• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

whey protein with IGF-1

nebraskawrestle

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i just bought some whey protein with IGF-1 in it b/c one of my friends recommended it. he thought really highly of the stuff and since he is smart (ivy leaguer) and pretty huge i went with what he said.

was wondering if anbody knew what IGF-1 does?

the igf-1 in the protein powder will do nothing for you. the oral bioavailability is almost nill so unless your injecting the stuff don't expect anything. if the protein is whey or a decent blend, you should be good to go though:thumb: . also, i don't consider being an ivy leaguer and huge good credentials for sports nutrition advice. he could very well know very little when it comes to these topics.

he sent me some studies that support his point of view, and i remember reading that the bioavailability of the IGF was 50-25% even after going throught the digestive tract.

if you don't consider those good credentials, then what else would u judge someone on. he is smart and been pretty successful when it comes to lifting

nebraskawrestle said:
the bioavailability of the IGF was 50-25% even after going throught the digestive tract.
that is not even close to accurate...

well then, this fall i will be going to skidmore college (a fairly selective college) and if i enrole in the engineering program i will also spend some of my college years at dartmouth university (an ivy league indeed). i am also considerably muscular (a classic mesmomorph who can simply look at a weight and gain ten pounds of muscle and lose body fat). i'd be playing d1 ball on a scholarship if i wasn't 5' 10". does this suddenly give me infinite knowledge in the world of sports nutrition? i think not. i have, however, been studying sports nutrition for over three years and happen to memorize most of the articles i read. this does give me a keen advantage over your chum who, according to my knowledge and assumptions, only has the previous (intelligence and a muscular physique). i know i am being a major dick and don't mean to insult you or your friend. i am only trying to prove a point and broaden your horizons. ;)

Rotflmao

that is not even close to accurate...

Wow, this is the most stupid post I have ever read, sorry but the guys are 100% correct. Not even possible, Protein powder with IGF OMG. If you want to drink it good luck, sure protein powder is good while training but what your bro told you is wrong so wrong. What???s next? Shampoo with Deca in it? Read, listen and learn. The folks on this board know what???s they are talking about.

Actually, all whey products contain traces of IGF-1 in them. SO I doubt this brand of protein has any more than any other protein.

Back