• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Help a beginner out

Mikeavelli

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi
This is my first post and this seems to be a very knowledgeable community so maybe you can help me out.

I am new to the whole weight training scene (started this week) but I have many goals I would like to obtain.

- Lose 10 pounds

- Get very cut and toned (not so much adding bulky muscle mass)

- Cut arms

- Cut abs

- Toned chest

I currently own a treadmill and a set of weights. If anyone can guide me in the right direction as to where to start and layout a sample routine for me I would greatly appreciate it. Also, is there anything worth investing in to help my development?

I currently run for a half hour every morning and do some light curls (18 lbs.)

I am 18, about 150 lbs. and 5'5.

Also how should I be eating to maximize my results?

Thanks for the help,

Mike

hey bro, post this Q in teh diet forum. Its all about the diet anipulation if you want to get leaner. Very simply putting it you have to burn more cals than you intake. By the way, why at 150 do you want to cut down. Maybe it would be a good idea to gain some muscle mass first, eh?
by the way, you a Pac fan, I assume by the name? let it be known playa. peace

I agree with gr81 that you need to ask questions about diet & nutrition in that forum. Diet & nutrition plays an extremely important role no matter what your goals are. Cutting and toning requires two things: less fat and more muscle. You can't tone muscles simply by doing endurance exercises as many people believe.

Trust me, you aren't going to wake up one morning and have gained 60 pounds of muscle mass and look like an amateur bodybuilder. It takes years of dedication. Here is the weight training routine I would recommend to you; do it Monday, Wednesday, and Friday or some similar schedule that works for you:

Full Squats 3 x 12-15
Romanian Deadlifts 3 x 12-15

Deadlifts 3 x 12-15
Chinups 3 x 12-15

Bench Press 3 x 12-15
Military Press 3 x 12-15

Bicycle Crunches 3 x Failure
Reverse Crunches 3 x Failure

Once you get your form down (Maybe one or two weeks into training) I would reduce your repititions to 8-12 (For mass) or 1-6 (For Strength). Don't forget to change your routine frequently.

Eat a lot, and eat right. In order 2 add muscle you will need an excess of calories. If you gain some fat, so be it. You can loose that later. You can't cut and bulk at the same time

Originally posted by ToxicAvenger
Eat a lot, and eat right. In order 2 add muscle you will need an excess of calories. If you gain some fat, so be it. You can loose that later. You can't cut and bulk at the same time

Usually this is true. However, when one first starts lifting there is a decent change that someone can lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously. Even under normal circumstances, it seems possible to lose fat and gain muscle, but you have to manipulate your diet and training perfectly.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. I'm going to start that routine Cowpimp, thanks.

And I am a pac fan gr81.

-Mike

Back