• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

To cardio or not to cardio, that is the question.

Cardio or no cardio that is the question

• Cardio

Votes: 37 61.7%
  • No cardio

Votes: 23 38.3%

• Total voters

SKINSFAN

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Currently I do cardio 3 times a week on days that I do not lift, intervals on a stationary bike 30 minutes.

I'm sorry, lol...but you're going to have to give a little more detail than that if you want some answers. I haven't a clue what you're talking about! :)

Ok SKINS...thats good...what is the question my friend?

I'm sorry if I wasn't to clear, just checking to see how many people combine, if any, cardio workouts with lifting.

Just asking if you do cardio period. Sorry for being so unclear, I must a little foggy from my the great workout today. 1st one since my week off. :)

I view cardio as a way to maintain or eliminate bodyfat.Since those have never been my goals, I never do any cardio.That and the fact that I have the metabolism as fast as a championship racehorse with a hot poker up it's ass.

It really depends on your goals. If you wish to mainatin your current bodyfat while gaining muscle, some moderate cardio is fine. If you wish to lose bodyfat, than cardio is quite valuable. I usually do about 20 minutes of cardio after each of my 4 weekly workouts in the offseason, and before I get ready for competition my cardio will increase greatly.

I love doing cardio. Running and biking!!!

Let's get one thing clear. Cardio is NOT required to lose body fat. As a matter of fact, weight training elevates your metabolism for a much longer period of time than cardio does. So in essence cardio may burn more fat during the actual workout, but weight training burns more fat post workout for a longer time.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by The Rose
Let's get one thing clear. Cardio is NOT required to lose body fat. As a matter of fact, weight training elevates your metabolism for a much longer period of time than cardio does. So in essence cardio may burn more fat during the actual workout, but weight training burns more fat post workout for a longer time.

You're correct, it is not necessary. However, it does help. :)

*** Proof please.

Yeah, I've read that you do not need cardio to burn fat.

Cardio is not an absolute necessity for burning fat. However, it will burn fat more directly than weight training will. Weights will burn primarily stored glycogen for energy, while cardio(if done at approx. 60-70% max heart rate) will burn more energy from stored bodyfat. However, training with weights will raise metabolic rate overall for a much longer period of time than cardio. In addition, cardio does nada to increase lean body mass, while of course weights do. The increased muscle will cause increased energy expenditure all day long in order to maintain the new tissue.

So...best strategy for losing fat...1) get your diet in order 2) get on a proper weight training program 3) include moderate aerobics 3-4 days per week.

If for some reason you can only do one or the other...pick the weights, no doubt!

w8 whats cardio? you kill me:D :p even when i'm lifting heavy,bulking up,i walk 4-5 times/wk 45-60mins. so i guess i'll consider that cardio,w8 considers cardio running to the frige and back to the computer,,ha ha:D whew!!!

cardio=fat loss ,its a must.

Only cardio I do is whatever our track coach makes us do. Im a jumper, so I dont have to do to much

cardio puts me in a good mood throughout the rest of the day. I do HIIT 20mins anywhere from 2-5 times weekly. When I was bulking I never did any though. I really
don't like doing it. I just like the effects from it. It does help speed up the fatloss process
well it did for me anyway.

Michal Kindred guest posed at the contest I was at this weekend. He said he doesn't do cardio, period. And he's ripped to shreds. Sure, pro's use other means... but damn! It was crazy. He'll do very well at his upcoming pro shows.

IML Gear Cream!
I'm bulking and have since cut out cardio from my diet. My main problem is taking in enough calories...now why would I want to burn those hardearned calaories? ;)

keep in mind that by failing to do cardiovascular exercise, you're also failing to train the most important muscle in your body : )

if your looking to live a more overrall healthy life cardio is something you should always do, if your looking to be the biggest strongest person you can possibly be then little to no cardio is the way to go.

If you get your heart rate up during a weight workout, which most of us who lift seriously do, your heart isn't going to suffer by not doing cardio.

gopro said:
Cardio is not an absolute necessity for burning fat. However, it will burn fat more directly than weight training will. Weights will burn primarily stored glycogen for energy, while cardio(if done at approx. 60-70% max heart rate) will burn more energy from stored bodyfat. However, training with weights will raise metabolic rate overall for a much longer period of time than cardio. In addition, cardio does nada to increase lean body mass, while of course weights do. The increased muscle will cause increased energy expenditure all day long in order to maintain the new tissue.

So...best strategy for losing fat...1) get your diet in order 2) get on a proper weight training program 3) include moderate aerobics 3-4 days per week.

If for some reason you can only do one or the other...pick the weights, no doubt!

Hi there,

Im Ulyses and im new to this forum .. from Sydney Aus.

Im one of those guys who has been skinny all their lives who finds it very hard to put on any amount of weight.
Im 31 now and decided to change that. Ive been training hard for the last 6 months and have gained 6 kg of muscle.
Unfortunately i have also gained a some weight on my stomach.
I still want to gain another 5 kg or so. Do i need to start cardio workouts to get rid of this fat .. i realy want a 6 pack .... or should i wait until i gain this extra weight b4 doing so?

whats your advice?

Ulyses said:
Hi there,

Im Ulyses and im new to this forum .. from Sydney Aus.

Im one of those guys who has been skinny all their lives who finds it very hard to put on any amount of weight.
Im 31 now and decided to change that. Ive been training hard for the last 6 months and have gained 6 kg of muscle.
Unfortunately i have also gained a some weight on my stomach.
I still want to gain another 5 kg or so. Do i need to start cardio workouts to get rid of this fat .. i realy want a 6 pack .... or should i wait until i gain this extra weight b4 doing so?

whats your advice?
Most people workout in phases. A bulking phase where they put on as much muscle as they want in a given period, albeit with some fat. Then they do a cutting phase, where they get rid of the cover to reveal the masterpiece. Get up to the mass size you'd like, then cut.

Cardio is most important for increasing your energy. ANYTHING that keeps your heart-rate up for 20 minutes or more is considered to be a cardio workout. We always did that using circuit training.

It's important to understand that Cardio isn't required for fat-burning. If you walked 4 miles in an hour, or walked one mile in 15 minutes, 4 times throuhout the day, you would effectively burn the same amount of fat, but your heart wouldn't get the same workout. Every exrcise you do has the potential to burn fat, but if you want to give your heart a workout, and increase your energey levels, then you're going to have to get your hear-rate up there, and keep it there for 20 minutes plus.

Back