• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Help with pullups

Thuganomics Dr.

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Somebody the other day told me that pullups are a great exercise to do, and so I decided to try and do some. But I only managed 6 before I was really struggling. It kinda disheartened me, so I am wondering should I carry on do pullups, and try to do a couple more each week, or should I just get stronger with weights first before I try them again?

Also, are pressups any good for your chest and shoulders? I have just brought some push-up grips, and I try to do 5 sets of 20 press-ups a day, mainly becuase I don't have a weight bench therefore I can't really do anything for my chest. I just wanna know am I wasting my time, or will they help me build my shoulders and chest up?

Thanx.

Originally posted by Thuganomics Dr.
Somebody the other day told me that pullups are a great exercise to do, and so I decided to try and do some. But I only managed 6 before I was really struggling. It kinda disheartened me, so I am wondering should I carry on do pullups, and try to do a couple more each week,
I would definately keep doing them. Its the only way you're going to get those muscles to be able to do more of that particular exercise
Also, are pressups any good for your chest and shoulders? I have just brought some push-up grips, and I try to do 5 sets of 20 press-ups a day, mainly becuase I don't have a weight bench therefore I can't really do anything for my chest. I just wanna know am I wasting my time, or will they help me build my shoulders and chest up?
I dont think you're wasting your time if you can only do under 50 pushups at a time. There are people who say pushups are a waste for mass and they are right. But I can tell you from experience that untill you can get stronger in your beches, push ups are going to help. They wont build mass, but they will help. Once you get stronger in your bench and you can do over 50 at a time easy you dont have to do them.

Definitely continue doing pullups. They are one of the best upper body exercises that you can do. Since I have purchased a pullup bar I have kept a variation of the pullup in my routine ever since (Sometimes close grip, sometimes underhand, etc.).

If pushups are all you have access to then go for it. Any physical activity is better than none. If nothing else it will help you learn muscular control and prepare you for heavier weights if/when you decide to get some free weights or a gym membership.

Back