• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Beans!!!

OMNIFEX

OBSESSED WITH DEFINITION
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey :bounce2:

I'm Jamaican, and, Dominican, so, Rice And
Peas/Beans And Rice is a big part of my heritage.

I've never read anything purtaining to Beans, and, was
wondering if beans are good source of nutrition,
considering I workout.

Thanks!

beans are a great source of complex carbohydrates and fiber

Thanks LAM!

:fart: :thumb:

and i love beans, black beans and rice simple and chalk full of carbs, fiber and protein

AWSOME!!!!

Thanks guys!

My supermarket is offering Campbells Pork N Beans,
two for $0.89

I'll probably buy 20 cans, and eat them as a snack.

Thanks Again.

Oh, and, I'll keep the fan on exhaust to keep
the house aroma free JLB001 :D

Ummm those Pork & Beans are not very healthy. I believe everyone here is talking about plain Kidney Beans, Navy Beans etc etc. Not BBQ beans. Those have alot of added sugar and not to mention that the pork in is is Fat back - A nice big chunk of Pig Fat. :shake:

Jodi said:
Ummm those Pork & Beans are not very healthy. I believe everyone here is talking about plain Kidney Beans, Navy Beans etc etc. Not BBQ beans. Those have alot of added sugar and not to mention that the pork in is is Fat back - A nice big chunk of Pig Fat. :shake:
ditto...

baked beans in a can are also very high in the Insulin Index

IML Gear Cream!
stick with regular beans, none of those pork and beans or thos bbq baked beans. Stick with the basics, black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, black eyed peas and such, look at the ingredients you don't need any added sugar in them

Thanks Everyone!

Beans can't be beat as a low-GI carbohydrate source, IMO. They're lower on the GI than every grain except barley (supposedly canned beans are higher GI than the home-cooked kind, however). They supply more fiber per serving than any other food, and most of that is soluble fiber. And even though we think of them as a complex carbohydrate, about 20-25% of their calories come from protein. That may not seem like much compared to typical protein foods, and it's true that legume protein has one of the lowest BV's around (it's lacking in sulfur-containing aminos), but I think replacing some of the grains, potatoes, and yams in the typical bodybuilding diet with beans would significantly up the protein totals. And of course, bean protein is a lot cheaper per gram than any other source.

By the way, anyone ever heard of resistant starch? Check out this link:

http://www.news.uiuc.edu/scitips/01/02legume.html

Back