• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Where to buy clothes?

timr

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Someone else here must have this problem...

I'm 6'4, 225 pounds. My actual waist size is about a 36 but I have the absolutely most horrible time finding pants that have that waist size and still fit through my thighs.

Are there any brands of pants or shorts that anyone knows of that are cut bigger but still look pretty nice? I know it's sort of a girl question so don't beat me up too hard for asking.

Not a girl question at all. Men where pants too. lol What type are you looking for...casual or dress slacks? Also, how much are you willing to spend?

All types, really. I go for the old "relaxed fit" when I can but even that does not work sometimes. Work is business casual and I am definitely a shorts guy at night and the weekends. Money-wise, I suppose that depends - I spend not so much on shorts ($15-30), more on my work clothes ($30-$50) because it generally makes a difference.

Thanks for the help.

Do you guys have Dillard's out there. I was friggin finally able to find a pant that fits me there. Mostly cotton casual dress. When it comes to dress stacks, I have a mother of a time so many of my dress slacks and some casual are custom. Samuelsohn out of Canada makes killer goods(slacks, suits, coats). But I will tell you, the better fitting cloths that look nice to a not always the cheapest. Have you tried Structure or Abercrombie?

No Dillards that I know of around here. Abercrombie is close by but I have not seen a Structure around here for a while. I may eventually try Lands End - they can design custom pants based on your measurements but I will say that the kids, house and cars don't always allow for lots of spending on clothes. but, as I said, it all pays off in the end if they look nice.

I will check into seeing if Dillards has a website and look there. Otherwise, I may try a big and tall store. They usually don't work either since I could wear normal sizes except for my thighs. It honestly gets to the point where if I concentrate on them more than normal (only once a week) for any length of time, the pants I have don't fit. They've just been very prone to growing quickly.

Thanks again for your suggesitons.

Stay away from Ample Duds and places like that. Their smallest wont even fit you and by the time they take the waist in, the pockets are touching.

VA is the closest dillards to you. They have a web site too. PM me if interested.

I want the george foreman pants with the elastic waist. :D

Hey Dale, do you remember those cool pants we wore in the early 90s? Like the ones Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer wore? :grin:

Oooh, maybe that was a period in time we were all trying to forget... :lol:

Ahem, as to the question at hand I have no advice... I'm just a short guy.

I remember those. i never wore them, but I remember them. Those were great. Very few people in Vermont had them, though.

Ahhh, thats too bad... you should have been in California. All the coolest pimped those things :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
Can't forget the parachute pants either. lol

Uggghhh.........Hammer Pants and Parachute pants. :shake: I hope they never make a comeback and that goes for Spandex too :eek2: Too many people wore those that shouldn't have :twitch:

Check American Eagle. I know I'm a girl but I have muscular quads and have the same issue as well as Atherjen and we both find most of our jeans at American Eagle to fit us the best.

Haha, yeah... we'll know our society is doomed for certain if the Hammer pants are ever back in :D

Originally posted by timr
Someone else here must have this problem...

I'm 6'4, 225 pounds. My actual waist size is about a 36 but I have the absolutely most horrible time finding pants that have that waist size and still fit through my thighs.

Are there any brands of pants or shorts that anyone knows of that are cut bigger but still look pretty nice? I know it's sort of a girl question so don't beat me up too hard for asking.

I'm 6'5" and ive danced around 235-245lbs for the past 6 months. Jeans from men's express (structure) fit me pretty well in 36W x 34L, but ive also got a couple pairs from american eagle that are great.

i dont know if express is the best bet for a person with big quads/legs, mine are small but their noticible in my express jeans.

I always buy relaxed fit/cut jeans, straight leg NO WAY.

Originally posted by kuso
what the hell are hammer pants?

Hammer as in formerly MC Hammer probably :grin:

I can't wear relaxed fit jeans, they have to be loose fit. Levis 560 with tapered leg and Lee Dungarees are what I wear.

I have to special order my casual dress pants from JCPenney. I get the St. Johns Bay pants in relaxed fit.

I appreciate all the help...I'll check the St. Johns Bay stuff from JC Penney and who knows, maybe I will come across some Hammer pants that I can wear to work.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Jodi
Uggghhh.........Hammer Pants and Parachute pants. :shake: I hope they never make a comeback and that goes for Spandex too :eek2: Too many people wore those that shouldn't have :twitch:

I would not be surprised to see them back very shortly. All the rage in PA is for all the rich college douche bags to where collared shirts with the collar flipped up like in the early 80's. I was looking out the window at the gym last Friday and there was this kid leaning against the side of his convertible beamer with a pink polo shirt on with the collar flipped up. I nearly peed my pants when I saw that. :laugh:

Originally posted by Eggs
Hey Dale, do you remember those cool pants we wore in the early 90s? Like the ones Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer wore? :grin:

Oooh, maybe that was a period in time we were all trying to forget... :lol:

Ahem, as to the question at hand I have no advice... I'm just a short guy.
Versace.

Remember when everyone used to peg there pants. You would take the front of pant at the bottom and and make a fold and then role up the fold once or twice. So funny.

Originally posted by once was fat
Remember when everyone used to peg there pants. You would take the front of pant at the bottom and and make a fold and then role up the fold once or twice. So funny.

I watched an old home movie where I had my pants pegged. WTF was I thinking, looks hella stupid now. God, the 80's were horrible.

Back