Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Are you enjoying the fat right now ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

Are you enjoying the fat right now ?

I am bulking, my body fat is increasing of course and I couldn´t care less I know everything is going away quite easy.
    Do you have a problem with your body fat when bulking ?

Rep Points

Yup - which is why I do mini cycles instead.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

i think as we get older everybody has that problem
    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    I will not kill innocents.

Rep Points

this is the first time i made an effort to bulk and yes i added some fat. i gained some good muscle though. gained around 15 pounds total. after next week i'll be slowly cutting back cals to prep for beach weather

Rep Points

Originally posted by Jodi
    how long do the mini cycles last? thanks.

Mic Murderer

Rep Points

JOdi, how do you fluctuate between cuttign cals and bulking cals? It's quite a difference...does it not affect you personally?

Peace.
    T DOT O.

Fit Freak
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I am trying to deal with this now....after my competition I have stopped training (3 weeks) and added a considerable amount of fat. I know it'll come off soon enough...when I get back to the gym, get the diet under control, etc......but I'm not ready for it yet. In the meantime I am trying to convince myself it's ok to have a little layer once and a while...especially if I feel better mentally...MUCH easier said than done...but at this point I refuse to go on another diet

Might have gotten off topic but nevertheless I needed to get it off my chest
    Searching for the right balance...

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Originally posted by Fit Freak
    ...after my competition I have stopped training (3 weeks)
    why so long?

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Hardcore Peptides 20% Discount Code: Robert20

Hungry for SIZE

Rep Points

Whats the shortest you go?

I want to stay lean this summer, but still gain.

Am considering travelling from 10-11% during each cycle.

I think that should be about one month bulk, while gaining 1 lbs a week, and 2 weeks cut, also a lb a week.

Rep Points

Originally posted by Premo55
    JOdi, how do you fluctuate between cuttign cals and bulking cals? It's quite a difference...does it not affect you personally?

Peace.
    I'm not sure what your asking.

I can eat alot when I have/want to and then when I'm cutting, I can restrict myself even though I'm starving all the time

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

Yeah fitfreak why 3 whole weeks?

Mic Murderer

Rep Points

Jodi, what I mean is, how do you do the transition from undereating to overeating? Do you do maintenance weeks in between these mini cycles? Surely you can't add a crapload of cals all of a sudden after a cutting week.

Peace.
    T DOT O.

Rep Points

I'm Fat as fuck all winter, then ripped for the summer!!!

Sackin' up every day

Rep Points

yeah i don't want to do the all out bulk, i am trying to just gain as much mass as possible while still keepin the six pack. So far so good 20 lbs in under 4 months i still got the very visible six pack goin
    -Sack Up-

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?" Pink Floyd, Another Brick in the Wall

Fit Freak
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

3 weeks...a long time...BUT my body was just very rundown...aching joints, letargic, EXAMS smack in the middle didn't help. First time I've taken even a week off in 6 years...since the beginning. I feel refreshed now..other than felling like a fatt tub-a shiat...I think it's back to the routine tomorrow.

Also...lifting just got so much like work after all the prep for the comp...I want it to be fun again...hopefully when I go back this weekend it will be

Iknow in the long run my body will thank me for the time off...maybe some of my nagging injuries will finally staw away for GOOD!

Fit Freak
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

One comment about the mini-cycle approach....if you're looking for maximal gains this is not my recommended means of achieving such results. If you want to make SOLID gains that are noticeable...you need to train and eat for added mass for at least a few months...otherwise most of the fluctuations are just maniulated glycogen and water weight.

While I do not deny you can make some gains...it isn't the best route...IMO. If you only need to make small changes to your physique then it could be fine. This is my opinion of course...I found when I finally allowed myself to add a little weight and actually avoid cutting right away I finally made significant gains in muscle.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

First time I've taken even a week off in 6 years...since the beginning.
    Really?

I try and take one full week off from the gym every 3 months.

I admit that I only started doing this the last few years though, when I was younger I never took time off, I thought I was going to shrink!

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Hardcore Peptides 20% Discount Code: Robert20

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

What's a mini cycle? And Jodi, why do you restrict so severly if you're starving? i thought that slows down one's metabolism? Don't you eat 6 meals a day?

I see YOU!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I'm not sure what your asking.

I can eat alot when I have/want to and then when I'm cutting, I can restrict myself even though I'm starving all the time
    I'm the same way! I love to eat!!! but when its time to get down to business, I just do it.
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."

Hungry for SIZE

Rep Points

One comment about the mini-cycle approach....if you're looking for maximal gains this is not my recommended means of achieving such results. If you want to make SOLID gains that are noticeable...you need to train and eat for added mass for at least a few months...otherwise most of the fluctuations are just maniulated glycogen and water weight.

While I do not deny you can make some gains...it isn't the best route...IMO. If you only need to make small changes to your physique then it could be fine. This is my opinion of course...I found when I finally allowed myself to add a little weight and actually avoid cutting right away I finally made significant gains in muscle.
    ugh. thats the last thing i need to hear
    so tired of getting fat.

Sackin' up every day

Rep Points

Originally posted by Prince
    Really?

I try and take one full week off from the gym every 3 months.

I admit that I only started doing this the last few years though, when I was younger I never took time off, I thought I was going to shrink!
    i was the same way, i did this for about 4 years, not even taking days off during the week, luckily i have more so learned the ways
    -Sack Up-

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?" Pink Floyd, Another Brick in the Wall

Fit Freak
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yeah...I know I should have taken more time off...just paranoid of anymore than 2-3 days. Things will differ now.

Sent....bulking doesn't have to make you fat....clean bulking is what I suggest long term anyway...you just carry a little more fat and stay that way for a prolonged period of time to actually GAIN muscle instead of adding and dropping water and glycogen.

Rep Points

Originally posted by rockcrest
    how long do the mini cycles last? thanks.
    Typically, I would do 3-4 weeks depending on the progress.

Rep Points

Originally posted by Premo55
    Jodi, what I mean is, how do you do the transition from undereating to overeating? Do you do maintenance weeks in between these mini cycles? Surely you can't add a crapload of cals all of a sudden after a cutting week.

Peace.
    I bulk ala Carb Cycling style I didn't feel the change at all and my body adjust quite nicely as it's use to different calories amounts daily anyway. Other than being more hungry while cutting I enjoyed it

Rep Points

Depends on the person IMO!

I gained 10lbs since Oct. and bodyfat % remained the same. I don't think 10 pounds is too shabby if you ask.

Rep Points

Originally posted by jaim91
    What's a mini cycle? And Jodi, why do you restrict so severly if you're starving? i thought that slows down one's metabolism? Don't you eat 6 meals a day?
    Yes, I eat 5-6 meals a day but when you are cutting you have to restrict yourself and your hungry. No way of avoiding that. I don't starve myself, trust me on that

Rep Points

Originally posted by JLB001
    I'm the same way! I love to eat!!! but when its time to get down to business, I just do it.
    1 more month before I need to start

Mic Murderer

Rep Points

*I* starve on No Carb days. So Jodi, if I decide to bulk all of a sudden and just switch my carb cycling plans overnight, my body will adjust well?

Peace.
    T DOT O.

Rep Points

My typical cutting cycle - H/N/L/N then I started bulking at H/L/N/L/L/N/L - I don't need much to bulk Of course I did increase it and later got rid of the 2nd No day and adding a High Day. I'm not saying it will work for everyone but I had NO problems switching at the drop of a hat.

Mic Murderer

Rep Points

Ouch Jodi, High/No/Low/No sounds painful as hell. How long after the basic No/Low/High plan did you tweak to adding a second no day?

Your bulking plan looks like less food than my cutting plan, lol....

Peace.
    T DOT O.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast