• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Figure or bodybuilding?

IML Gear Cream!
find a high school football field....they have them already marked.;)

Nina - if you're on a basketball court, it would be to the foul line and back..centre and back, other foul line and back, other baseline and back.

Akateros - SOOOOO HELPFUL! I appreciate all the research you did. Unfortunately, I found out about the workshop too late (and it's $75 for three house), so I can't go. But I'm going to go to all the seminars they hold at the FAME EXPO. I hope to see some of you there!

Does it count if somebody is good looking for figure competion or the judge just look to the women from the neck down ?

Thanks! There is a high school right across the street from my gym, so I can use their field. Hopefully, these will lean down my legs!!

Uhh- one more stupid question, which line is the foul line in a basketball court?

lol, it's the black one about 5 feet long. It makes kind of a box surounding the basket

Thanks! I will try it- there are indoor courts at my gym, so I don't even have to go across the street to the high school!!:D

Also, burpees are really good to lean out your legs...and of course, the standars squats, lunges, sprints, etc.

UHHH- another stupid question- what are burpees? I already do squats, lunges and leg press.

ALso- I have seen before about running bleechers, but do you run every step? It has been a LONG time since I have been in some bleechers!!

IML Gear Cream!
Where are those new pics Nina? I'm doing figure in October (NPC Heart of Texas) and I'm gathering ALL the information humanly possible

I go every other one...A burpee...hmm...it's when you get in push up position, with you legs out kick them back in so you're in a squat...then jump up and reach your hands up as far as you can...then get back down in push up position and repeat...

Fitgirl - what are your stats? Are you ripped? There's been an ongoing discussion on this thread about whether they're looking for cuts in figure girls...

Myself I think they are looking for a girl that has more cuts. They aren't looking for the bikini model type girls at all.

But not a sinewy, thin, bodybuilder girl, right?

New pics will be posted after I take them on Tuesday. (Patience Danielson!) I will have to check out the bleechers and see if they have a rail- I have this vision of me slipping and knocking out my front teeth or something horrible like that!! And thanks for the info on the burpees.

Hey good luck nina...you'd be surprised how much your lower body leans up and sometimes doesn't show until the last 2 wks...I compete ( figure) and judge here in Australia for the ANB (Australasian Natural B/B ) my legs come up last last lucky last !!!!

Originally posted by jaim91
But not a sinewy, thin, bodybuilder girl, right?

are you sure you understand the difference between thin and lean? bodybuilders should not be "thin". it isn't all about being ripped - you have to have the goods (muscle!) AND be lean to display them properly (applies to figure and fitness too)

Ahhh...(more or less) understood...but doesn't being ripped imply you have lots of the "goods"? I would love to compete, but don't know whether I'm thin or lean? What it the difference aesthetically speaking?

muscle development is the difference. you can diet down and be incredibly ripped but you won't place well if you don't have the muscle development. first you build it...then you diet to reveal your hard work in the gym. so to answer your question...you can be ripped and not have the "goods"

hopefully that helps a little

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by jaim91
Ahhh...(more or less) understood...but doesn't being ripped imply you have lots of the "goods"? I would love to compete, but don't know whether I'm thin or lean? What it the difference aesthetically speaking?
Have you ever heard the term...skinny fat people? people that are skinny and have no muscle. You don't want to compete being a skinny fat person. Sometimes a skinny fat person can be very lean but you do not see any muscle tone or defination.

For another example of "ripped" without bulk, look at ballet dancers. They are not "skinny fat" by any means, yet they also strive NOT to build mass. Most ballet dancers are very, very lean, and you can see the muscle clearly -- but it tends to be long and sinewy, rather than bulky and defined as one would want in a bodybuilder.

Originally posted by Akateros
For another example of "ripped" without bulk, look at ballet dancers. They are not "skinny fat" by any means, yet they also strive NOT to build mass. Most ballet dancers are very, very lean, and you can see the muscle clearly -- but it tends to be long and sinewy, rather than bulky and defined as one would want in a bodybuilder.
To me ballet dancers are far from being skinny fat people.

agreed. but I don't think skinny fat people really explains how you can be "ripped" but devoid of necessary muscle to do well in figure or bodybuilding. (since they're not ripped or even lean - just small)

ballet dancers and some marathon runners illustrate that idea well. they are ripped - sinewy and defined but lacking the muscle development you'd need to do well in figure and bodybuilding.

Originally posted by JLB001
To me ballet dancers are far from being skinny fat people.
Er, that's what I said. "Not skinny fat by any means." :grin: That was my counter-example. NOT skinny-fat, but not bodybuilder material, either, despite being undeniably "ripped." And having obscenely low bodyfat percentages.

I'm brain dead today. Sorry. Too much sugarrrrrrrrrr. :D

So I want to build mass/gain weight, then work out to make a lot of muscle, then diet down so people can see my muscle. I wouldn't consider myself skinny fat (10% bf)...but I don't really know what I look like (image disorder of some kind...). And I certainly DON'T want to look like a ballet dancer.

Ballet dancers have very graceful beautiful bodies!

I think we all have some sort of distorted image of ourselves. We are always our own worst critics.

i would think you want to build some muscle on your frame and gain as little fat as possible in the process. you'll still need to diet before stepping on stage but it won't be as hard or last as long (the precontest diet)

now....i've never seen a picture of you of course but your stats (5' 7" 115lbs) combined with your age makes me think you do need to add muscle to your frame before stepping on stage.

and don't worry - at 10-11% bodyfat you definitely aren't the "skinny fat" type. you just need to build some muscle. :D

Originally posted by Nina
ALso- I have seen before about running bleechers, but do you run every step? It has been a LONG time since I have been in some bleechers!!

Yes every step.

p.s. They're called stadiums

Back