• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Is Boost good?

Originally posted by pinkinthemiddle
Would Boost be good to use while trying to get lean? And if so which one do I use?

Boost

Anyone? I'm heading into town and I'd like to pick something up. Something that will give me the vitamins I need if I miss a meal/don't have the proper foods in the house. And will help me get lean.

you look pretty young, and by looking at your pic you do not even seem overweight.

you need to focus on proper diet/nutrition and working-out, not a supplement.

why don't you post your current diet in the diet/nutrition forum.

Would Boost be good to use while trying to get lean? And if so which one do I use?

Boost

products like Boost and Slim Fast are pure junk. they are nothing but sugar water with a little protein thrown in.

you would do much better by getting some protein powder if you need a quick and convienient source of protein...

exactly, do what LAM said. if you do choose a supp go with some egg shake/cassein for normal purposes, and whey pre/during/post w.o.

topolo maybe you can ask prince to set up a dating forum?

I totally agree. those Slim Fast and Boost drinks arent that great for you-high in sugars, lagging in proteins, etc.

I would concentrate on a healthy diet and if need be get some whey protein(blend of slower digesting) and fish oil caps.. along with a peice of fruit or something that works.
or just preparing foods in advance solves that problem! :)

Originally posted by Prince
you look pretty young, and by looking at your pic you do not even seem overweight.

you need to focus on proper diet/nutrition and working-out, not a supplement.

why don't you post your current diet in the diet/nutrition forum.

I'm 24, 5'3 @ 115lbs. Don't know if thats good or bad. But I've had three kids ages 5,4 and 3. I have a little fat that I'd like to lose, maybe 7-10 lbs. I know I don't eat right, and I know I NEED too. I basically eat what I want when I want. I miss meals all the time. I binge eat I guess you could say. Somedays I hardly eat and other days I don't stop but I don't gain any weight. The weight I want to lose is loose skin in the lower stomach area.

I thought taking Boost when I miss a meal would be good for me. It gives me all the nutrients I need and when I don't eat I'm missing those...right? I know what I should eat..to a point. Like junk food isn't good,no pop etc.. and non fat foods,salads w/no dressing etc is good. But thats about all I know. I know I should know these things..thats why I'm here asking all you intelligent ppl :D lol ;)

But am I wrong about taking Boost when I miss a meal?

I'm 24, 5'3 @ 115lbs. Don't know if thats good or bad. But I've had three kids ages 5,4 and 3. I have a little fat that I'd like to lose, maybe 7-10 lbs. I know I don't eat right, and I know I NEED too. I basically eat what I want when I want. I miss meals all the time. I binge eat I guess you could say. Somedays I hardly eat and other days I don't stop but I don't gain any weight. The weight I want to lose is loose skin in the lower stomach area.

I thought taking Boost when I miss a meal would be good for me. It gives me all the nutrients I need and when I don't eat I'm missing those...right? I know what I should eat..to a point. Like junk food isn't good,no pop etc.. and non fat foods,salads w/no dressing etc is good. But thats about all I know. I know I should know these things..thats why I'm here asking all you intelligent ppl :D lol ;)

But am I wrong about taking Boost when I miss a meal?

you could use the Boost drink in an emergency, but it's not something that you would want to use on a regular basis. there are much better things to eat. are you a full-time homemaker ?

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by atherjen
I totally agree. those Slim Fast and Boost drinks arent that great for you-high in sugars, lagging in proteins, etc.

I would concentrate on a healthy diet and if need be get some whey protein(blend of slower digesting) and fish oil caps.. along with a peice of fruit or something that works.
or just preparing foods in advance solves that problem! :)

Whats whey protein and fish...oil caps..*do I want to know lol*
Yeah I hardly ever prepare my meals in advance...but it sounds like it would work, I'll give it a try :)

Originally posted by LAM
you could use the Boost drink in an emergency, but it's not something that you would want to use on a regular basis. there are much better things to eat. are you a full-time homemaker ?

Yes I'm a full time mother/wife. I work at home with my husband. He works full time and I do sometimes too but I have my two youngest ones at home and my eldest one is at school. But my kids are very picky on what they eat, so its hard for me to get them to eat good food. They see junk on tv and in stores and they want and sometimes I give in as a treat when they have earned it. My 5 year old would eat nothing but peanut butter sandwiches 95% of the time, since he was about a year old.

Then he started school this year and he attends a no peanut school. So he HAD to change his eating habbits. At school he's thought not to bring in chocolate,chips,candy anything with sugar. He actually will hell at me if I tell him it's okay to bring chips to school. He listens to them about what to eat but not me..maybe I should be more strict...? It's hard whn I put something infront of him that I know he won't eat and then he sits there for 30 minutes playing with it. Do I let him go to bed without eating or do I make him something I know he'll eat? Sometimes I give in and other times I stick to my guns..but it's hard.

I know I need to stick to a schedule thats for sure, but it's getting everyone on it and getting it to work and then sticking to it. Then I have my husband who loves to drink pop,coffee,smoke eat mc donalds etc..

I want to get my family to eat healthier but they're so picky! :confused:

Re: Re: Is Boost good?

Originally posted by LAM
products like Boost and Slim Fast are pure junk. they are nothing but sugar water with a little protein thrown in.

you would do much better by getting some protein powder if you need a quick and convienient source of protein...

Can you recommend a good protein powder? I know nothing about this, I would walk into the health store and ask her thousands of questions and end up buying everything lol

Shop for protein at www.bulknutrition.com or www.allthewhey.com

I suggest reading the stickies in the diet, and supplement forums for info, and then ask questions from there :) Is there any thing else?

Originally posted by PreMier
Shop for protein at www.bulknutrition.com or www.allthewhey.com

I suggest reading the stickies in the diet, and supplement forums for info, and then ask questions from there :) Is there any thing else?

I can do that... no ..no more questions for now lol :D Give me a few seconds..I'm sure I can think of something to ask ;)

Re: Re: Re: Is Boost good?

Can you recommend a good protein powder? I know nothing about this, I would walk into the health store and ask her thousands of questions and end up buying everything lol
http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=63

That is my favorite protein powder. Cheap, tastes great and good quality. If you didn't want to order online most supplement stores carry it now too I think. (you'll prob just pay a bit more) I just got Cookies and Cream, not bad :)

Originally posted by HoldDaMayo
could you please explain your name?

:angel2:

Yeah yeah what he said :)

Originally posted by HoldDaMayo
could you please explain your name?

:angel2:

i think i know but i dont wanna say....might be wrong and get yelled at :(

IML Gear Cream!
She likes her steak medium rare you retards! :headbang:

:D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is Boost good?

Originally posted by rock4832
http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=63

That is my favorite protein powder. Cheap, tastes great and good quality. If you didn't want to order online most supplement stores carry it now too I think. (you'll prob just pay a bit more) I just got Cookies and Cream, not bad :)

Thanks I don't have a cc so I can't buy online. But I'm sure I can find it in stores. My mom lives on Herbal Life products and she gave me some products to try out. One of them was a cookies and cream shake and it was sooo good!

I find health food/drinks taste like crap though.

If your picky on taste, Optimum Nutrition makes Pro Complex which tastes EXTREMELY good, espeically if you mixed it with say some frozen yogurt and fruit to make a quick healthy treat.

Originally posted by camarosuper6
If your picky on taste, Optimum Nutrition makes Pro Complex which tastes EXTREMELY good, espeically if you mixed it with say some frozen yogurt and fruit to make a quick healthy treat.

I'll try it thanks :) Does it give you instruction on how much to take for the type of body you want?

She likes her steak medium rare you retards! :headbang:

:D

LOL I do actually. When I was younger I used to eat raw hamburger. I don't know why I ever tried it but once I did I couldn't stop. I didn't eat it all the time and just a little bit but once in a blue moon I would eat this.
:nut:

Originally posted by tomas101
i think i know but i dont wanna say....might be wrong and get yelled at :(

LOL I wouldn't yell at you...yet lol I hardly know ya' ;)

LOL I do actually. When I was younger I used to eat raw hamburger. I don't know why I ever tried it but once I did I couldn't stop. I didn't eat it all the time and just a little bit but once in a blue moon I would eat this.
:nut:

OMG, I used to eat raw burger too. Sprinkle a little garlic salt on it and WHALA!

OMG, I used to eat raw burger too. Sprinkle a little garlic salt on it and WHALA!

ROTFLMAO @ WHALA!
I LOVE this word lol

It's sick though lol. But it was oh so good *licking lips*. I'm tempted everytime I'm alone with raw hamgurger lol. If I'm caught eating it I get smacked in the back of the head LOL

Back