• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Need alittle help with this

Spitfire

Im hungry
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey, I had a MRI done, and my doctor isnt helping me very much and I was wondering if any one know what I can do for this (meaning llike sould I take in more calcium or something)

MRI of the Lumbar Spine

I had a Standard pulse sequences proformed on an open MR system

Findings: Threre is straighting of the normal lumbat lordosis. Vertebral body height and marrow signal are maintained. There is no acute compression fracture or infiltrative marrow lesion seen *finaly some good news*

At visualized T11-12 and T12-L1 levels, there is mild disk degeneration with slight spondylitic change.

The lumbar disks are intact. Minimal endplate spondylitic change/ Bulging disk noted at L4-5 and L5-S1.

A level of significant central or foraminal stenosis is seen.

The spinal canal and conus medullaris are normal

IMPRESSION----- * what does this part mean *

1 disk degeneration with minimal spondylitic change/bulging disks at T10-11 and T11-12. -------* Is that half repetitive *

2 Minimal spondyolsis and and bulging anuli at L4-5 and L5-S1.

3 Straightened lumbar lordosis. This may be seen with muscular spasm.

My "doctor" now said nothing could help me with this that the pain should lower after a while but 1would always be there, well I think a back brace or something, anything would help.

Any suggestions would help out alot
Thanks Spitfire

glucosamine chondroitin might prevent further intervertebral disc degeneration. (Although no studies have been done to look at its effect on the spine, its promising in other joints..and your back is a type of joint).

Back brace may help with spondylolisthesis and only if severe (grade 4) which you don't have.

You do have muscle spasm (that is what is straightening out your normal lordosis or curvature of the spine.)

Disc bulging is common in half the population , but if there is no effacement or impingement on the spinal cord then it is nothing to worry about. (which you don't have.)

I think you would benefit from physical therapy or chiropractic therapy. Your doc is right in that, other than epidural shots, (somewhat invasive) there isn't a whole lot he can do.

1 disk degeneration with minimal spondylitic change/bulging disks at T10-11 and T11-12. -------* Is that half repetitive *

It does seem repetative. Spondylosis of the spine refers to degenerative changes of the vertebrae and related tissues - think of it as arthritis of the spine. In many cases this is also a normal finding and does not cause symptoms. spondylosis also does usually imply some disc degeration.

By the way, I like your signature from the Princess Bride.

Thank you very much, unfortunatly I think that when I have my back cracked Iit just makes me crack it more and more. Not good.
Thank you for your suggestions. As for physical therapy, I am doing no more now than hyper extentions and low impact back exercises.
Thanks again for your help, B.A.W.

Back