• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Do you warm up b4 lifting weights?

CNUT

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just wondered if you like to warm up on the bike/treadmill etc before you hit the weights?

I don't do bike or treadmill, instead I use a warm up pyramid, where the first 5-6 sets are warm ups using a percentage of your heaviest set.

15 minutes light-cardio on the treadmill just to get my heart rate up to 120 bpm...

I only seem to use the bike for about 10-15min before working out my legs, other than that I just do a warm up set for other body parts.

I do 125 jumping jacks, then stretch my entire body for about 15 minutes, then I do a general warmup for each muscle I'm doing. For example, I will do a bench press as a warm up for chest and military press as a warm up for shoulders. I only do one warmup set for each muscle, but many people prefer more.

Originally posted by CowPimp
I do 125 jumping jacks, then stretch my entire body for about 15 minutes, then I do a general warmup for each muscle I'm doing. For example, I will do a bench press as a warm up for chest and military press as a warm up for shoulders. I only do one warmup set for each muscle, but many people prefer more.
Very interesting!
So you do jumping jacks as a warm up...
Do you find that doing those warms up all your joints so that you only really need one warm up set?
I may have to try that one as opposed to 10 mins on a bike.:)

Originally posted by CNUT
Very interesting!
So you do jumping jacks as a warm up...
Do you find that doing those warms up all your joints so that you only really need one warm up set?
I may have to try that one as opposed to 10 mins on a bike.:)

That's exactly why I do them. It's bad to stretch cold muscles, so jumping jacks was my solution to warming up my whole body a little bit. Plus, I kind of enjoy them. Some people prefer to get their heart rate up a little more. Mine goes back down by the time I am done stretching.

I sprint and jog for a couple minutes before lifting. Afterwards I sprint for a couple minutes and head out.

5 mins on the bike before legs, otherwise i'll do a bunch of warm ups sets and stretch whatever muscle i'll be working during that time.

5 minutes unless its leg day,i have to warm up the knees an extra 5 minutes or so.

IML Gear Cream!
I always try to warm up
135 for bench 2 sets of 12 reps to get over the shoulder pain

80 lbs easy curl bar 1 set of 12 reps to get over wrist and forearm pain

pull downs 135 lbs 1 set of 12 reps to get over shoulder pain

12 seams to be my magic number for getting a full range of motion
before my actual workout begins.

I think you should always warm up to prepare the whole body imho .

Regards

Pete

Originally posted by Mechanic Pete
I always try to warm up
135 for bench 2 sets of 12 reps to get over the shoulder pain

80 lbs easy curl bar 1 set of 12 reps to get over wrist and forearm pain

pull downs 135 lbs 1 set of 12 reps to get over shoulder pain...

That's a helluva lotta PAIN to have to "warm up" for! I'm thinking there's (possibly) something more serious afoot!!

And, yes... I warm up with a percentage of my Max Overload prior to each training. It really seems to work for me.

Originally posted by Witmaster
That's a helluva lotta PAIN to have to "warm up" for! I'm thinking there's (possibly) something more serious afoot!!

And, yes... I warm up with a percentage of my Max Overload prior to each training. It really seems to work for me.

It's pain I have lived with for the last 12 years, a lot of the pain comes from being a mechanic for the last 18 years.

Warming up seems to help more than any anti-inflammatory.
I have taken Advil for years but since I started lifting again I haven't needed it.

A good warm up set and I feel like 25 again. :)

Warming up just isn't for pain; it's getting the body ready for the lift. There is nothing worse than putting some heavy weight on the bench and getting a back cramp your first rep.

This is just my opinion, it's been 12 years since I seriously lifted and I'm sure there are new techniques.

Regards

Pete

Back