Current diet

Thread: Current diet

Rep Points

Current diet

Hi this is my current diet and please don't make fun of me.

Weekday Breakfast and Lunch: 1 plate of chicken, 2 glasses thai tea milk shake

Weekday Dinner: Bunch of stuff and junk like soba noodles with soy sauce or spaghetti with meatballs or chocolate and chips

Weekend Breakfast and Lunch: 3-4 sausage egg mcmuffin, large orange juice

Weekend Dinner: Big Feast usually chinese buffett or lotsa chinese food

bring it!

Rep Points

hmmmm I highly suggest that you go and read the STICKIES at the top of the forum to better your knowledge on proper nutrition.
    " To dream anything you want to dream: That is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything you want to do: That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits: that is the courage to succeed."

DOWNSIZING
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Exactly. That diet is terrible and I think you should be able to clean it up and have us take a look at it again.
    Leslie
    My Journal
    My Sponsor:www.AvantLabs.com

Rep Points

Holy shit Batman! That's the diet from hell.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

WOW, You got to be kidding. On a typical day you have 2 milk shakes, chocolate and chips. You definately need to clean up that diet.

INK NOT MINK
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

What's up with all the chinese/Asian food?

Rep Points

I guess cause it tastes good!

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

What are yours stats?

The Gym's Disciple
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Re: Current diet

Originally posted by phreakypat
    Hi this is my current diet and please don't make fun of me.

Weekday Breakfast and Lunch: 1 plate of chicken, 2 glasses thai tea milk shake

Weekday Dinner: Bunch of stuff and junk like soba noodles with soy sauce or spaghetti with meatballs or chocolate and chips

Weekend Breakfast and Lunch: 3-4 sausage egg mcmuffin, large orange juice

Weekend Dinner: Big Feast usually chinese buffett or lotsa chinese food

You're joking right?
    ]

Rep Points

Nope not at all. In fact just this morning I had hometown buffet consisting of 3 eggs benedict, 1 plate of scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and gravy, 1 cherry coke. Yes I know this is a diet from hell and I need a total diet overhaul. I've been eating like this pretty much for my entire life. I'm 25 BTW. The macronutrients are like screwy because at times its 80% carbs, 4% protein, 16% fat or 60% protein, 20% carbs, 20% fat. Yes I like chinese food cause they supposedly say its healthier than regular American food like hamburger. However, I'm in dying need of yet adding vegetables, fruits, whole grains. So I take Metamucil as fiber. Damn you guys and gals take dieting pretty seriously. I've read some of your posts and you guys talk all scientific and have all your meals breakdown of the proper macronutrients. But yes I truly am going to clean up my entire diet and start eating properly. I'd like to have a body like you guys which I admire. My problem is its quite difficult to eat like 5-6 meals a day of healthy foods. Its like me having my usual high carb chinese takeout 1 day to tasteless carbs the next. And I'm amazed at the amount of protein I have to eat. Isn't that bad for the kidneys and cholesterol in the long run? Oh my stats are 5'8" 280 lbs. cholesterol at 280 and I'm an endomorph (make fat easily) I guess.

Nor*Cal
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I would suggest taking things gradually then, and also please read the stickies. If you've been eating like this your entire life, the way to change is slowly.

Nor*Cal
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Also, a cholesterol of 280? Are you seeing a cardiologist or other doctor? Are you on any medication such as Liptor, Atorvastatin, Pravachol, etc.? Yikes, I'm shocked that with cholesterol like that, that a doc hasn't put you on some sort of diet and exercise program.

The Gym's Disciple
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

And I'm amazed at the amount of protein I have to eat. Isn't that bad for the kidneys and cholesterol in the long run?

As long as you drink plenty of water (1 gallon) a day you'll be fine.
    ]

Rep Points

Ok I've devised a diet plan based on my sleep schedule after reading one of the articles.

*9:30 AM- 2 tablespoons of Metamucil
    *10 AM- 4 eggs, maybe 2 whites 2 w/yolks, multivitamins
    *10:30 AM- 1 scoop of whey protein, 5 gm of creatine powder
    *11 AM- Weight lifting
    *11:45 PM - Immediately after workout 1-2 scoops of whey protein, 10 gms of creatine powder, 1 apple (optional)
    *1 PM- 5 gms of creatine powder
    *2 PM - 2 cans of tuna w/lemon, 1 full plate of soba noodles w/soy sauce and olive oil
    *5 PM- 1 plate of salad with olive oil and vinegar or 1-2 plates of vegetables (any combination),
    *8 PM- 2 cans of tuna w/lemon, 1-2 plates of vegetables (any)
    *11 PM-1 scoop of whey protein powder, 5 gms of creatine powder
    *12:30-1:00- 3mg of Melatonin, SLEEP

Let's take into account this is a big change after years of junk food and whatnot I'm merely "cleaning" up my diet. Also taking into account is the 7 day creatine loading period and. Then after that its 5 gms of creatine for maintenance.
    Soba noodles unlike spaghetti or ramen is low gi.
    For offdays I'm eliminating it to 2 times/day on whey protein (morning and night).
    This list seems weak in terms of variety, but also taking into account I'm on a very limited budget (40-60$/week on food and supplements.)
    I also plan on drinking 8-10 or more glasses of water per day.
    Every week I'll have 1 cheat meal. I'll eat whatever I want within reason.
    Last edited by phreakypat; 04-03-2004 at 09:06 PM.

The Gym's Disciple
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Well bro no need in loading creatine. Just take 5 grams a day.
    ]

Rep Points

Originally posted by donescobar2000
    Well bro no need in loading creatine. Just take 5 grams a day.
    REALLY? Do you have an article or website that proves this?

The Gym's Disciple
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Acutually there have been some studies done that I have read on. I can not find them now but I have been in other discussion which included details of not needing to load creatine. It is a waste of product. Trust me.
    ]

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

What are your goals? What is your bodyfat %?

WHat kind of chinese fod are you eating (some of it has a lot of sodium which can delay your progress)? You said you had chicken for breakfast/ lunch? Does that mean you skip breakfast, or just have the same thing for breakfast and lunch? The problems here are:
    a) You skipping a meal
    b) You not taking in the kinf of nutrition your body needs.
    c) You eat the same foods every day so your metabolism has gotten used to the same regimen, and isn't going to rev itself up again unless you change something in your diet.

bring it!

Rep Points

Ok I've devised a diet plan based on my sleep schedule after reading one of the articles.

*9:30 AM- 2 tablespoons of Metamucil
    *10 AM- 4 eggs, maybe 2 whites 2 w/yolks, multivitamins
    *10:30 AM- 1 scoop of whey protein, 5 gm of creatine powder
    no need for this shake... how about adding in some oatmeal or bran cereal with your first meal?? you need some carbs in there!!
    *11 AM- Weight lifting
    *11:45 PM - Immediately after workout 1-2 scoops of whey protein, 10 gms of creatine powder, 1 apple (optional)
    ok an apple is a poor source of carbs post workout. simply because it contains fructose which replinishs liver glycogen stores before muscle tissues. how about some brown rice or oats or sweet potato with that shake post workout? if you wanted to go with something high GI you could also opt for rice cakes
    *1 PM- 5 gms of creatine powder
    *2 PM - 2 cans of tuna w/lemon, 1 full plate of soba noodles w/soy sauce and olive oil
    ditch the soba noodles and opt for better carbs as I mentioned above. how about adding in some veggies too??? ALSO.. what is the size of your tuna cans? if its 28-30gprotein/can cut back on that to max 1.5cans..even that is alot.
    *5 PM- 1 plate of salad with olive oil and vinegar or 1-2 plates of vegetables (any combination),
    how about moving 1 of the cans of tuna at 8pm to your 5pm meal... as there is no protein in there.
    *8 PM- 2 cans of tuna w/lemon, 1-2 plates of vegetables (any)
    *11 PM-1 scoop of whey protein powder, 5 gms of creatine powder
    add in a few healthy fats to slow digestion down some.
    *12:30-1:00- 3mg of Melatonin, SLEEP

Let's take into account this is a big change after years of junk food and whatnot I'm merely "cleaning" up my diet. Also taking into account is the 7 day creatine loading period and. Then after that its 5 gms of creatine for maintenance.
    I also agree that there is NO need to be loading the creatine. simply take 5-10g post workout and your fine..... the loading phase is all a marketing ploy IMO

Soba noodles unlike spaghetti or ramen is low gi.
    For offdays I'm eliminating it to 2 times/day on whey protein (morning and night).
    This list seems weak in terms of variety, but also taking into account I'm on a very limited budget (40-60$/week on food and supplements.)
    I also plan on drinking 8-10 or more glasses of water per day.
    Every week I'll have 1 cheat meal. I'll eat whatever I want within reason.
    " To dream anything you want to dream: That is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything you want to do: That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits: that is the courage to succeed."

Rep Points

Originally posted by jaim91
    What are your goals? What is your bodyfat %?

WHat kind of chinese fod are you eating (some of it has a lot of sodium which can delay your progress)? You said you had chicken for breakfast/ lunch? Does that mean you skip breakfast, or just have the same thing for breakfast and lunch? The problems here are:
    a) You skipping a meal
    b) You not taking in the kinf of nutrition your body needs.
    c) You eat the same foods every day so your metabolism has gotten used to the same regimen, and isn't going to rev itself up again unless you change something in your diet.
    Basically my goal is to be around say 150-200 with as low as bodyfat as I can get. I don't know my current bodyfat% but I am definetly sure its really really high.

For chinese food I eat Dim sum, pot stickers, shrimp fried rice, chicken chow mein, wonton soup, crispy fried chicken and other various chinese style cooked chicken, barbecue spare ribs, sweet & sour pork, Tofu with black mushrooms...

I have the same thing for breakfast and lunch.
    a)Yes I agree I sometimes have like 2-3 meals a day like the first meal 5 hours spaced apart from the later 2 meals and I eat most of my meals late at night.
    b)I try to take a multivitamin. I take a fiber powder. But I don't eat vegetables.
    c)Yes I pretty much eat the same stuff everyday.

BTW thanks atherjen for helping me fix the diet. Although, I was tempted to do a CKD, but being in ketosis for 5 days seems a bit counterproductive in gaining and keeping muscle mass plus that diet seems it will destroy my metabolism!
    Last edited by phreakypat; 04-04-2004 at 02:36 PM.

Sackin' up every day

Rep Points

Basically my goal is to be around say 150-200 with as low as bodyfat as I can get. I don't know my current bodyfat% but I am definetly sure its really really high.
    sorry but you need more defined goals if your gonna have any 150 lbs to 200 lbs is a huuuuuuge difference. start from there and proceed forward
    -Sack Up-

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?" Pink Floyd, Another Brick in the Wall

Rep Points

Well I want to at least get to 200 lbs. with a much much lower BF% than what I currently have at 280 lbs. I'm not even sure what I'll look like at 200 lbs. But taking my height at 5'8" I think the goal I want MIGHT be with a lower bodyweight like say 170-180 lbs. with a low BF%. Sorry I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying...

Rep Points

you definatly need more motivation