• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Coconut Oil??

usntoothfairy

My family
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Coconut Oil as a "fat-burner & metabolic rate increaser" any info would be appreciated.

I stopped using Coconut Oil after I was on an online chat at Avant. I asked Elzi Volk and Lyle McDonald about it and they bashed it to hell. It was so long ago I don't recall all that they said but in the end they told me to stick with olive oil.

TP was there too, maybe he would recall what was said.

I agree with Jodi on this.

Now for my 2 cents...those websites are not independent...they have an interest in promoting their products.

Studies should be peer reviewed...at this point in time the benefits of MCTs is not conclusive.

Cheers...btw...this is just yet another supplement that is being promoted as beneficial to one's health without sufficient scientific studies/conclusive evidence.

Coconut Oil

Atherjen thank you for the wealth of information on Coconut Oil. My question to u is how much of it do u consume daily and what does your diet consist of. Again thanx for your reply.

Originally posted by Jodi
I stopped using Coconut Oil after I was on an online chat at Avant. I asked Elzi Volk and Lyle McDonald about it and they bashed it to hell. It was so long ago I don't recall all that they said but in the end they told me to stick with olive oil.

TP was there too, maybe he would recall what was said.

One implication that I got from reading UD 2.0 was that the mcts in coconut oil or DAG oil might facilitate the transition into low carbing. I can't recall anything more definite than that.

For people that don't like the idea of using butter, I think there is something to be said for cooking with it due to its stability. I would rather use that than other polyunsaturates or probably even n-9's. At least I would still be consuming the same subtstance intended without chemical alterations from heat etc.

But right now, I too say stick with Olive oil. You flat out can't go wrong there imo. Of all the fats n-9 are what I would feel safest overconsuming.

COCONUT OIL IS GOOD THER STUDY THEY DID was using hydroganated coconut oil
saying it was bad go to the health food store and get the natural coconut oil

We purchase Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, straight clean stuff, no added garbage. Thanx for the reply.

Tomsafari, do u use it?

Again thanx :)

yes i use it also extra virgin olive oil.
when i was in the phillipines on a vacation they used it for frying has chicken fried in coconut oil did some research and coconut oil is getting a bad rap mainly from the other oil products companys
several health newsletters also said coconut was more healthy than corm or cannola oil

Extra virgin olive oil what are its benefits? We started using coconut oil for cooking and it's delicious we want to keep with just one oil I've read it can be used for anything :) My better-half has been displaying Hypothyroid type symptoms and the oil has made strides with overall health :)

Back