• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Diagnosed my Injury.

Brak86

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I found out what the problem with my shoulder was. Actually, i dont know whats causing it, but i finally found out WHERE in the shoulder i am injured.

I was doing those band exercises that were recommeded by my physical therapist. The band exercises helped my posterior deltoids and back a lot! Ive already seen joint strength and general strength in those areas increase. When i did the band exercises designed to strengthen my LATERAL deltoids, they were fine until about 2 hours later, when they hurt. (there wasnt any sharp pain at all, more of a pain like when u get a bruise.) I also felt weakness. This was just after a simple band exercise! Im happy, nonetheless, because ive found out where i am hurting. I was planning on goin back lifting every muscle except shoulders next week after about 2 months of rest. SHoiuld i wait till i can lift with my shoulders before i start again or should i just improve my other areass? Im afraid that with even doing just DB flat, DB incline, and DB decline bench, that i might still hurt my shoulder.

Bands are excellant in my book.

Don't hit the weights until you've fully recovered in all aspects;)

I like this site and have recommended to a few people here.

www.jumpstretch.com

Originally posted by Brak86
I found out what the problem with my shoulder was. Actually, i dont know whats causing it, but i finally found out WHERE in the shoulder i am injured.

I was doing those band exercises that were recommeded by my physical therapist. The band exercises helped my posterior deltoids and back a lot! Ive already seen joint strength and general strength in those areas increase. When i did the band exercises designed to strengthen my LATERAL deltoids, they were fine until about 2 hours later, when they hurt. (there wasnt any sharp pain at all, more of a pain like when u get a bruise.) I also felt weakness. This was just after a simple band exercise! Im happy, nonetheless, because ive found out where i am hurting. I was planning on goin back lifting every muscle except shoulders next week after about 2 months of rest. SHoiuld i wait till i can lift with my shoulders before i start again or should i just improve my other areass? Im afraid that with even doing just DB flat, DB incline, and DB decline bench, that i might still hurt my shoulder.
Sounds like Rotator cuff to me.

I agree with jodie...rotator cuff or muscle imbalance causing impingement...this is common in weight lifters who don't do much rotator cuff work.

as i think i explained once before the muscles that elevate the humerus become very strong and the depressors (rotator cuff) can't balance it out and you "squeeze" things that should'nt be squeezed (do you like that medical jargon...just dont feel like going into it again right now...sorry)

keep doing the band work for the rotator cuff and my bet is you'll be back to better-than-new in no time!

Back