• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

Dr Phil

greekblondechic

I'm special :)
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was just watching Dr Phil and while I didn't see the beginning I saw the middle and end of a segment on a girl addicted to ephedrine who he said was on the verge of death and had to go into rehab etc etc. I am not sure if she was on other drugs, I know alcohol was involved, but they labeled her as an ephedrine addict..

To me it just seemed a little far-stretched, anybody have any opinions? Anybody see the beginning, maybe I missed something?

Uh oh...I'm about to get flamed here Im sure, but I DEFINITELY think this is possible. Ephedra has been compared to amphetamines in many studies. I was on it (Dymetadrine Extreme) for 6-8 months and coming off it was HELL. I think actually becoming "addicted" to it would depend on the users personality. Some have addictive personalities and get hooked easier than others. Upping your caffeine intake when you go off seems to help a lot of people.

The problem is that eventually your body builds up a tolerance to epherdine, so I don't necessarily think you can become addicted. I suppose if that happens you could take more, but I would have a hard time seeing someone take in 100mg of ephedrine in one shot.

I know it's just semantics, but Ephedrine has been banned for many years, she must have been referring to ephedra.

You can get addicted to everything, most of it is a problem with your mind.

If you go through withdrawals when you go off it, wouldnt that indicate that you have some form of dependance though? I felt like ASS when I stopped using it.

Originally posted by Var
If you go through withdrawals when you go off it, wouldnt that indicate that you have some form of dependance though? I felt like ASS when I stopped using it.

I don't know how it goes to be honest. You definitely feel like ass when you come off, but how can you be addicted to something that eventually has no effect. I bet if I saw the show it would help.

EDIT: I look at it this way. I am addicted to masturbation. If I no longer got the feeling at the end, I would stop. Luckily for me that doesn't happen.

I guess if you take it to avoid the withdrawal symptoms then that is the same as addiction. :shrug:

I was mentally addicted to Thermadrene for a year, I felt like I couldn't function at the top of my game without it.

Originally posted by Dale Mabry
I don't know how it goes to be honest. You definitely feel like ass when you come off, but how can you be addicted to something that eventually has no effect. I bet if I saw the show it would help.

EDIT: I look at it this way. I amddicted to masturbation. If I no longer got the feeling at the end, I would stop. Luckily for me that doesn't happen.

Being a chronic masturbator myself, I can see some flaws in your example. :D When you stop ephedra, its still effecting you, even if you arent getting an energy boost. When you stop taking it, you feel very lethargic, get headaches, etc... This is all anectodal info on my part, but it seems like a dependence to me. I could be wrong. :shrug:

EDIT: I didnt see the show either. Just trying to avoid going back to work. :)

Ephedrine is banned? I bought some at CVS.. am I a criminal ;)

CVS pulled all ephedra months ago. I know ephedrine hcl is still going to be legal, but I didnt think cvs carried it. Are you sure it was CVS?

Ah...asthma meds. Is this what you've been using for your EC stack???

this is nonsense, they are just trying to dramatise up the supp since everyone has made it the evil flavor of the month. Addicted to ephedrine, Please........ please..... thats nonsense. First of all, addiction means that your use of the substance continues despite facing serious consequences. I have been using ephedra for almost three years, almost nonstop, for my WOs and am I dependent, probably, but ephedrine is not going to be the reason for someone entering outpatient or ruining their life. I guarantee there was other substance abuse before, and there will be after. The ephedrine was just drop in the pond so to speak. I can speak from personal experience when I say that have used more of the shit than probably anyone here, and as much of the supp as I have gone through, it has never posed a problem in my life at all, and I know I am an addict in general. this is a bunch of nonsense that someone would be on the verge of DEATH b/c of it, unless there were heart problems to begin with.

I am also heavily dependent on chicken breasts I go through 3 to 4 packs a week.

Originally posted by gr81
this is nonsense, they are just trying to dramatise up the supp since everyone has made it the evil flavor of the month. Addicted to ephedrine, Please........ please..... thats nonsense. First of all, addiction means that your use of the substance continues despite facing serious consequences. I have been using ephedra for almost three years, almost nonstop, for my WOs and am I dependent, probably, but ephedrine is not going to be the reason for someone entering outpatient or ruining their life. I guarantee there was other substance abuse before, and there will be after. The ephedrine was just drop in the pond so to speak. I can speak from personal experience when I say that have used more of the shit than probably anyone here, and as much of the supp as I have gone through, it has never posed a problem in my life at all, and I know I am an addict in general. this is a bunch of nonsense that someone would be on the verge of DEATH b/c of it, unless there were heart problems to begin with.

Ditto. :thumb:

The guaifenesin is a buffering agent and reduces the effect, at leastthat is what my doc told me. I know it is also an expectorant, but I think the reason they require ephedrine products to contain it is because it lessens the effect.

this is nonsense, they are just trying to dramatise up the supp since everyone has made it the evil flavor of the month.

More people die from taking over-the-counter aspirin every year--fact.

When the Baltimore Oriole's pitcher Steve Bechler took atleast 3 instead of the recommended two, and decided to go jogging in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, like a numb-nut, the anti-ephedra media blitz began, and has been raging ever since.

What's the next evil supp. folks?

I never got addicted to ephedrine, that sounds ridiculous to me. Media whores.

Originally posted by Mr_Snafu
More people die from taking over-the-counter aspirin every year--fact.

When the Baltimore Oriole's pitcher Steve Bechler took atleast 3 instead of the recommended two, and decided to go jogging in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, like a numb-nut, the anti-ephedra media blitz began, and has been raging ever since.

What's the next evil supp. folks?

not sure what your point is but I hope you know that Mr Bechler has had a history of heat stroke, first off. In fact he had a priot incident at a spring training earlier in his career. So underlying heart problems, intense heat and dehydration, then yeah ephedrine could be dangerous. I am aware that people die from over the counter products each year, and ephedrine is NOT on the top of that list, where as you could go in any medicine cabinet in an average household and you would find many products that indeed are on that list, much higher up than this supp I might add. We need to prioritize! Why is it that we don't go after these products?? oh thats right, they are big money makers, I see. So its ok for us to have some drugs, but not others and the basis for this decision of course has nothing to do with health and safety but instead what is more profitable and what can be stigmatized. Fucc this god damm country, things are hopeless. I hope you all can see that!!!

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by gr81 Fucc this god damm country, things are hopeless. I hope you all can see that!!!

America has devolved into one big turd.

Many, many reasons why.

When I say this, pseudo-patriots call me names.

f*ck Amerika....not the people, not the culture, just the Amerikan government and powerful corporate interests, PACs, and bureaucrats.

Snaffie, last I recall you're from Canada. I take exception to you talking smack about my country. Its often the case that people love to bitch and complain, but they dont offer any solutions.

Oh, and being that the US is a Democracy, you cannot point your finger at the government without pointing that same finger at many of the people.

If you're not from Canada my bad, but if you are, lay off... we're not going aroung smashing your country.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Eggs
Snaffie, last I recall you're from Canada. I take exception to you talking smack about my country. Its often the case that people love to bitch and complain, but they dont offer any solutions.

Oh, and being that the US is a Democracy, you cannot point your finger at the government without pointing that same finger at many of the people.

If you're not from Canada my bad, but if you are, lay off... we're not going aroung smashing your country.

I think we go after Canada quite a bit, at least I do.

Why is it that we don't go after these products?? oh thats right, they are big money makers, I see. So its ok for us to have some drugs, but not others and the basis for this decision of course has nothing to do with health and safety but instead what is more profitable and what can be stigmatized. Fucc this god damm country, things are hopeless. I hope you all can see that!!!

Things are NEVER hopeless man, but you hit the nail on the head in this quote.

Not to that degree Dale.

And I'd rather be one big turd than one big pussy. :D (MM sould have fun with this one too).

If anybody goes after Canada Dale its just teasing them. I havent seen too many people say *uck Canada, etc. Last I checked most slams against Canada were by Canadians (and usually in regards to customs or government :p ). Plus, you dont count, you're strange :cheeky:

Originally posted by Eggs
If anybody goes after Canada Dale its just teasing them.

Yep, they are okay in my book. Now that last PM...that's another story. But even Canada is entitled to a whack job every now and then too. lol

SIDEBAR !!!

Rule #1 Dr. Phil is NOT a real doctor !

Rule #2 You have to sign disclaimers before appearing on the show recognizing the fact that he does not give actual medical advice and that the show is intended to be for entertainment purposes only.

Rule #3 Dont watch him, he is a fake, refer to Rules 1 & 2.

Rule #4 If you like watching fake head doctors, watch Frasier, it has high class and nuanced humor (entertainment) without the trailer trash. Anyone who thinks otherwise, refer to Rule #5.

Rule #5 Your IQ has dimished to the point of not being able to comprehend what i just wrote, you sense or reality and entertainment television have merged, refer to Rule #6

Rule #6 Watch Dr. Phil for advice on raising your IQ.

Thank you Ralph Nader...not back to the post. lol;)

Originally posted by BUSTINOUT
Thank you Ralph Nader...not back to the post. lol;)

looks like Mr. Nader is going to piss in the Democratic pond this year again..

Back