• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

this is why america is SO FAT!

DimebagDarrell

Cutting sucks.
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
and people wonder why over 50% of american adults are obese, whereas other countries like sweden are at 13%.

the newest Kellogg's Special K commercial has the "Special K Challenge" or whatever. it says to replace two meals a day with a bowl of Special K for two weeks and you could lose up to 6 pounds. well, fuckin duh. until your metabolism stops and you gain 5 pounds a week because your body starts storing everything you take in. not to mention the lack of anything really essential other than bran flakes and milk :rolleyes: you know, they could stop doing this, but its advertising, and it makes money. almost as stupid as the FDA's food pyramid :mad:

I would have to blame it on Carls Junior's 6 dollar burger :hehe: :laugh:

Originally posted by DimebagDarrell
and people wonder why over 50% of american adults are obese, whereas other countries like sweden are at 13%.

the newest Kellogg's Special K commercial has the "Special K Challenge" or whatever. it says to replace two meals a day with a bowl of Special K for two weeks and you could lose up to 6 pounds. well, fuckin duh. until your metabolism stops and you gain 5 pounds a week because your body starts storing everything you take in. not to mention the lack of anything really essential other than bran flakes and milk :rolleyes: you know, they could stop doing this, but its advertising, and it makes money. almost as stupid as the FDA's food pyramid :mad:

The thing about the food pyramid is it was developed by the US Dept. of Agriculture. An agency that has nothing to do with nutrition, only the production of food stuffs.

I saw the Atkins food pyramid on the back of Parade magazine several weeks ago. It makes a lot more sense.

I blame it on the lack of discipline, laziness and self control.

Originally posted by Jodi

ditto...

That's true Jodi...but, jeeezzzz it is hard to change the way you were raised. Some peeps are raised on fried food and fast food. I was and it's been hell making that change. :(

I'm trying like hell to make it different for my kids!

Last edited:

I would like to add a lack of responsibilty for one's behavior...

Originally posted by Dale Mabry
I would like to add a lack of responsibilty for one's behavior...

Another very good point.

Jodi hit it right on, laziness in my opinion being the biggest culprit. i mean people drive to go 3-4 blocks, fat asses

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Jill
Portion sizes and unhealthy food:shrug: IMO

Hence: The 6 dollar burger at Carls Junior :hehe: :laugh:

Or Jack n the Box super tacos :funny:

Ewwwwweeee those are harsh words Jodi :hehe: :evil:

Agreed!!!!

Originally posted by buff_tat2d_chick
That's true Jodi...but, jeeezzzz it is hard to change the way you were raised. Some peeps are raised on fried food and fast food. I was and it's been hell making that change. :(

I'm trying like hell to make it different for my kids!

I was the same way..all the food I grew up on was horrible. Sure the change was F'ing harder then ever but c'mon don't tell me its not one of the best choices you ever made?

Originally posted by aztecwolf
Jodi hit it right on, laziness in my opinion being the biggest culprit. i mean people drive to go 3-4 blocks, fat asses

right on !

my roommate for example has a 7 year old girl..in the 1+ years we have lived together he has cooked zero home cooked meals for her. everything she eats comes out the freeze to the microwave and 75% fo the time it is macraroni & cheese...

I would rather them have mac&cheese then McDonald's Chicken McNuggets.

My concern is with sugar for the little ones. Remember their dietary needs are different when they are young and can handle a bit more fat and carbs and even dairy. It is the huge amount of sugar that they seem to be getting the concerns me first.

Lead by example is my belief. When I used to coach I would tell all the parents that they need to teach their kids to cook. So important!!!

Originally posted by CourtQueen
I would rather them have mac&cheese then McDonald's Chicken McNuggets.

My concern is with sugar for the little ones. Remember their dietary needs are different when they are young and can handle a bit more fat and carbs and even dairy. It is the huge amount of sugar that they seem to be getting the concerns me first.

Lead by example is my belief. When I used to coach I would tell all the parents that they need to teach their kids to cook. So important!!!

true...but have you ever looked at the list of ingredients on microwavable mac & cheese ? there is like 40 items listed. if you cooked it yourself there would be 2, macaroni & cheese...

Fortunately I went to a Quaker school in 1st grade. We used to leave the school grounds and go to a cooking class at the teachers house ! :thumb:

Originally posted by LAM
if you cooked it yourself there would be 2, macaroni & cheese...
You might want a couple more ingredients than that, actually, to make it decently edible.
:p

I totally agree with Jodi on this one. I would love to eat a bunch of shit, but choose not to.:p

Originally posted by Gena Marie
I totally agree with Jodi on this one. I would love to eat a bunch of shit, but choose not to.:p

Nicely put Gena....Yes indeed :thumbs:
:hehe: :evil:

I think I will make a sticky note of this if you don't mind :rofl:

IML Gear Cream!
it ain't that hard to change, i grew up with a single parent as an only child, and the only things i ate growing up was processed sugar cereals(damn i miss fruit loops), taco bell, mickey d's, mac and cheese(probably my healthiest meal i ever ate), and microwave pizzas.
I don't think i ever touched a vegetable until i got to college and started changing the way i eat, trying new foods and such.
Thing is people just have to start slowly when changing their lifestyles, you can't go straight from downing triple bacon cheeseburgers one day to eating chicken salads for the rest of your life, just slowly phase it out and eventually all that other food taste like pure crap. I went from eating fast food to a little healthier to eating sandwiches, to now where i eat chicken and barley and beans and oatmeal.
I now absolutely love all the food i eat, from my oatmeal in the morning to the cottage cheese before i go to sleep. And now that i eat all clean food i have so much damn energy its great, no more highs and lows

I think it has to be violence on tv and lack of religion in schools....wait have I already used this answer???
G.W.

Atkins is a bunch of shit. americans are lazy. god for bid all they do is lower there calorie intake and not have shit with trans fats in it to lower there weight.

Originally posted by Randy
I would have to blame it on Carls Junior's 6 dollar burger :hehe: :laugh:

Im with you on that one. The closest one was 45mins away but now they but one in around ten minutes away. Ive been there a couple of times.

Originally posted by gReg0286
Atkins is a bunch of shit. americans are lazy. god for bid all they do is lower there calorie intake and not have shit with trans fats in it to lower there weight.
Serious people always ask me what my secret is,
1. exercise in some form 2. no fast food 3. no sugar

too simple, all too simple

Originally posted by bigss75
Im with you on that one. The closest one was 45mins away but now they but one in around ten minutes away. Ive been there a couple of times.

here all most of the fast foods store locating 5 minutes away from my house:

(3)KFC
(2)McDonalds
(2)Burger King
(2)Wendy's
(2)Taco Bell
(2)Del Taco
Fat Burger
In-N-Out Burger
Arby's
(2)Sonic
Pizza Hut
Little Ceasers
Subway
(2)Weinersitnel

There are countless reasons why America is so fat, but I think a very prominent one is ignornace. The average person has no idea what good eating habits are. I'm not that knowledgeable about proper nutrition, but compared to the average person I am a genius.

There are simple changes that can be made to one's eating habits without even changing what kinds of food people eat that would benefit them: using smaller poritions, eating more frequently, and drinking more water to name a few.

People look at me and ask me if I spend my life in the gym. Yeah, I work out quiet a bit, but they are floored when I tell them that I look the way I do has more to do with what I eat, then what I lift. Even my friends don't get it. They are so lost. They work out with me, but can't understand whay they don't look like me. They ask the traineer we have here at work what they can do to loss weight. You would think they would come to me, someone who has maintained around 12%bf for a few years now. But no, they go to someone who knows nothing about diet and proper eating. I guess I must of scared them when I said you need to cut deep fried anything form your diet. Couldn't possible do that. What was I thinking. :suicide: :nope: :headbang: :no:

I don't.

One, we are hard-wired to eat. Our Neander-brains don't see that there is another foodcrap place in the next block; they see the one on THIS block and think "Must. Eat. Now. In case no more food." And the corporations whose business it is to make obscene amounts of money selling food take full advantage of that. Blame it on food being thrown at us at every turn, sometimes two or three times -- but considering how often I'll see horrified reports of "I couldn't help myself, those burgers just leapt down my throat" even here among the disciplined, educated and presumably self-controlled, I can't fault those who haven't made that their focus in life.

Two, the assertion that because a person is fat therefore translates into a lack of discipline in every area of life is one that really, really pisses me off. Your priorities, and mine, may be the pursuit of the perfect bod, but let's not deny that it takes time, energy and effort. A lot of time, energy and effort. And what else are we contributing to society as a whole while we plan out our chicken-breast and brown-rice feasts and spend hours lifting and doing cardio? Other than providing eye-candy, of course?

A fat person is just as likely to be intelligent, disciplined and even obsessed as anyone else. They just don't happen to be turning those energies towards the pursuit of bodily perfection. If they don't think about what they eat, that's a whole lot of braintime to devote to other things, kids. I know, and am related to, a whole lot of brilliant, well-read, well-educated, energetic, productive, gainfully-employed, and yes, happy fat people.

Choose what you want for yourselves, and leave other people's choices up to them.

Back