NapsGear.net

to tone?

Thread: to tone?

Rep Points

to tone?

Recently since my gains have been great, people have noticed and ask for advice. Until now its been guys asking how to get ripped, but today a girl asked me what to do to get toned. I was like...I will get back to you. I know how to lift and eat to get big, not toned.

Her main goals are to lose bf and get toned. I told her 70% of that is diet which we are working on, but I wasnt sure what kind of lifting or cardio to have her do. Should she try HIIT or long distance running/biking and such? I was leaning toward long distance. Also how often?

What kind of lifting should she do to get toned? I would guess mabye 2 or 3 full body workouts a week, her goal isnt to build muscle but I figure once she trims off the fat it would be good to have some shapely muscle plus it would increase her bm.

yeah, full body workouts with lots of isolation exercises. And high reps 15-20 with lighter weight

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Originally posted by phantom939
    yeah, full body workouts with lots of isolation exercises. And high reps 15-20 with lighter weight
    wrong...there are no "toning" exercises
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

bring it!

Rep Points

I agree with LAM!! those "toning exercises" are TOTALLY overrated!!! myths myths myths!!
    if she wants to reshape her body, see defintion, leaner, tighter, less bodyfat- have her train heavy and intense with weights!
    " To dream anything you want to dream: That is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything you want to do: That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits: that is the courage to succeed."

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Re: to tone?

Originally posted by JoeR.
    Recently since my gains have been great, people have noticed and ask for advice. Until now its been guys asking how to get ripped, but today a girl asked me what to do to get toned. I was like...I will get back to you. I know how to lift and eat to get big, not toned.

Her main goals are to lose bf and get toned. I told her 70% of that is diet which we are working on, but I wasnt sure what kind of lifting or cardio to have her do. Should she try HIIT or long distance running/biking and such? I was leaning toward long distance. Also how often?

What kind of lifting should she do to get toned? I would guess mabye 2 or 3 full body workouts a week, her goal isnt to build muscle but I figure once she trims off the fat it would be good to have some shapely muscle plus it would increase her bm.
    yea yea! thats y i want muscle...........2 increase my bm or is bmi? whatever. i know it means ur metabolism is up even when ur resting what exactly r those letters and what do they stand 4? <<<lost/feeling stupid
    "Love to be real, it must cost- it must hurt- it must empty us of self."
    - Mother Teresa

Rep Points

I believe you would like this thread chiquita

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/sh...threadid=30653

#2 is what im talking about

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

The purpose of high reps, and short rest periods, is to keep the heart rate elevated similar to cardio. So something like circuit training, or simply lowering rest periods to 30 seconds and doing higher reps if they wish, would be of some small benefit.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Re: Re: to tone?

Originally posted by chiquita6683
    what exactly r those letters and what do they stand 4? <<<lost/feeling stupid
    High Intensity Interval Training.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Re: Re: Re: to tone?

Originally posted by Mudge
    High Intensity Interval Training.
    no no i meant bm/bmi? or whatever i was trying to talk about
    btw i havent read the link posted above, yet
    but i know what HIT means, i think......damn this is y this goal indimidated the shit outa me be4, i dont/cant remember anything about it, but after alot of time it becomes like 2nd nature sooo.....

im doing good right?! cmon tell me im not stupid, like 1a those fat dumb chicks (that has absolutely nothing wrong w them) that goes to the gym 4 the first time!
    - Mother Teresa

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Smile Ahhhh!

ty Joe! very informative and insightful! just what i needed to learn! now if i can just member it! i think i have read it be4 idk maybe not!
    - Mother Teresa

Rep Points

I think BMI is full of shit, according to that me at 150lbs and 9% bf would have an index of 25. Which according to that scale is overwieght, that scale is for the typical muscleless american only.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Its for couch potatos. Canada uses it to determine obesity however, they dont pay attention to bodyfat percentage.