Divine Nutrition

Diagnosed my Injury.

Rep Points

Diagnosed my Injury.

I found out what the problem with my shoulder was. Actually, i dont know whats causing it, but i finally found out WHERE in the shoulder i am injured.

I was doing those band exercises that were recommeded by my physical therapist. The band exercises helped my posterior deltoids and back a lot! Ive already seen joint strength and general strength in those areas increase. When i did the band exercises designed to strengthen my LATERAL deltoids, they were fine until about 2 hours later, when they hurt. (there wasnt any sharp pain at all, more of a pain like when u get a bruise.) I also felt weakness. This was just after a simple band exercise! Im happy, nonetheless, because ive found out where i am hurting. I was planning on goin back lifting every muscle except shoulders next week after about 2 months of rest. SHoiuld i wait till i can lift with my shoulders before i start again or should i just improve my other areass? Im afraid that with even doing just DB flat, DB incline, and DB decline bench, that i might still hurt my shoulder.
    Good, bad, im the guy with the gun-Army of Darkness

Weight:147 pounds
    DB Incline Press: Repping 70 lbs in each hand.
    Standing curls: Repping 60 lbs
    (thats all i remember for now!)

Fighting Endometriosis

Rep Points

Bands are excellant in my book.

Don't hit the weights until you've fully recovered in all aspects

I like this site and have recommended to a few people here.

www.jumpstretch.com
    Don't hate the player, hate the game!http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/...the%20wave.GIF
    Before you talk about what you want - appreciate what you have.

http://home.earthlink.net/~gwcaton/s...ctures/tmf.jpg
    A good marriage would be between a blind wife and a deaf husband. -Honore de Balzac
    Desire+Consistency='s RESULTS

Rep Points

Re: Diagnosed my Injury.

Originally posted by Brak86
    I found out what the problem with my shoulder was. Actually, i dont know whats causing it, but i finally found out WHERE in the shoulder i am injured.

I was doing those band exercises that were recommeded by my physical therapist. The band exercises helped my posterior deltoids and back a lot! Ive already seen joint strength and general strength in those areas increase. When i did the band exercises designed to strengthen my LATERAL deltoids, they were fine until about 2 hours later, when they hurt. (there wasnt any sharp pain at all, more of a pain like when u get a bruise.) I also felt weakness. This was just after a simple band exercise! Im happy, nonetheless, because ive found out where i am hurting. I was planning on goin back lifting every muscle except shoulders next week after about 2 months of rest. SHoiuld i wait till i can lift with my shoulders before i start again or should i just improve my other areass? Im afraid that with even doing just DB flat, DB incline, and DB decline bench, that i might still hurt my shoulder.
    Sounds like Rotator cuff to me.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

addicted to the crack

Rep Points

I agree with jodie...rotator cuff or muscle imbalance causing impingement...this is common in weight lifters who don't do much rotator cuff work.

as i think i explained once before the muscles that elevate the humerus become very strong and the depressors (rotator cuff) can't balance it out and you "squeeze" things that should'nt be squeezed (do you like that medical jargon...just dont feel like going into it again right now...sorry)

keep doing the band work for the rotator cuff and my bet is you'll be back to better-than-new in no time!
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us.