ANDRO SHRED!

Facebook    Twitter    YouTube    Instagram

Cell phones.... Love 'em or hate 'em?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,179

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    2005773

    Cell phones.... Love 'em or hate 'em?

    A continuance of a comment made in another post.



    I carry a cell phone for work because I'm on call 24/7. BUT, I hate to see people driving with one crammed in their ear. Why can't these people use the damn headset their phone came with?
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

  2. #2
    The Original Jackass
    irontime's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    If not here, then on some porn site.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,291

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    9884476

    I hate the damn things I think they are a useful tool for business purposes, but other than that they piss me off. I for one do not want to be bothered when I am not at home, leave me a damn message and I'll get back to you on my own time.

    My gf used to take hers with her everwhere and it drove me nuts. We'd be doing something then her mother would call asking her to go to the store or some bs and of course she's so damn kindhearted that she can't just say 'Mom, I'm about to get laid over at my boyfriends, can't you do it yourself?' Noooooo, So I'd be stuck with a hard on in my pants as we'd take off to the store where I can hardly walk due to the fact that I have blueballs and.........did I get a little off topic there?
    If god were suddenly condemned to live the life which he has inflicted on man, he would kill himself.
    - Alexander Dumas (1802 - 1870)

  3. #3
    Going nowhere fast!
    ELITE MEMBER
    naturaltan's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    10,116

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    15602147

    just a little ... you were talking about shopping
    Now rollin' with the Raider

  4. #4
    Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER
    maniclion's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mēns Incognita
    Age
    40
    Posts
    27,178

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Rep Points
    1058235253


    I hate people who think they have to answer every call like they were so important that nothing else matters, I hate people who have their ringer so loud with a cute little jingle that sticks in your head all day or startle you when everything is nice and quiet. Driving while talking on the cell, everyone says they hate it even the people who do it. I answer mine at a stop light or something, but I hate being behind the chronic cell phone people with manual transmissions weaving all over cause they have to steer and shift with one hand. Those people who walk around with that thing tangling from the ear talking loud and confusing the clerk at the checkout counter because they aren't paying attention.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Dale Mabry's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,577

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points
    251729101


    Times when I like cell phone:

    1)stranded
    2)out drunk looking for friends
    3)when I meet a girl out, I can hand her the phone and tell her to put in her number. When she puts in her number, I take the phone back and scroll through to see what her name is because I generally forget.

    Times I hate cell phones:

    1)When I am fishing
    2)When I am masturbating
    3)When I am out with a friend and his girlfriend calls 100 times.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

    4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

    Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

  6. #6
    Iron Rich
    djrx06's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Downtown Miami
    Age
    38
    Posts
    835

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    805072

    I have no problems with cells unless someone is talking on the cell phone at the dinner table for a long time. That pisses me off!
    Oh yeah I forgot, and when you are riding in a car with someone that is on the phone forever.

  7. #7
    Rebel without a clue
    ELITE MEMBER
    Stickboy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    NM
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,115

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    1374636

    I hate it when someone is talking very loud on their cell in a public place. Many seem to act like they are important or something. Almost seems as if they are a status symbol to some.
    Nevermind the fact that damn near everyone has one.

  8. #8
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,312

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points
    1002190314


    I love cell phones, but I am very courteous as to how/when I use it when in public…
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Dale Mabry's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,577

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points
    251729101


    DJ, one thing I used to hate is when this girl I dated would want me to go on a long drive with her and 5 seconds into the drive she turns the radio down and starts gabbing on the cell phone the whole way.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

    4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

    Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

  10. #10
    ╔═╬═╝
    Paynne's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Age
    55
    Posts
    686

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    1381666

    I love my cell phone. But you gotta be careful and set it to vibrate when you're at the movies, eating out, yada yada. I set it to vibrate rather than turn it off so I can see who's calling. If it's the state police or something calling to tell me my house is on fire, I have a feeling I'd want to take the call.

    I just don't get why it's unsafe to talk on the cell when driving. If you have a manual transmission just get a headset. How is it different from talking to the person next to you? If the problem is because of taking a hand off of the steering wheel then they'd have to make it illegal to eat or smoke.

  11. #11
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,179

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    2005773

    Originally posted by Paynne


    I just don't get why it's unsafe to talk on the cell when driving. If you have a manual transmission just get a headset. How is it different from talking to the person next to you? If the problem is because of taking a hand off of the steering wheel then they'd have to make it illegal to eat or smoke.

    Because most people can't turn their damn heads to see over their shoulders when they have a phone crammed in their ear. Then, you see women with it stuck between their shoulder and ear thus causing their vision to be distorted because they're looking down the road sideways. Then you get the dumbfuck that uses their left hand to hold the phone, thus rendering it useless to use for activating the turn signal.

    And it's way different to carry on a conversation on a phone than it is between to people in a car. On the phone, you have to concentrate more to understand what is said. I've had conversations using my headset and couldn't remember how the hell I got to where I was at.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

  12. #12
    genetically predetermined


    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    50
    Posts
    192

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    10

    Originally posted by Rob_NC
    On the phone, you have to concentrate more to understand what is said. I've had conversations using my headset and couldn't remember how the hell I got to where I was at.
    Uh?? I'll be a smart ass here. Sound is sound whether it comes from a cell phone, a mouth, or a car speaker.

    In humans and other mammals, hair cell bundles are arranged in four long, parallel columns on a gauzy strip of tissue called the basilar membrane. This membrane, just over an inch long, coils within the cochlea, a bony, snail-shaped structure about the size of a pea that is located deep inside the inner ear.

    Sound waves generated by mechanical forces, such as a bow being drawn across a string, water splashing on a hard surface, or air being expelled across the larynx, cause the eardrum—and, in turn, the three tiny bones of the middle ear—to vibrate. The last of these three bones (the stapes, or "stirrup") jiggles a flexible layer of tissue at the base of the cochlea. This pressure sends waves rippling along the basilar membrane, stimulating some of its hair cells.

    These cells then send out a rapid-fire code of electrical signals about the frequency, intensity, and duration of a sound. The messages travel through auditory nerve fibers that run from the base of the hair cells to the center of the cochlea, and from there to the brain. After several relays within the brain, the messages finally reach the auditory areas of the cerebral cortex, which process and interpret these signals as a musical phrase, a dripping faucet, a human voice, or any of the myriad sounds in the world around us at any particular moment.


    People who can drive while using a cell phone can drive while NOT using a cell phone.

    How can lighting a small object on fire and putting it in your month be safer than talking on a cell phone while driving. I know more people who had accidents because of cigerattes than cell phones.

  13. #13
    Six String Samurai
    V Player's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,313

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    3627670

    I hate them beyond all reasonable bounds.

  14. #14
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,179

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    2005773

    Originally posted by LazyByNature
    Uh?? I'll be a smart ass here. Sound is sound whether it comes from a cell phone, a mouth, or a car speaker.

    In humans and other mammals, hair cell bundles are arranged in four long, parallel columns on a gauzy strip of tissue called the basilar membrane. This membrane, just over an inch long, coils within the cochlea, a bony, snail-shaped structure about the size of a pea that is located deep inside the inner ear.

    Sound waves generated by mechanical forces, such as a bow being drawn across a string, water splashing on a hard surface, or air being expelled across the larynx, cause the eardrum—and, in turn, the three tiny bones of the middle ear—to vibrate. The last of these three bones (the stapes, or "stirrup") jiggles a flexible layer of tissue at the base of the cochlea. This pressure sends waves rippling along the basilar membrane, stimulating some of its hair cells.

    These cells then send out a rapid-fire code of electrical signals about the frequency, intensity, and duration of a sound. The messages travel through auditory nerve fibers that run from the base of the hair cells to the center of the cochlea, and from there to the brain. After several relays within the brain, the messages finally reach the auditory areas of the cerebral cortex, which process and interpret these signals as a musical phrase, a dripping faucet, a human voice, or any of the myriad sounds in the world around us at any particular moment.


    People who can drive while using a cell phone can drive while NOT using a cell phone.

    How can lighting a small object on fire and putting it in your month be safer than talking on a cell phone while driving. I know more people who had accidents because of cigerattes than cell phones.


    regardless of your biological explanation, it is a fact that more mental concentration is needed to converse on a telephone than in face-to-face conversation. Couple this with the already demanding task of driving and the result is someone paying more attention to the phone and not enough on what's going on around them. It doesn't take more than 2 brain cells to smoke a cigarette.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    bulletproof1's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    *
    Posts
    2,428

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points
    5933448

    I love cell phones. They make life so much more simpler although the dangers do increase. I talk on my phone in public only when is necessary. What I hate are the people who make a scene talking on their phone in public. These are the ones that think having a cell phone is a prestigious object when in actuality if you dont have a cell phone you are the minority.

Similar Threads

  1. Cell phones
    By FishOrCutBait in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 01:20 PM
  2. Cell Phones
    By Tough Old Man in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 01:15 PM
  3. Cell Phones - Plans/Phones?
    By Northy in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 09:24 PM
  4. Guys and Cell Phones
    By Pepper in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 11:32 AM
  5. Cell phones FYI
    By Dr. Pain in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 01:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2001-2017 IronMag® Bodybuilding Forums