NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Work out timing

Thread: Work out timing

Rep Points

Work out timing

I currently am working 2 jobs. This causes me to have to do workouts late at night right before going to bed. People have told me that this is not good for your muscles. Is there any drawbacks to work out times like this or is the immediate rest good for the muscles?
    Tim T

On a journey.......
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I workout at night after dinner. I usually am in bed about an hour after my w/o. I drink a post w/o drink right after my w/o (I w/o at home so it is pretty much within 10 min.). Then just befor I hit the sack, I eat a small meal. I have gained both muscle and strength. Is it the most efficient time, I do not know from a muscle gain/growth standpoint. It has been argured that you should w/o earlier in the day. But for me it is just a preference, it is a way to top off a good day with a good w/o. Seems to work for me.
    If you always have a great day, you will always have a great life.

"The gym offers force and pain and relief. It provides challenge and struggle and satisfaction." Dave Draper

Amor Fati

Rep Points

It might not be optimal but if you can't get a workout in any other time, better that than nothing. I would suggest that you workout, have your post w/o shake/meal then give yourself bout an hour and have another meal before bed.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance but the illusion of knowledge." -Barry Marshall, Nobel Laureate

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

If that's all you can do, then do it. I workout at night and I have been seeing gains steadily for quite a while now. Sometimes I workout and I'm in bed an hour later. As long as I do my PWO meal and another meal before I goto sleep things seem to grow.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos