Skip meal or eat junk?

Working on a new me!

Rep Points

Skip meal or eat junk?

Ok, lets say I am getting close to my eating time and I need to eat. But, I didn't pack any food for this meal and there is a restaurant nearby. Do I eat the relatively healthiest food I can get or just skip the meal.

I am bulking and have low bodyfat so I assume that I should eat, but I don't know for sure.
    "Fear profits man nothing."

Rep Points

Eat the healthiest foods you can get. Never skip a meal, especially bulking.

You can go into any grocery store and find something portable too. I've had to do that many times.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

bring it!

Rep Points

EAT!!!
    regardless of your goals you should never skip a meal... Ive had to run into corner stores many times and grab something like pickled eggs, dry roasted or raw nuts/seeds, veggie dips(dont eat the dip), peice of fruit, real turkey sandwichs(minus the bread).
    OR like I do.. always carry a lil shaker cup with you with premeasured whey protein so you dont have to worry about getting your protein source and grab something else easy to go along with it as mentioned above!
    " To dream anything you want to dream: That is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything you want to do: That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits: that is the courage to succeed."

Rep Points

it's great to be prepared like atherjen said....but when you're not you probably have more/better on the go options than you realize. grocery stores are great like jodi said (especially now that they sell tuna in those foil packets). but 7-Elevens (if they have them near you) and convenience stores may surprise you if you really look around.

definitely EAT up.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
    If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- 14th Dalai Lama

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Never skip a meal !

Remember that minimizing serum cortisol levels is 2nd best to increasing anabolic activity...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Hungry for SIZE

Rep Points

whey+ground oats+ efa

Bearded Attacker

Rep Points

Originally posted by Jodi
    Eat the healthiest foods you can get. Never skip a meal, especially bulking.

You can go into any grocery store and find something portable too. I've had to do that many times.
    Hiya Jodi! It's been forever!!!

Working on a new me!

Rep Points

Yeah, I usually just eat anyway.

I have noticed that since I have greatly decreased my fast food visits, when I do eat there, I usually don't feel to good afterwards. Don't know if it is a mental thing or not.

Rep Points

Re: Skip meal or eat junk?

Originally posted by Michael D
    Ok, lets say I am getting close to my eating time and I need to eat. But, I didn't pack any food for this meal and there is a restaurant nearby. Do I eat the relatively healthiest food I can get or just skip the meal.

I am bulking and have low bodyfat so I assume that I should eat, but I don't know for sure.
    Hi Michael. Eat the very best food you can. Do not skip your meals. You need good nutrition around the clock not all at one time. If you can not find something at that restaurant go to another but I would not skip the meal. Eat healthy always.

Try to take something with you that is nutritious for emergencies.

Take Care, John H.

Rep Points

Yeah, I usually just eat anyway.

I have noticed that since I have greatly decreased my fast food visits, when I do eat there, I usually don't feel to good afterwards. Don't know if it is a mental thing or not.
    Hi Michael. Good nutritious food is like quality fuel in a vehicle - you "run better" - MUCH better! AND it is better for you too. Why put garbage into your system and cheat yourself and risk your health.

Take Care, John H.

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

You can always let that one meal at a fast food place be your "cheat meal"

Working on a new me!

Rep Points

Well, I use to go about 2-3 per week. But since I started working out, I have decreased that to about 1 time every 2 weeks or so. I go to Subway but I consider them relatively healthy for fast food so I don't count the times I go there.

I usually get the subs with 6g of fat or less

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

That's awesome...how many cals/g. of protein are you taking in? Are you using any supplements to gain weight?

INK NOT MINK
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I wouldn't skip a meal.. eating junk I would go with the protein bar if it's allowed

Working on a new me!

Rep Points

I try to get about 2 times my body weight in protein a day.

I am thankful though that it is hard for me to gain. If I had a slow metabolism I would be fat. I love to eat. I see why America is so fat now. Things I use to think were healthy are just as bad as the next thing.

I use to think those oatmeal or breakfast bars were pretty healthy but they are loaded with sugars. It seems nothing that tastes good is good for you.

INK NOT MINK
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

oats and egg whites w. berries are good tastes great and they good for you

Rep Points

Originally posted by Freeman
    Hiya Jodi! It's been forever!!!
    Hey - Where the hell you been?

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Bearded Attacker

Rep Points

Originally posted by Jodi
    Hey - Where the hell you been?
    I've been around. I just haven't had too much time to check out the boards lately and post. I do occasionally though. School and my band have been keeping me busy. How have you been?

Working on a new me!

Rep Points

Originally posted by sara
    oats and egg whites w. berries are good tastes great and they good for you
    Is that mixed together? How do you prepare it?

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Why does it have to be either one of them? carry a protein shaker bottle with you at all times with premeasured protein powder and a fruit or nuts/almonds/fish oil tabs

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by jaim91
    You can always let that one meal at a fast food place be your "cheat meal"
    I dont mean to sound negavtive or anything but for me this was just an excuse to eat what I really wanted. Your mind works quick and if you dont have healthy food with you at all times your mind goes into this (fuck it, its only one cheese burger it wont hurt me to bad) I do get stuck into theese situatons sometimes and it makes you feel really bad after you do suck down that burger. Have you ever noticed that when you do have a cheat meal like that, you find yourself in front of the mirror the same day seeing if anything has changed because of the not so good meal you ate LOL.
    He who speaks least, think's most.

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

Do I eat the relatively healthiest food I can get or just skip the meal
    Eat

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

Michael D - I can give you a kick ass recipe for protein pancakes using oatmeal, eggwhites, and cinnamon. Tell me if you want it. Are you working out enough to gain? Or are you only focusing on nutrition?

Working on a new me!

Rep Points

Yeah Jaim91, send the recipe. Sounds good.

I am lifting too. I am really not focusing on my diet to the extent of a lot of people here. I don't know how many calories I am eating per day but I try to get the right amount of protein at least. And I try to not eat the foods I use to. I have put on a little fat since high school which is what prompted me to start working out in the first place.