eat unless you grow your own vegetables and raise your own livestock. There are pathogens in everything we eat and drink and breath, you just gotta keep your immune system strong.
    Foreman_Rules could masturbate with one hand and finger his own anus with the other at the same time.

he is proud of this fact.

bring it!

Rep Points

get some stevia and natural vanilla extract or pure cocoa and flavour your own
    " To dream anything you want to dream: That is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything you want to do: That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits: that is the courage to succeed."

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

Originally posted by OmarJackson
    there is no way to avoid chemicals and inorganic molecules in what you eat unless you grow your own vegetables and raise your own livestock. There are pathogens in everything we eat and drink and breath, you just gotta keep your immune system strong.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Originally posted by pu239
    I just don't think they are healthy. Do a search for sucralose side effects. It comes up with a bunch of stuff, most of which isn't pleasant. I'm thinking of trying stevia, but I don't know.
    I agree, artificial sweeteners are no good...

I would rather use real sugar than fake ones
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

bring it!

Rep Points

theres no need to use real sugars either.
    use stevia. its an herb. search the web, tons of info on it.
    " To dream anything you want to dream: That is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything you want to do: That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits: that is the courage to succeed."

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Originally posted by atherjen
    theres no need to use real sugars either.
    very true...

personally the only thing in my diet that needs to be sweetend is my oats in the morning. and I just put a banana in that, problem sovled...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.