• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Need Mass

wantsomepizza

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm a pretty small guy 5'8" 135lbs and 19 yrs old. I've been working out for about 5 months, the first 2 months i gained like a mad man, over 20lbs. I'm sure that was due to the fact that i had never lifted before in my life. But since then I have not gained hardly anything. I am currently lifting 5 days a week, taking 3 protein drinks a day, and taking 5 grams of creatine every day. Please give some suggestions as to what i can do to gain some serious mass, as far as lifting, eating, or supplementing. It would be greatly appreciated, by me and my girlfriend. :)

Typically when you first start lifting your gains are very impressive but growth doesn't continue at that fast pace. Now you need to continuous shock your muscles into new growth, do this by constantly changing your routine. Do new exercises, experiment with different reps, occasionally do forced reps or drop sets. You could also prioritize a particular muscle group in you workout and blast it. Never let your muscles get used to the same routine. Train with high intensity and don't do too many sets per body part.

You should also experiment with different split routines, training 5 days a week doesn't allow for much recovery time, even though you are young.

As for nutrition it would help if you posted a sample day of you diet. Don't rely too heavily on shakes for protein - make sure you eat low fat dairy protein and quality white meat, lots of complex carbs and good fats.

Supplements like whey protein and creatine are the fundamentals, although I cycle my creatine intake so I don't over tax my kidneys. Others on the board will have great advice on which supplements work effectively for them.

Good luck!

Originally posted by redspy
although I cycle my creatine intake so I don't over tax my kidneys.
A lot of people here don´t believe that we need to cycle creatine or load it. :)
IMO if you drink plenty of water, everything is ok.

As far as my diet goes, Usually whey protien and 3-4 scrambled eggs for breakfast. I take 5 grams of creatine 15min. before i work out at noon. When i get back i try to have a high protien lunch something to the effect of turkey breast or a tuna sandwich, if i don't have something high in protien then I drink a whey shake also. Later around 3 I usually have a brownie or a piece of cake. At 6 i'll have chicken strips and mashed potatoes and some veggies. Before bed i'll have a whey shake maybe something else if i am really hungry. Since I'm looking at my own diet, i would guess that I probably need to up my calories intake and probably my total food intake all together. Am I correct?

A lot of people here don´t believe that we need to cycle creatine or load it.

I personally cycle it because if I take it every day I have to get up and pee during the night. A lot of the clinical studies I've seen seem to suggest it's okay to take daily but I can do without the bathroom trips :)

That is true. :)
Actually I don´t take creatine anymore, doesn´t do much for me.

wantsomepizza

You might want to search in the Diet and Nutrition forums for bulking diets.

In your position I would increase your overall calories and include more complex carbs and reduce the refined carbs (e.g. cake). You should also have 5-6 smaller meals so your muscles are fuelled throughout the day.

For breakfast I have oatmeal with lowfat milk, a whey protein shake and some fruit. Mid morning I have lowfat cottage cheese with some whey added. For lunch I try to have fish or white meat served with new potatos and veggies. Mid afternoon lowfat yogurt and fruit. For dinner I try to have fish/meat with brown rice and veggies. An hour before bed I have a scoop of Micellar protein mixed with fat free milk - this offers sustained release aminos through the night.

I also get a few menu ideas from Muscle and Fitness every month. There are people on this forum who are far more knowledable than me on this subject but I hope this helps.

So does anyone think that maybe I should try weight-gain protein shakes instead of just the regular whey protein shakes, or should i just stick with the whey and get my calories and carbs from eating a crapload of food?:confused:

IML Gear Cream!
with a low weight like yours i imagine you have a very fast metabolism. Id say just eat alot of everything.

Originally posted by kvyd
with a low weight like yours i imagine you have a very fast metabolism. Id say just eat alot of everything.

Agreed, just eat a shitload of food and get the extra protein from whey shakes. My metabolism is the same way and weightgainer never really did anything for me except make me feel like crap. Stick with food :thumb:

Peace,
Joe

Last edited:
Try mASS-TECH by Muscletech.
Try stacking it with Optimum Nutrition's Adenergy.
While mASS is guaranteed with this stack, you will be benefitted immensely by phenomenal increase in your bench press.

Originally posted by Testosterone
Try mASS-TECH by Muscletech.
Try stacking it with Optimum Nutrition's Adenergy.
While mASS is guaranteed with this stack, you will be benefitted immensely by phenomenal increase in your bench press.

I'm not critizing your advice test, i appreciate it actually, but that's like the first time on these forums that i've heard anyone recommend a muscletech product, what's the advantage of mass-tech over other probably cheaper weight-gainers? Just wondering because i really don't know much about Mass-tech

I am hoping he was being sarcastic.

Originally posted by Twin Peak
I am hoping he was being sarcastic.

I hope so.

PUMP-TECH
DIET-TECH
MASS-TECH
Fucking GET YOU BIG-TECH

Muscle tech is coming out with so much new bullshit it's pathetic.

Have they even released the ingredients of these exciting new products yet?

Methylated creatine. Its 2389732% more anabolic than regular creatine.

Where do you get these percentages from?
As far as your wish for Lobotomy, I advise you to work with Muscletech Scientists in their R & D lab for one year.
Originally posted by Monolith
Methylated creatine. Its 2389732% more anabolic than regular creatine.

okay, lol, i was kinda hoping that was sarcasm because that was the first good thing i had heard of either product.

IML Gear Cream!
MUSCLE TECH HAS TO BE GOOD THEY GOT BROCK LESNER ON THEIR COMMERCIALS. Just like Stacker they got HHH and Y2J. These are obviously the best.:dwnthumb:

I particularly enjoy their 8 page ads in every muscle mag I buy - not. 8 pages of marketing fluff, no science, meaningless graphs and not one ingredient listed.

Their new 'Pump Tech' ad is hilarious as the product doesn't even exist yet and they try to convince you they were touting the benefits of NO ages ago. I really can't comment about their product quality as I haven't used it but all I know is that it's massively overpriced.

Originally posted by wantsomepizza
As far as my diet goes, Usually whey protien and 3-4 scrambled eggs for breakfast. I take 5 grams of creatine 15min. before i work out at noon. When i get back i try to have a high protien lunch something to the effect of turkey breast or a tuna sandwich, if i don't have something high in protien then I drink a whey shake also. Later around 3 I usually have a brownie or a piece of cake. At 6 i'll have chicken strips and mashed potatoes and some veggies. Before bed i'll have a whey shake maybe something else if i am really hungry. Since I'm looking at my own diet, i would guess that I probably need to up my calories intake and probably my total food intake all together. Am I correct?

you simply need to start counting calories and consume more good foods so you KNOW exactly how much you are eating vs guessing. supplementation is not your problem

I got something that will blow Mass-Tech out of the water.

Its called Oatmeal and Brown Rice with some chicken breast or lean steak.

does brock lesner eat that too?:spam: I prefer :spam:

Back