• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Healthiest bars

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by sara
would you trust the bar that says low in GI?
I would probably read the label to see what exactly is in the bar and if it isn't anything low GI then odd are its not a low GI bar heh. They ussually put crap on the label just for you to buy it and it is always false. Never trust the add always look to the ingredient list to see what is in it, and even then be skepticle b/c they always "forget" to put everything in there.

ok :)
I think I will go with the Detour bar tomorrow as a cheat meal :)

There is way to much fat in them for me, I use to eat em and I noticed major changes very soon so I stopped. But for a cheat I think you can get away w/ it ;)

I'm getting the small detour bars.. only 4.5 - 5 grams of fat per bar

Try VyoPro by ast, no glycerin, 20 Grams of protein, Only 1 Gram of Sugar and Glutamine Enhanced.

this is part of the info we have instore:
The VyoPro Protein Bars have gone through a major upgrade. Making a great tasting bar that is true to the label is not an easy process. Sure we could follow the trend in bars and load them with glycerin and not list the carbs on the label but that's just not AST.

Have you ever noticed that just about all the protein bars on the market have a very similar taste and texture? No matter what company has their name on them. It's really no surprise because 90% of the protein bars on the market are made by one manufacturer. They are all just clones of one another with maybe a slight change in protein content or vitamins. But all in all they are virtually the same. That's why they all have that same taste to them. That chemical glycerin taste. It's unmistakable.

Well the VyoPro Protein Bar is not made there and it's not made with glycerin. It's completely different and when you read the label you're getting what it says. There's no trickery here.

We stock approx 50 - 60 types of bars instore vyo pro always sells well.

The thing I don't like about the Vyo-Pro bar is that it contains partially hydrogenated soybean oil. I try to avoid that stuff.

Regarding Labrada bars. I didn't mind the taste of them, but I think they all contain partially hydrogenated oil. The protein in the chocolate pb bar is calcium caseinate and hydrolyzed collagen. Not exactly quality IMO.

Guys...the Protein Plus bars from Power Bar are pretty good...ntohing spectacular...but "ok"...much cheaper too and you can get them anywahere. I really enjoy the peanut butter one.

My favorites are the Tri-O-Plex though...now that's a bar...none of that ewwwwy aftertaste.

I agree though...there are better choices...but hell...sometimes you just need something fast and IMO they're better than skipping meals.

Originally posted by Fit Freak
Guys...the Protein Plus bars from Power Bar are pretty good...ntohing spectacular...but "ok"...much cheaper too and you can get them anywahere. I really enjoy the peanut butter one.

My favorites are the Tri-O-Plex though...now that's a bar...none of that ewwwwy aftertaste.

I agree though...there are better choices...but hell...sometimes you just need something fast and IMO they're better than skipping meals.
Did you read the Trioplex had a label claims test done and it wasn't even close to being accurate? They are baaaaaddddd!

When I saw the title to this thread, I thought we were talking about healthy liquor establishments :D.

I kind of like the MetRX ProteinPlus bars, in a pinch of course.

IML Gear Cream!
I carry a box of the mini detour bars in my luggage when I travel since they don't feed your ass on airplanes anymore. Carrying protein powder in a shaker then adding water when served on the plane can be done, but what a PITA!

IMO, when traveling by plane, you end up missing at least 2 meals. Bars are the easiest way to get good nutrition, even if they contain some shit.

Had a mini detour bar today!

mmmmmmmmmmmm lol

yummy.. but very tiny!

Back