• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Calorie help

TGame

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Im trying to bulk up, cause I'm 5' 10 and weigh only about 135 lbs
and about 12 % BF.

Im confused about how many calories I should be eating on a daily basis. Currently Im eating around 2100-2200 calories a day.

I do weight training 5 days a week (fullbody on M, W, and F. for about 40 minutes and Abs on T and TH for about 25 minutes) and Cardio for about 45-50 minutes 6 days a week.

I'm assuming your a guy................

I'd go up to about 3500 a day (try to keep it clean though) and ditch the cardio all together. You'll probably have to increase from 3500 to, but that would be a start.

Good Luck!

Tgame:

I agree with NCgirl, but I would add that maybe you should change things up and work each body part once/week along with decreasing cardio to maybe 2-3x/week for around 15-20 minutes. You are going to have a very hard time bulking when you are only consuming 2200 cals/day and doing that much cardio. Try to get 200-250 g protein, 350-450 g of clean carbs, and 60-80 grams fat per day (mostly from EFA's). You can adjust from there, but it seems that you are probably a hardgainer that needs a considerable amount of calories to gain weight.

Im not really a hardgainer, I was just overweight before and lost track of how much I weighed and ended up losing too much and now need to gain some of it back. So you think 3500 may be a little high?

Oh, well in that case, maybe try a little less. And also, try to increase gradually, maybe go to like 2300 for a few days, then 2400, then 2500, etc. up to maybe 3000. If you feel you are putting on too much fat or gaining too quickly, simply stay at your current calorie level until you plateau. My preference for staying lean while gaining is about 50% protein, 25% carbs, and 25% fat. Give that a shot if you wish, but either way, increase your calories a bit and slightly decrease, but don't eliminate, cardio

Back