• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

L. Carnatine - does anyone take some

kim

Fit by 40
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just wondering about L. Carnatine, does'nt anyone take some and it is a great idea to include that supplements. And also is there any side effects.

Thank's for reply.

Kim

I used to take it, it is surely safe to use. I use Acetyl-L-Carnitine now which is more effective but slightly higher in price...

these days I take 1-2 grams before and after my cardio sessions...

That stuff is expensive.

it's cheap at 1fast400.com

Yep that stuff is more than expensive. I just bought some yesterday and it cost me 90.00$ canadian the bottle. We don't supposed to have it here in Canada, don't know why, but I find some into a fitness nutrition.

From all I have read now on L. Carnatine it' s only good thing about it and seems to have no side effects.

Is there some of you that have seen good result's from taking it. I may start next week to take it, but just before I want to make sure that it is safe at 100%.

Would like to have some opinions.

Originally posted by kim
Yep that stuff is more than expensive. I just bought some yesterday and it cost me 90.00$ canadian the bottle. We don't supposed to have it here in Canada, don't know why, but I find some into a fitness nutrition.

From all I have read now on L. Carnatine it' s only good thing about it and seems to have no side effects.

Is there some of you that have seen good result's from taking it. I may start next week to take it, but just before I want to make sure that it is safe at 100%.

Would like to have some opinions.

L-Carnitine is a naturally occuring amino acid. it is 100% safe.

Function:

Facilitates the uptake of acetyl coenzyme A (see B5) into the mitochondria during fatty acid oxidation. Enhances acetylcholine production and is cholinomimetic (acts like acetylcholine in facilitating nerve transmission). Improves cerebral blood flow in patients with cerebral ischemia. Prevents free-radical mediated protein oxidation in the brain. Stimulates protein and membrane phospholipid synthesis. Enhances fatty acid transport for ATP production in the mitochondria of skeletal and heart muscle (improving function and also protecting from free-radical damage). Reverses age-related declines of cardiolipin in the mitochondria of heart muscle. Prevents CD4 lymphocyte cell death.

Deficiency symptoms:

Acetyl-L-carnitine has been used to treat Alzheimer's dementia and other degenerative diseases of the brain, major depression, diabetic neuropathy and cataracts, cardiac insufficiency, cognitive disturbances in alcoholics.

Nutrient interactions:

Works well with other nutrients. Amino acids generally absorb better with a carboydrate rather than high protein meal.

LAM, you are a sweatty for helping me, I was scare about side effects, it seems that it bring alot to the whole body.

When should I take it. Is it before weight training and then afters when training:help:

Thank you for bringing me those informations, I do appreciate.

Kim

Originally posted by LAM
L-Carnitine is a naturally occuring amino acid. it is 100% safe.

Function:

Facilitates the uptake of acetyl coenzyme A (see B5) into the mitochondria during fatty acid oxidation. Enhances acetylcholine production and is cholinomimetic (acts like acetylcholine in facilitating nerve transmission). Improves cerebral blood flow in patients with cerebral ischemia. Prevents free-radical mediated protein oxidation in the brain. Stimulates protein and membrane phospholipid synthesis. Enhances fatty acid transport for ATP production in the mitochondria of skeletal and heart muscle (improving function and also protecting from free-radical damage). Reverses age-related declines of cardiolipin in the mitochondria of heart muscle. Prevents CD4 lymphocyte cell death.

Deficiency symptoms:

Acetyl-L-carnitine has been used to treat Alzheimer's dementia and other degenerative diseases of the brain, major depression, diabetic neuropathy and cataracts, cardiac insufficiency, cognitive disturbances in alcoholics.

Nutrient interactions:

Works well with other nutrients. Amino acids generally absorb better with a carboydrate rather than high protein meal.

I know youre just being helpful, but it would be nice if you could cite whoever youre quoting here, LAM.

Kim, ive been taking it @ ~2g two to three times a day. Personally, the most noticable effect is an increased concentration and focus, reminiscent of a slight adderall buzz. ALCAR's metabolic half life is around 6 hours, but i can notice the effects i mentioned wear off after 2-3 hours.

Stacking it with some kind of choline source would be a good idea, as people have reported headaches from using ALCAR by itself, which is alleviated when they add the choline. Theres also some interesting synergy between the two...

For a nice overview of ALCAR, David Tolson wrote a great little synopsis here:

http://www.1fast400.com/?ingredients_id=23

Thanks Mono and Lam

What is choline.

IML Gear Cream!
WOW, That's a great link.

Another question:headbang: I have bought as well CLA and the ladies told me that I could take them as well while taking L. Carnatine.

What do you think about it.:shrug:

Well it seems to make so much supplement to think about, some are taking:
Glucosamin
Multi vitamine
Chronium
L-Carnatine
CLA
L. Glutamine

:nut: Are most of you taking all that

You should make up your own mind... after all, its your body. Find out what each supplement is supposed to do. Try and find impartial reviews and feedback from people who have used it. If you finally decide to try something, make sure you take it alone... or at least dont start supplementing with more than one thing at a time. i.e., if you suddenly started taking everything you listed above, and noticed it gave you an increased heart rate... would you know which one was doing it?

Those articles are a great place to start, and so are these forums. Just use the search button, its like a giant supplement encyclopedia. :D

Originally posted by kim
WOW, That's a great link.

Another question:headbang: I have bought as well CLA and the ladies told me that I could take them as well while taking L. Carnatine.

What do you think about it.:shrug:

Well it seems to make so much supplement to think about, some are taking:
Glucosamin
Multi vitamine
Chronium
L-Carnatine
CLA
L. Glutamine

:nut: Are most of you taking all that

CLA is a great supplement when used in conjunction with a sound diet it can aid in fat loss. the effective dose is 6 grams a day. so you can take 2 grams - 3x a day. I would take it with your meals that contain carbs so it doesn't get oxidized for energy...

Okay, I make sure that I will take one suppl. at the time to make sure that if there is a bug (hope not) I will be able to know which one is not good. Great advice

Now that I have aleady bought CLA and L.Carnatine.

Wich one will you suggest me to take at first. CLA or L.Carnatine.
Both of them seems to do about the samething regarding taking off the deep fat but L. Carnatine seems to have much more benefit to the body than CLA.

I don't want to take both of them at the same time. So which one do you consider I should take at first.

Thank you guys for helping - I appreciate

the problem with both of those supps is that you don't feel any different when you are taking either one of them.

it takes weeks for CLA to kick in, I would start on that first (plus summer is coming up) neither one of these supps need to be cycled you can take them as long as your budget allows...

Lam, so it means that I can take them at the same time (both of them at the same time). I'm sorry maybe I seems to be hard head but my first language is french, so I want to make sure I do understand.

Thank's

sure..you can start taking them both at the same time/meal, etc..

Back