IronMagLabs

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Transporting Creatine..

Rep Points

Transporting Creatine..

I take my creatine with warm water and glutamine powder.Once a day maintenance,twice a day on workouts.Any ideas how i could add a transport such as table sugar or honey?I heard the acid in grape juice does more harm than good?

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Dextrose is the best. It is basically sugar, but much cheaper. Check www.bulknutrition.com

Acid in grape juice do more harm than good? LOL Think about it... Your stomach contains HCL(hydrachloric acid) and that can eat through iron. The acid in grapejuice is not going to harm a thing.

If you dont want to buy dextrose, I recommend using grape juice(concord) and ALA(alpha lipoic acid). You can also fint that at bulk nutrition
    P-side Inc.

"the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

Rep Points

You could also add creatine to your post workout carb-protein shake (start drinking one if you don't already). You'll get the insulin spike you need and optimize creatine uptake at the same time.

Other days just add it to your protein or meal replacement shake.
    Curt

Physicallyelite Training and Nutrition Newsletter
    http://www.physicallyelite.com/newsletter.cfm

Rep Points

Just had the same conversation with a customer today,
    passed him on to this q&a by ast.

Q: I just started taking creatine and I have been mixing this with my post workout protein shake. A friend told me I should be taking the creatine with grape juice. The creatine I have (admittedly not your product) only states to mix with a cold beverage. I am looking for a little insight on how to properly take this supplement.

A: I find it interesting that many people who purchase products from other companies end up coming to us for knowledge on how to use their nutritional supplements correctly. Why don't these other companies provide the technical support to help the customers who support them? I think this is something consumers need to consider when purchasing sports supplements.

To load creatine into muscle, grape juice works pretty well, so does adding creatine to a liquid protein and carbohydrate meal like Ny-Tro PRO-40.

However, the research we completed last year at Victoria University demonstrated that the Creatine HSC formulation is a superior creatine supplement. In fact, the bodybuilders that used Creatine HSC made an average gain of 8.1-pounds (3.7-kilograms) of pure muscle compared to a 1.3-pound (0.6-kilogram) gain produced in the placebo group.

An 8-ounce serving of grape juice contains approx. 35-grams of carbohydrates (sugars). That's about the same amount that is in one serving of Creatine HSC. However, the type of carbohydrates in each of these beverages is different. Like must fruit juices, about half of the total carbohydrate content in grape juice is fructose. Fructose produces a very slow, minimal effect on blood insulin response. This is precisely the opposite of what you want when trying to optimize creatine transport.

Paul Delia actually did a blood glucose test a while back that showed Creatine HSC is over 40% better at increasing blood glucose levels than grape juice.

In terms of a cost comparison, the average price for an 8-ounce serving of grape juice is anywhere between $0.60-$1.10. Now if you add that to the cost of a 5-gram serving of micronized creatine, 1000-miligrams of taurine, and an electrolyte spectrum complete with b-group vitamins, and compare that to one serving of Creatine HSC. You'll find that Creatine HSC is much less expensive. It's also more convenient and in my opinion, is much more refreshing after a tough workout!

I don't think you can go wrong with Creatine HSC. It's shown to be highly effective in clinical research; it's also very convenient and economical. The only thing you could do to enhance the anabolic effect of Creatine HSC would be to add one serving of VP2 Whey Isolate and consume this combination before and immediately after your training.
    http://ast-ss.com/dev/qa_search/full_text.asp?ID=1620
    If you are turning to the bodybuilding magazines for truthful advice of supplements, you're being ripped from both ends. You’re being lied to from ads that are disguised as articles and you are getting lied to from the ads themselves.
    http://www.openukonline.co.uk

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I like rice cakes for my insulin spike post workout.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Rep Points

I seem to remember that rice cakes have a very high gi rating of 80. just for info.
    If you are turning to the bodybuilding magazines for truthful advice of supplements, you're being ripped from both ends. You’re being lied to from ads that are disguised as articles and you are getting lied to from the ads themselves.

Rep Points

What do you guys think of Cell Tech? After about a week of taking Cell Tech, I started making noticeable gains, and after about a total of 3 weeks I put on about 15 lbs. and made tremendous gains in strength. I like to think it was Cell Tech that did it, since I changed nothing from before I started taking it, nor during. It's got 75 gms. of sugars per serving..I think it's dextrose.. I just wondered if I'd be just as well off buying creatine powder and mixing it with some juice? Cell Tech isn't outrageously expensive I suppose, but if I can save a buck without losing quality I'm for it.

OMGWTFBBQ

Rep Points

Originally posted by Leadhead
    What do you guys think of Cell Tech? After about a week of taking Cell Tech, I started making noticeable gains, and after about a total of 3 weeks I put on about 15 lbs. and made tremendous gains in strength. I like to think it was Cell Tech that did it, since I changed nothing from before I started taking it, nor during. It's got 75 gms. of sugars per serving..I think it's dextrose.. I just wondered if I'd be just as well off buying creatine powder and mixing it with some juice? Cell Tech isn't outrageously expensive I suppose, but if I can save a buck without losing quality I'm for it.
    Celltech is fine if youve got money to burn. If youre lookin to save a buck, just buy plain creatine monohydrate and some dextrose. Mix em up, and youve made your own celltech for half the price.

Rep Points

must agree celltech is expensive, try to find dymetize powertech more servings, less calories, less carbohydrates, less sugars they also include l-glutamine and also 30 x ala caps seperate in tub rather than mixed in tub in powder form as in celltech.
    Dymatize powertech:
    Calories 200
    Total Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 g
    Sodium 0 g
    Total Carbohydrates 50 g
    - Dietary Fiber 0 g
    - Sugars 36 g
    Protein 0 g

Vitamin C 500 mg
    Vitamin B6 4.5 mg
    Zinc 12.2 mg
    Magnesium 183 mg
    Creatine Monohydrate 10 g
    Lysophosphatidylcholine 200 mg
    Phosphorous 200 mg
    Potassium 200 mg
    L-Glutamine 3 g
    Taurine 2 g
    MCT Oil 400 mg
    Phytic Acid

Rep Points

Originally posted by PreMier
    Dextrose is the best. It is basically sugar, but much cheaper. Check www.bulknutrition.com

Acid in grape juice do more harm than good? LOL Think about it... Your stomach contains HCL(hydrachloric acid) and that can eat through iron. The acid in grapejuice is not going to harm a thing.

If you dont want to buy dextrose, I recommend using grape juice(concord) and ALA(alpha lipoic acid). You can also fint that at bulk nutrition

what he just said...I ditto it.

6 months

Rep Points

take your creatine with 100% concord grape juice, or gatorade.
    think about using phosphates too if you have sum extra money.
    only plants grow naturaly

Rep Points

I use APPLE JUICE in the morning/afternoon right before my whey/glutamine shake

i tired mixing it with tasteless maltodextrin but tastes of nothing, infact its pretty rank and never mixes great on its own

peace

Rep Points

an intresting study?

"about half of the total carbohydrate content in grape juice is fructose. Fructose produces a very slow, minimal effect on blood insulin response. This is precisely the opposite of what you want when trying to optimize creatine transport."

To load creatine into muscle, grape juice works pretty well, so does adding creatine to a liquid protein and carbohydrate meal like Ny-Tro PRO-40.

However, the research we completed last year at Victoria University demonstrated that the Creatine HSC formulation is a superior creatine supplement. In fact, the bodybuilders that used Creatine HSC made an average gain of 8.1-pounds (3.7-kilograms) of pure muscle compared to a 1.3-pound (0.6-kilogram) gain produced in the placebo group.

An 8-ounce serving of grape juice contains approx. 35-grams of carbohydrates (sugars). That's about the same amount that is in one serving of Creatine HSC. However, the type of carbohydrates in each of these beverages is different. Like must fruit juices, about half of the total carbohydrate content in grape juice is fructose. Fructose produces a very slow, minimal effect on blood insulin response. This is precisely the opposite of what you want when trying to optimize creatine transport.

Paul Delia actually did a blood glucose test a while back that showed Creatine HSC is over 40% better at increasing blood glucose levels than grape juice.

In terms of a cost comparison, the average price for an 8-ounce serving of grape juice is anywhere between $0.60-$1.10. Now if you add that to the cost of a 5-gram serving of micronized creatine, 1000-miligrams of taurine, and an electrolyte spectrum complete with b-group vitamins, and compare that to one serving of Creatine HSC. You'll find that Creatine HSC is much less expensive. It's also more convenient and in my opinion, is much more refreshing after a tough workout!

I don't think you can go wrong with Creatine HSC. It's shown to be highly effective in clinical research; it's also very convenient and economical. The only thing you could do to enhance the anabolic effect of Creatine HSC would be to add one serving of VP2 Whey Isolate and consume this combination before and immediately after your training.

Rep Points

Originally posted by ah1
    an intresting study?

"about half of the total carbohydrate content in grape juice is fructose. Fructose produces a very slow, minimal effect on blood insulin response. This is precisely the opposite of what you want when trying to optimize creatine transport."
    so your saying grape/apple juice is shit for transporting creatine??

Rep Points

No it's better than water but there are better things available.
    The ideal carb source for pre and post-training is d-glucose (eg AST DGC). D-glucose requires no digestion and goes directly into the blood stream. This gives the optimal rapid elevation in blood sugar that you seek to replenish glycogen stores and facilitate greater nutrient uptake. The end result is how much you are happy to spend in getting the best gains. Many of my customers just use AST HSC with the D glucose built in.

Rep Points

All this information has been helpful,but instead of buying more products from a health store i would prefer home products such as regular granulated sugar.House sugar is the same as store bought dextrose isnt it?I mix my glutamine and creatine with a tablespoon of granular sugar in warm water,This is efficient or does store bought dextrose make more of a difference?Also,please specify on the "D-Glucose" What foods are a D-Glucose?

Rep Points

Also, i do add a capsule of lipoic acid with my creatine/glutamine.I just began the lipoic acid from the advice i recievied here.I chose the lipoic over just vanadryl.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Originally posted by jibbajam
    Also, i do add a capsule of lipoic acid with my creatine/glutamine.I just began the lipoic acid from the advice i recievied here.I chose the lipoic over just vanadryl.
    get some r-ALA from 1Fast400.com it is way more effective than ALA...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Rep Points

Originally posted by jibbajam
    House sugar is the same as store bought dextrose isnt it?I mix my glutamine and creatine with a tablespoon of granular sugar in warm water,This is efficient or does store bought dextrose make more of a difference?Also,please specify on the "D-Glucose" What foods are a D-Glucose?
    When sucrose is hydrolyzed/inverted, D-glucose and D-fructose are formed.

DGC is made using pure dextrorotatory glucose crystals, a new high-glycemic, fast acting carbohydrate designed to provide needed fuel for short and long term muscular performance.

DGC = Pure Dextrorotatory glucose crystals.

Sugar isn't a bad idea, but the research shows that glucose-based supplements enhance recovery much better particularly when taken immediately after training. Glucose enters the blood stream faster and produces a more rapid, significant insulin spike than sugar. Glucose is also shown to produce more effective glycogen accumulation (synthesis) within muscle when consumed after training.

Rep Points

p.s. DGC (Dextrorotatory Glucose Crystals) is a unique glucose crystal that supplies an unmatched fuel source for fast and efficient muscle energy. DGC requires no digestion prior to absorption into the bloodstream. This means an ultra-fast fuel supply for supporting quick and sustained muscle energy requirements and mental function.

Glucose fuels muscle action. Muscle gets the glucose it requires for energy from what is circulating in your bloodstream. There are only about 6 grams of circulating glucose. This lasts approximately 15 minutes. Once depleted, glucose is then supplied from storage in the liver.

Rep Points

Originally posted by LAM
    get some r-ALA from 1Fast400.com it is way more effective than ALA...
    ???

is there that much difference between the two?

i've got a big tub of ALA caps that i'm about to start on

Rep Points

holly shit AH1,...my head just exploded!!I guess i did ask didnt i?Thanks

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Originally posted by young d
    ???

is there that much difference between the two?

i've got a big tub of ALA caps that i'm about to start on
    you can surely use ALA as it is not as effective as r-ALA. r-ALA is more effective at increasing GLUT4 transporters...
    Last edited by LAM; 04-23-2004 at 10:06 AM.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.