• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

two important questions

CreaKid13

6 months
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ok i have 2 questions, first, im 16 is it ok to work my upper body to exhaustion every monday wednsday and friday, and the other is, i is it true that large amounts of protein are used better the night before you work out, or the day you work out? thanks guys

Whats up young buck

first off, at your age, I wouldnt go "to exhaustion" that much. You don't NEED to kill your muscles at your age to get gains. Your testosterone is flowing right now, so just doing a good number of sets should be good for ya. I'm not sayin don't push yourself, but no need to go "to complete exhaustion".

Also, for protein intake. You should be taking it every day. On days. Off days. get .5 to 1 gram per pound of your weight. so if you weigh in at 150, get 125-150grams every day. Be sure to have a solid carb intake too. No carbs = no growth.

Lastly,
be safe when lifting. Don't injure yourself. You're young, no need to rush things. It's good you're interested at a young age, so stay with it. Train properly, eat even better, and keep focused. Stay in school, don't get in trouble. Work hard! :thumb:

thanks alot man great info

It is also very important to take protein at the correct times. The body can only circulate the amino acids from protein for a few hours after ingestion or assimilation. It will usually expel the residuals fairly fast there after or break them down into other things. So to help improve your changes of keeping the muscle in a state of positive nitrogen retention and promote optimum lean growth you need to ingest protein in small portions about 5 times a day to get best results (2 ½ - 3 hrs apart). You can experiment with multi-species proteins too ??? especially at bed time (take slow absorption proteins [casein] that are naturally available in low fat cottage cheese at bed). This will insure your body has the raw materials available to build more muscle during the GH hormone release that occurs about 2 hrs into sleep (about the time the cottage cheese is assimilated and circulating the aminos). It is especially important to ingest some protein (with some carbs) prior to and (and possibly during workout) and then within about 1 hr post workout. A lot of guys purposely spike their insulin this one time after workout to pump the aminos into the muscle tissue (natural bodybuilding technique). You can do this with a small dose of fast carbs (maltodextrin with your creatine for example) post workout. After ingesting the fast carbs wait 15 minutes then take a FAST absorption protein like whey isolate. After this one period of time it???s usually better to go with the slower complex carbs and protein with the remaining meals.

OD

Originally posted by OceanDude
It is also very important to take protein at the correct times. The body can only circulate the amino acids from protein for a few hours after ingestion or assimilation. It will usually expel the residuals fairly fast there after or break them down into other things. So to help improve your changes of keeping the muscle in a state of positive nitrogen retention and promote optimum lean growth you need to ingest protein in small portions about 5 times a day to get best results (2 ½ - 3 hrs apart). You can experiment with multi-species proteins too ??? especially at bed time (take slow absorption proteins [casein] that are naturally available in low fat cottage cheese at bed). This will insure your body has the raw materials available to build more muscle during the GH hormone release that occurs about 2 hrs into sleep (about the time the cottage cheese is assimilated and circulating the aminos). It is especially important to ingest some protein (with some carbs) prior to and (and possibly during workout) and then within about 1 hr post workout. A lot of guys purposely spike their insulin this one time after workout to pump the aminos into the muscle tissue (natural bodybuilding technique). You can do this with a small dose of fast carbs (maltodextrin with your creatine for example) post workout. After ingesting the fast carbs wait 15 minutes then take a FAST absorption protein like whey isolate. After this one period of time it???s usually better to go with the slower complex carbs and protein with the remaining meals.

OD

why wait 15 mins? I just drink em together, whey and dextrose, 1 during the workout, then another one like 15 min after my workout.

Stay in school, don't get in trouble

LMAO......what a funny statment. Where did you get the idea that he was thinking about dropping out?

Originally posted by Yanick
why wait 15 mins? I just drink em together, whey and dextrose, 1 during the workout, then another one like 15 min after my workout.

Waiting gives the body time to elevate the insulin levels. No, it's not absolutely necessary to wait but it helps to get more protein assimilated and the aminos delivered into the tissue. If you take protein right away some will be broken down and unusable and therefor unavailable when the spike does manefest itself. Rather than compensate with ingesting much more protein to improve the amino pool (essentially overdosing) it's easier to just wait a bit and get a higher percentage delivered.

OD

I see what you're saying, i just doubt it will make much of a difference, if one at all.

Originally posted by P-funk
LMAO......what a funny statment. Where did you get the idea that he was thinking about dropping out?

:haha:

Im a young 17 year old (ie not as big as other guys) and started weight training, it was going fine and was bulking up and manged to increase my strength a significant amount in about 4 months ( i have a twin who was same strength but now i can out bench press him by 15kg).
But now its all gone to pot, my wrists are quite bad, i think i might of damaged tendons, plus my collar bones dont feel quite right - im worried injuries like this would hamper my general growth.
i have an idea to stop weights for a few months to fully recover then start again with body weight exercises as i heard they are more "safe". is that a good idea?

Back