• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

The Quest for Abs

Cool plan Babe! Good luck!!! :thumb: :D How r u otherwise??? :)

Hey sexy!!

Oh hi Cyndi, sorry, I was talking to Gary... :funny:

GW-I'm looking forward to those changes, brotha! I'm just working on building a good foundation!

Cyndi - Thanks!! Otherwise, I've been SWAMPED. Summer school exams, extra hours at work...you name it, it's there! How are you doing?? New avatar is nice!! :D

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday...my nutrition was basically...cals 2326 (target 2324), 23/58/19 macro ratios (target 25/60/15), daily score 89.93%. Didn't have a chance to get to the gym so I'm going tomorrow to work Chest, Shoulders, Tris, and Abs, and Friday to work Legs, Back, and Bis!! :thumb:

6/9/04 Nutrition:
2294 cals (2324 target)
24/61/15 (25/60/15 target)
95.37% grade!

Meal 1:
2/3 cups Oatmeal
0.9 cups Grape Nuts
1 Tbsp Natty PB

Meal 2:
Myoplex
0.5 tbsp EFA
1 cup skim milk

Meal 3:
0.5 scoop Protein Powder
1 cup skim milk
0.5 tbsp EFA

Meal 4:
1/2 chicken breast
1/2 cup black beans
1.5 cups rice
1.25 cups veggies

Meal 5:
1 cup skim milk
0.75 cup Oatmeal
0.5 cup Cheerios

Notes:
100 oz water, vitamins, will eventually switch Meals 3 & 5

Here's some info off of the website to better explain how this works. I'm definitely giving it a shot. Weight training only in conditioning, then the addition of cardio to the weight training in fat burning. Note the quotation marks so I don't get sued or something!! That'd be my luck these days! :laugh:

Take care my friends!!!

E

"Conditioning Phase

The Conditioning Phase is NOT a weight loss phase. However, you may in fact lose a few pounds during this phase as your body adjusts to your improved eating pattern and sheds some excess fluid. For the most part, expect your weight to remain relatively constant during the Conditioning Phase or to actually go up a pound or two. This is absolutely normal and expected.

The Conditioning Phase generally makes or breaks people. It requires your complete faith and confidence that this program will work. Remember, we back this program up with a 100% money back guarantee. We know it works long term, if you stay with it. But we also realize it's difficult to diet for weeks at a time and see no results, but this is a critically important part of this program. Think of the Conditioning Phase as if you were building a house. Before the frame goes up you must first dig a foundation to build your house upon. No foundation, no stability. Conditioning your metabolism to burn fat is the same concept and is unique to the PT program. The better you condition your body and speed up your metabolism during this phase, the easier the pounds will peel off during the Fat Burning Phase.

For all but the LAST week, your 'Diet Score' in this phase is not a pass/fail. This is your time to practice and get ready for the Fat Burning Phase. The higher your weekly scores in the Conditioning Phase, the better you'll do in the Fat Burning Phase. Your goal here is to be scoring in the B+ to A+ range for the majority of the Conditioning Phase. The last week of the Conditioning Phase IS a pass/fail week. Think of the last week as final exams to prove your ready to graduate to the Fat Burning Phase. You must score a 6 day (Mon-Sat) averaged score of 90 or better to activate the Fat Burning module. If you fail, the program will make you repeat the week until you pass.

Fat Burning Phase

It's finally time to go to work. From this point on you must be at your absolute best from a dieting standpoint. Your daily 'Diet Score' is now a pass/fail mechanism. You must score a six day averaged score of 90 (A-) or better to advance to the next week.

In this final phase, we will start to rotate calories in and out of your diet on a daily basis and begin the process of burning stored body fat. The rotation will be 6/4/2/0/6/4. All that means is that Monday we will cut 600 calories from your diet (primarily carbs), Tuesday we cut only 400, Wednesday just 200 and Thursday is a full day of calories. Friday we start the process over again and cut 600, Saturday only 400 and Sunday is a full day of calories again.

This same rotation will be repeated each week for the duration of the Fat Burning Phase. Every fourth week we will drop your entire scale down 200 calories to give your metabolism a little jolt and keep it burning fat. For example, if your full day is 2,600 calories, on Monday of your fourth week of Fat Burning, your 'high' day will drop down to 2,400 calories and the 6/4/2/0/ scale will start from 2,400 calories.

This is why we will only do a maximum of 12 weeks of Fat Burning before terminating the program. We have to avoid triggering the 'starvation' response from your body by not allowing your caloric intake to fall below a certain level for a sustained period.

Your goal is a fat loss of two pounds per week. That might not sound like much but remember this; one pound of fat by volume takes up five times as much space as a pound of muscle. So losing ten or more pounds of fat makes an enormous difference in your physical appearance. And realistically, burning two pounds of fat per week is about as fast as you can go.

You might indeed lose more than that, especially in the early stages of the Fat Burning process. However, most of those additional pounds will fluid that your body is getting rid of.

Sunday is a reward day. If you pass for the week and hit your two-pound weight loss goal you can relax your diet a bit for the day. Keep in mind, our idea of 'relaxed' means no worse than a 'B' diet score. If you need to do a second rotation (or more) to achieve your ultimate target weight, take a few weeks off to relax, enjoy, and reward yourself a bit. Then recharge your metabolism by starting another PT program and begin the process of conditioning your body once again. Having experienced the process once, you'll find your body will respond even better and faster the second time around."

Morning Hun!! :wave:

I have been good.. very busy too and a little stressed. I am buying a townhouse! VERY EXPENSIVE!! :eek: But I am excited!

Your diet is looking great!! Keep up the good work! :thumb:

Thanks about the avatar.. Have a great day Sweetie! :)

:eek:

Plan sounds like a good one , sounds like carb cycling that a lot of people here do. I've always had good luck with just basic calorie reduction but may try the cycling closer to my 50th if my progress isn't to my liking.

Hey guys! What a crazy week! I'm glad it's finally winding down. I've stuck to my nutrition plan though. I didn't get to post yesterday but ended up at 2296 cals (2324 target), 24/60/16 macro ratios (25/60/15) target, for a grade of 92.67%! All divided over 5 meals of course.

Today's nutrtion was:

2292 cals
25/61/14
94.28% grade

Meal 1:
Grape Nuts
Oatmeal
Natty PB

Meal 2:
Myoplex
Skim Milk
EFA

Meal 3:
Rice
Chicken
Mixed veggies

Meal 4:
Oatmeal
Grape Nuts
Natty PB

Meal 5:
Protein Powder
Skim Milk
EFA

Notes:
100 oz water, vitamins

The bad news is that with everything that's gone on this week, I've only made it to the gym one freakin time! That will change this coming week since everything is settling down now. We've had people out sick at work (more hours for yours truly), exams at school, etc... I'm looking forward to getting back in there and getting fired up about lifting!!

Catch ya later!

E

Cyndi - That's great about the town house!! When do you expect everything to be finalized??

G-Dub - You seem to be doing great with what you're doing, man! The bulking followed by the general calorie reduction to cut! I'm really just giving this a shot because it's something I'll stick to being as cut and dried as it is. I think it's the whole getting a grade thing. Really makes it black and white and keeps me from second guessing what I'm doing constantly and ultimately quitting! I've always had a problem with that vicious cycle!! :crazy:

See you guys! :thumb:

Hey gang!

Saturday was a great day nutrition wise. I obtained a 97.78% grade spread out over 5 feedings, 2277 cals (2324 target), 24/60/16 macronutrient ratio (25/60/15 target).

Sunday was free day so it was quite a bit more relaxed. I think I'm going to start even cleaning up the free days quite a bit because it feels like some serious water retention takes place when I let loose.

This week starts my second week in conditioning phase. My target cals for each day go up to 2524 with the macronutrient ratios staying at 25/60/15.

I'm going to hit the gym 3 times this week doing one of the BFFM workouts. Day 1 - Chest, shoulders, tris, abs; Day 2 rest, Day 3 - Legs, Back, Bis, Calves, Day 4 - rest - Day 5 - Same as 1 (next week, Days 1 & 3 will trade bodyparts with Day 2). Anybody think that this is a decent workout to get back in the swing of things? I think part of my problem is that there's SO MANY friggin options on workouts, the whole paralysis by analysis thing! I think I'll just commit to this one through conditioning and see where it gets me. I'll start really tracking changes in weights lifted and body measurements! :thumb:

PS - I wonder why using a journal at the gym is so rare, I almost NEVER see anybody using something to track their workouts any more. Anybody else noticed this?? I feel like a dork when I'm in there with a little flip spiral and pen!! :laugh: I just can't remember what I lifted by the time I get home!

Take care all!

E

Mavs said:
Cyndi - That's great about the town house!! When do you expect everything to be finalized??

See you guys! :thumb:
Hey there Mavs!! I haven't been online much this weekend! Anyway.. I am hoping to close middle of July and move in slowly over a month or so.. my current lease is up middle of August. I am excited, but NOT looking forward to the actual moving. :rolleyes: :barf: Moving is soo aggravating.

How was your weekend?

IML Gear Cream!
Mavs said:
Hey gang!

Saturday was a great day nutrition wise. I obtained a 97.78% grade spread out over 5 feedings, 2277 cals (2324 target), 24/60/16 macronutrient ratio (25/60/15 target).

Sunday was free day so it was quite a bit more relaxed. I think I'm going to start even cleaning up the free days quite a bit because it feels like some serious water retention takes place when I let loose.

This week starts my second week in conditioning phase. My target cals for each day go up to 2524 with the macronutrient ratios staying at 25/60/15.

I'm going to hit the gym 3 times this week doing one of the BFFM workouts. Day 1 - Chest, shoulders, tris, abs; Day 2 rest, Day 3 - Legs, Back, Bis, Calves, Day 4 - rest - Day 5 - Same as 1 (next week, Days 1 & 3 will trade bodyparts with Day 2). Anybody think that this is a decent workout to get back in the swing of things? I think part of my problem is that there's SO MANY friggin options on workouts, the whole paralysis by analysis thing! I think I'll just commit to this one through conditioning and see where it gets me. I'll start really tracking changes in weights lifted and body measurements! :thumb:

PS - I wonder why using a journal at the gym is so rare, I almost NEVER see anybody using something to track their workouts any more. Anybody else noticed this?? I feel like a dork when I'm in there with a little flip spiral and pen!! :laugh: I just can't remember what I lifted by the time I get home!

Take care all!

E
Your choice of workouts sounds good. You can always change later if there is something about it that doesn't work for you.

As far as the journal goes i would never leave home without it . Just curious, do the people who ar not using a journal look like they workout ? Not using a journal , to me , is like not having a plan or a goal. How can you get to where you want to be if you don't know where you are going or how to get there..
Just my .02

Good luck on cleaning up the free day ! It shouldn't be too hard for you to do .

Cyndi - I hear ya! Moving sucks big ones indeed! It'll be so cool when you're done though! Weekend was great! Went and saw The Chronicles of Riddick Saturday night...pretty good flick! What did you end up doing? Some packing?? ;)

Gary - You know, you're right on the money. The people working out with no sign of a journal don't seem to have a all together physique! There are those who come in and work chest and nothing else! Looks kind of funny. I saw a guy yesterday though who was writing his workout down and he had some serious muscle mass! No gut either! I do feel kind of lost without logging it somehow. Especially in relation to my previous working of that particular muscle group!

6/14/04:

Nutrition:

2517 cals (2524 target)
26/60/15 macros (25/60/15 target)
96.86% grade

Meal 1:
Oatmeal
Grape Nuts
0.5 Tbsp Natty PB

Meal 2:
Myoplex
Skim Milk
0.5 TBSP EFA

Meal 3:
Pasta
Lean ground beef
Mushrooms

Meal 4:
Oatmeal
Cheerios
Grape Nuts
0.5 tbsp Natty PB

Meal 5:
Protein Powder
Skim Milk
0.25 tbsp EFA

Notes:
120 oz water, vitamins

Workout:

Dumbbell BP: 40x12, 45x8, 50x6, 50x6
Incline DB Flyes: 25x8, 25x8, 25x8

DB Shoulder Press: 25x10, 30x6, 30x6
Side Laterals: 10x12, 15x8, 15x8

Close Grip BP: 75x12, 95x8, 95x6
Pressdowns: 50x12, 70x9, 70x9

Cable Crunches: 50x20, 70x15, 70x15
Swiss Ball Crunches: 12,12,12

6/15/04

Nutrition:

2436 cals (2524 target)
26/60/14 macros (25/60/15 target)
97.01% grade (A+ baby! :thumb:)

Meal 1:
Oatmeal
Grape Nuts
Natty PB

Meal 2:
Myoplex
Skim Milk
EFAs
Cheerios

Meal 3:
Rice
Lean Brisket
Spicy Garlic Sauce
Green Beans

Meal 4:
Oatmeal
Grape Nuts
Natty PB

Meal 5:
Protein Powder
Skim Milk
EFAs

Notes:
120 oz water, vitamins, starting to include No-Salt, it ups the potassium while dropping the sodium. Awesome product!!

Take care gang!!

I agree Gary! Great job Mavs! So disciplined.... :whip:

Thanks guys!!

Gary - No doubt! It's really taken quite a bit of work to get the eating down pat. I think I'm pretty much falling into a routine with it now so that really helps! I'm going to hit the gym tomorrow and Friday :lifter: Oh, did I read that you're taking a week off of work to relax a bit?

Cyndi - Thanks!! By the way...there's just something about you with a whip in that little outfit in your avat...Oh sorry!...there goes my lack of inner-monologue again :D hehehehe You having a good week so far?

6/16/04 Nutrition:

2492 cals (2524 target)
24/61/15 macros (25/60/15 target)
97.14% grade

Meal 1:
Oatmeal
Grape Nuts
Natty PB

Meal 2:
Skim Milk
Myoplex
EFA
Cheerios

Meal 3:
Rice
Lean Turkey Sausage
Green Beans/Onions

Meal 4:
Oatmeal
Grape Nuts
Natty PB

Meal 5:
Skim Milk
Protein Powder
EFA

Notes:
100 oz Water, vitamins

Yup.. my week is going pretty well... it's really hot and humid here. I had the best leg wo yesterday.. I almost :barf: :thumb:

You like the whip? Here you go hun.... :whip: :whip: ;)

Harder Cyndi! Harder...Harder! :lol: Hot and humid huh? Where do you live pray tell? It's pretty hot and humid down here in ole Tejas as well. Got up to 94 today! :hot:

The workouts are going better this week Gary except for a snag I hit today. I was squatting and tweaked my left lower back. It's an old injury that acts up occasionally. It's that nerve that goes from the lower back and wraps around the side to the front of the upper leg...ouch!! So I just came home and have been stretching it out. I'm going back tomorrow to hit legs, back, bis, and calves. Then I will have hit all muscle groups this week. I'm actually still sore in my pecs and tris from my workout earlier this week! :thumb:

6/17/04 Nutrition:

2524 cals (2524 target)
24/61/15 macros (25/60/15 target)
98.04% (gettin better!!)

Meal 1:
Oatmeal
Grape Nuts
Natty PB

Meal 2:
Myoplex
Skim Milk
EFA
Cheerios

Meal 3:
Rice
Chicken
Mushrooms
Cabbage

Meal 4:
Oatmeal
Grape Nuts
Natty PB

Meal 5:
Skim Milk
Protein Powder
EFA

Notes:
100 oz water, vitamins

IML Gear Cream!
OUCH !!!!!!!! watch that back. I have a pinched nerve in my lower right back and I do not have 100 % control oh my right leg. Sometimes I feel kind of numb clear down to my big toe ! Been to doc and chiro , nobody seems to be able to help but it is not nearly as bad as it was when it happened a few years ago. Part of the reason i can't/don't/won't squat any heavier than I do.
98.04% (gettin better!!)
Man you can't get much better !

time for an update on stats ?

Oops! I forgot to leave the "Gone For Vacation" note on the door! Just got back into town this afternoon. Felt GREAT to get the hell outta Dodge with some friends for a while though! Man, I swear I could live on the coast...it's so friggin relaxing!

I did keep up with my eating fairly decent though! Played some BBall and did some running. Did some reading on BFFM as well. Also read some articles and stuff by Shawn LeBrun. Good stuff! Anyways, hitting the gym with full-force on Monday. I think the break from everything this past week really helped me re-focus! I'm going to stick closer to 40/40/20 or 50/40/10 macro ratios now while keeping cals around bodyweightx12 with an occasional spike up to bodyweightx15 to mix it up. My thing is that I want to see results NOW. While I think it's an awesome strategy, I'm not patient enough for the whole 6 week conditioning thing. :lol: So the plan is to take measurements in 2 weeks following my new regime.

6/24/04 Nutrition:

1898 cals
41/40/19 macros

Meal 1:
Oatmeal
Grape Nuts
Natty PB

Meal 2:
Myoplex
Skim Milk
EFA

Meal 3:
Rice
Chicken
Spinach

Meal 4:
Egg Beaters
Salsa
Peppers

Meal 5:
FF Cottage Chz
Protein Powder
Fiber One
Natty PB

Notes:
100 oz water, vitamins

How's everyone been by the way??????

Later gators!!

Hey Mavs.. glad you enjoyed your vacation!! :thumb: :D HAve a great weeekend Hun!

:wave: Did everyone have a good weekend??

Don't you just looooove the rat race, Gary?? :headbang: :lol:

The toughest part about vacation is coming back!

6/28/04:

Meal 1:
Oatmeal and natty PB

Meal 2:
chicken and lettuce/tomatoes

Meal 3:
Lean ground beef, rice, green beans

Meal 4:
Myoplex, skim milk, EFA

Meal 5:
Protein, skim milk, EFA

Notes:
100 oz water, vitamins

Workout:
30 min HIIT on the bike! (4 min warm-up, 4 min cool-down)

Back