• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Uncle Bens Brown Rice

TrojanMan60563

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey all I got a 25lb bag of Uncle Ben's Brown Rice for $18.99. Is this a good deal?

All the asian rice I have seen at the store is white rice. That is not good compared to brown rice. I would like to find bulk black rice. I have heard/read that its even better for you then brown, but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it.

Originally posted by TrojanMan60563
All the asian rice I have seen at the store is white rice. That is not good compared to brown rice. I would like to find bulk black rice. I have heard/read that its even better for you then brown, but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it.

I've seen black lentils but not black rice...

Originally posted by aggies1ut
Uncle Ben's............

Just me, but I would never touch that stuff. I'm sure the brown rice is fine though. :p I'm Asian. Grew up on high quality sushi rice.

Ok, so Asian people have more insight on rice... as an american does that mean i have more insight on Doughnuts? or maybe it's hamburgers and french fries? I have translated this post into the American version...

Just me, but I would never touch that Hostess stuff. I'm sure the mini crumb variety is fine... :p I'm fat and white. Grew up on Hot, Fresh glazed twists from the local doughnut shop... :D

mmm i could go for some lentil soup about now

IML Gear Cream!
Well my 25lb bag of UB brown rice is exactly what I was looking for. IMO its quality, and I love the quantity and cheap price. It doesn't break my bank and 25lbs is going to last me a while

Well instant or quick rice is higher in GI than the slow-cooking long grain type...

Peace.

Originally posted by sentricyphen
UB instant brown rice is awesome.

^^^^^^^^
Originally posted by Premo55
Well instant or quick rice is higher in GI than the slow-cooking long grain type...

Peace.

You beat me to it, stick to the slow-cooking stuff its much better.

Originally posted by TrojanMan60563
I would like to find bulk black rice. I have heard/read that its even better for you then brown, but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it.

You mean wild rice? I mix 1 cup wild rice to 2 cups brown rice.

Wow I'm glad you gave me that list, I almost bought a book with all the foods and their GI but my firepager went off and I had to run out of the BORDERS. Saved me like 15 bucks.

Originally posted by Premo55

Peace.
good point. ill have to suffer through an extra 10 mins of cooking I suppose.

Yea I use to use the instant when I first started but then everyone said it was bad. So now I just cook a bunch of it and it lasts me like 3-4 days. It works fine IMO but the downfall is it takes forever for it to cook. So I have started cooking it at work because I am a manager of a cafe so I cook all my meals for like 3 days there and package them up. Bad part to being able to cook at work is all the damn pastries there I can't eat heh.

The 25lb bag I got is slow cooking. It takes like 30 minutes to cook. I think I did mean wild rice not black rice. The color is black though. I would love to mix that with my brown rice but its really expensive, and I can't find it in bulk

Back