• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

I want to stop smoking...

MeLo

Food
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey wassup` guys...My diet's great and my exerise regime is going pretty well too...
15 6-0 170 now...
Anyway... right now at such an age... i hope to quit smoking.Im now down to like doing 1 or 2 lights a day.
I have not experince any bad effects of the cigs...
So thus ... getting down to 0 is pretty hard without an extremely good reason is really hard!
Any1 who has successfully quit smoking care to share how do you guys do it...?

Lung cancer takes a little while longer to develop..

Originally posted by MeLo
Hey wassup` guys...My diet's great and my exerise regime is going pretty well too...
15 6-0 170 now...
Anyway... right now at such an age... i hope to quit smoking.Im now down to like doing 1 or 2 lights a day.
I have not experince any bad effects of the cigs...
So thus ... getting down to 0 is pretty hard without an extremely good reason is really hard!
Any1 who has successfully quit smoking care to share how do you guys do it...?

how in the hell does a 15 year old even get started smoking ?

I quit smoking cold turkey after 15 years. It is not easy but it is possible. I can tell you a couple things that helped me out. Most people say throw everything away ... ashtrays, smokes, lighters, etc. I did just the opposite. I kept a pack in the truck, a pack in the kitchen cabinet, etc. I never had to break into them, I just used them kind of like a security blanket (I know it sounds stupid). The thought of not having any around me kind of freaked me out but knowing they were near me kind of calmed me. Anyways, I guess you would have to try it to understand. It can be done. Do it for 30 days and you got it licked. Oh yea, stock up on sugar free gum :) Hope this helps.

I just read the post prior. Ur 15? U r not addicted to cigs (unless you started smoking as a fetus). I thought I was responding to a long term smoker. If u need advice on how to put them down after only a couple of months, Im surprised u have the discipline to lift.

A little fickle, arent we?

OK, the only way to quit is cold turkey.
Like BP said If you have the drive to lift, quiting should be nothing.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by bulletproof1
(unless you started smoking as a fetus)

hehe. FETUS! :thumb:

I will share my experience..hope it helps:

I started smoking in 9th grade (about your age) because it was cool and all that....i played in bands and it was just the thing to do all the way through college (well at least until my junior year).

i would literally go lift weights....then smoke a stogie on the steps to the gym afterwards...stupid.

i always promised myself that if i ever felt that it was a problem i would stop.

one day when walking to class (up 3 flights of stairs)...i noticed that i was all sweaty and out of breath and nobody else seemed to be that way....i threw away the rest of my pack and never touched one again....that was about 6 years ago.

cigarettes just became a habit..somthing to do with my hands in betwen shots of pool...or a way to pass the time in the car while driving....or something to do at parties...it takes a little getting used to but have the discipline to stop...if you are serious about health and bodybuilding it takes discipline to get results....use that discipline to stop smoking now...and take a big step foward toward your health and your goals.

i

let's see, you're 15 and you've been smoking for 2 weeks, and now you've become addicted.

your a f**king idiot

it's simple. don't smoke. you're not even old enough to buy it. how much hand-holding do you need?

animal...YEAH MAN!

very "rollins" answer there....see a grown man cry beeatch!

Quit while you can.

Replace that cigarette with a piece of gum or a water bottle.

I know that you all are right... i'm quitting cold turkey now.
Anyway animalmachine: i can get my hands on them bcos no one really asks for indentification when you buy them...
And mousie: yep... my friends really helped me with that by providing me with loads of gums but they aren't really sugar free...

2nd day without tobacco*

Back