• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Re-Beginner looking for answers

Dieter

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello Everyone.

I have been lifting moderately for about 5 months.

Im 32 YO, 6'4" and I started out around 250 pounds. I have improved my diet and lost about 4" from my waist and added almost an inch to my arms. Weight now is 218 . But I would say for the last 2 months I have kinda hit a wall. But my problems started way back, a little history..

When I first got into a gym and started lifting with some friends (25 YO then) they always progressed faster than me. We were eating ALOT and lifting often, about 4 times a week. As my friend gained wieght and became stronger, I quickly plateued and lost wieght, about 10% body fat (down to around 14% BF) and weighed a whooping 185 lbs (6'4" remember). Did that for a year before I quit.

To present, after lots of tests, I was diagnosed as Testosterone deficient. At 31 years, my endocrinologist told me I had the Testerone level of a 60 year old man. Well, that would explain alot. So I have been on T replacment therapy (First tgel and now HCG) for a couple years. And its helped in LOTS of areas. Even with the current moderate workouts, I am at or surpassed where I was after a year working out hard with my buddy. But I fear that wall is comming up again.

I started really counting my food using fitday.com for the last month. I almost always get about 3500-4000 calories a day, 300-400 grams of protien a day (lots of shakes), and try to keep my calorie ratio to 40% Protien, 35% Carb, 25% Fat. I have had no increase in strength, now I just dont lose wieght, I have been at 218-220 for a month with no change in measurement. I have also added creatine to my diet for about 6 weeks now.

I guess im through the beginner period....but im still not very strong. Bench press is 155, in 3 sets of 8, but I struggle in the last set and usually only get 5-6 before failure. Military Press is 80 and is similar.

I do an every other day workout:
Chest and arms 1 day
Legs 2 day
Back and Shoulders 3 day

Just looking for advice on where to go from here....Thanks

Back