• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Products that suppress the Thyroid!?!?

billytk1

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Does Ephedra and simialiar products suppress the Thyroid!?!?

I am just curious if there is any connection to Ephedra products (Clenbutrex especially) messing up the bodies natural thyroid production.

I have been taking some sort of Ephedra based product for the past 2-3 years for fat burning/ pre workout purposes (just recently stopped about 2months ago when I switched from Clenbutrex to Redline)............ This may be coincidental but I am very curious about this correlation, I started using Clenbutrex about 6 months ago and had amazing response as far as energy levels and workout performance but found myself with major insomnia, but still continued to use the product...... Now during this time I noticed that along with the insomnia still continuing to persis my hair also started to thin (no balding, no recession, only all over thinning, I still look like I have a full head of hair but, I know that the hair thickness has reduced and become more dryer feeling) Now due to these effects I decided to quit Clenbutrex and went through a horrible withdrawl, my energy levels sucked, I felt depressed for the first time in my life with no reason to feel that way, I felt uninspired to work out, still had insomnia, etc....... I recently as stated earlier switched to Redline and for the most part it is working out for me pretty good, but to get back to the problems I was dealing with..... I mimic thyroid like disorder symptons even though my thyroid tests came back apparantly normal. Has anyone else experienced anything like this or have any feedback on ephedra and thyroid suppression.? anyways now to counteract this, I am thinking of starting a thyroid drug like cytomel or armour and see If can jump start my thyroid again and energy levels back to normal.........

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if long-term use of Ephedra created your problem. I feel the "withdrawl" effects even after a few weeks of use. If your thyroid tests came back normal, why do you think you have a thyroid problem? A much more common problem from CNS stimulant use/abuse would be a lowered level of seratonin and other neurotransmitters that produce the feeling of weel-being that Ephedra alkaloids were doing artifically for a long period. I personally think adding a thyroid stim to your problems would only make things worse in the long run.

I would first get off all stims, including Redline, caffeine, etc. You need to get your body to start producing it's own chemicals again. It's just like coming off a AAS or PH cycle. I would take sizable doses of St. Johns Wort, 5-HTP, 7-keto DHEA, and tyrosine, and possibly some Phenibut or Kava to help you sleep.

It will take a while to get back to normal--think about how long you essentially programmed your body to require stims. But if you don't allow yourself to "Reset" so to speak, you're problems will only worsen.

I ordered some Cytomel T3 (cynomel) tonight from a mexican pharmacy. Im gonna give that a shot and see what happens!

Uhh... thats just going to fuck up your thyroid even more.

I took T3 and I never really got shutdown I don't think. I have been off for 3 weeks and eating like a pig without gaining a pound. I lost a bunch on it, though.

hair thining is usually related to stress. Long term of ephedra use will put your body in to stress mode thats why u should always take stimulants with breaks. I've been on ephedra for 5 years before the ban with no problems. One thing I did was take ephedra every other day. You should not take ephedra during days when you go to the gym, only the days you are off and you will be fine. You can also take it 5 days a week and give your body 2 days of rest. Some people take it for a month and than take 5 days off. Most important things to do while on ephedra is to stay hydrated, take good multi vit/min supplement and make sure that u eat at least 3-5 times a day (small meals). Heavy workout places your body into stress mode also. Thats why you have to keep your body hydrated and nutritionally balanced by taking good vitamins /minerals.

Dale Mabry said:
I took T3 and I never really got shutdown I don't think. I have been off for 3 weeks and eating like a pig without gaining a pound. I lost a bunch on it, though.
Although shutdown is a more common occurence from T3, some actually get a "rebound effect," going about 50-100% higher than normal after a week or two of coming off. You may be one of those lucky people.

I read that T3 drugs such as Cytomel and Armour actually dont suppress or stop the thyroid when coming off.......... so which is true.......?????????

to Daniel600x or anyone that knows- is there a documented correlation to hair thinning and ephedra use???????????????

gopro said:
Although shutdown is a more common occurence from T3, some actually get a "rebound effect," going about 50-100% higher than normal after a week or two of coming off. You may be one of those lucky people.

Sweet GP, I never knew that. Do you have any reference to this? This intrigues me. I imagine it could be because once you stop your body recognizes no T3 and pumps it out like a mofo.

I am still staving off the fat very easily.

billytk1 said:
I ordered some Cytomel T3 (cynomel) tonight from a mexican pharmacy. Im gonna give that a shot and see what happens!
I actually think Brodus gave you some good info. I think your problem may have come from prolonged use. Adding to it will only make it worse. You need to give your body a break. Negative feedback in the thyroid may decrease natural levels of T3 in the body, causing a decrease of metabolic rate after coming off a cycle of T3. That can cause a rebound effect during which a lot of weight is gained back. As with insulin, misuse of this compound can leave you dependent on exogenous T3 for the rest of your life

IML Gear Cream!
Dale Mabry said:
Sweet GP, I never knew that. Do you have any reference to this? This intrigues me. I imagine it could be because once you stop your body recognizes no T3 and pumps it out like a mofo.

I am still staving off the fat very easily.
The "references" I have seen to this have been from bloodwork done by a couple of very well known DRUG PROTOCOL EXPERTS that I speak to regularly (the guys that put together the entire drug regimens for IFBB pros). This effect does not happen with everyone, but it DOES for MANY...I believe you are one b/c what you describe is exactly what others do who get this "rebound."

Sweet deal then. I should get some bloodwork done here ASAP. Plus, if my bloodwork shows low T3, I could prolly get a script so it is a win-win situation. :D

T3 is also more likely to burn muscle than fat in lean users

This is reason enough to avoid it IMO, thanks DG

topolo said:
T3 is also more likely to burn muscle than fat in lean users

This is reason enough to avoid it IMO, thanks DG
T3 should ALWAYS be combined with an anabolic of some kind, and then you will end up building MORE muscle, not less.

gopro said:
T3 should ALWAYS be combined with an anabolic of some kind, and then you will end up building MORE muscle, not less.

would a potent ph be enough gp, or would one need real gear?

definately real gear...t3 will eat your muscles up without a good bit of gear backing it up

topolo said:
would a potent ph be enough gp, or would one need real gear?
With something like a M 1-T/4-AD stack you would be in a potent enough area for this effect.

Also, remember, while larger doses of thyroid can be lean tissue wasting, smaller doses can be anabolic as heck to muscle. Thyroid increases creatine transport, ATP, and receptor site sensitivity to GH, IGF-1 and 2.

I would think M1T with a dash of thyroid would be a hella cutting stack. The headacnes might be a bit extreme. I never got em on T3, but after 2 weeks on M1T, I start to get nasty HAs.

Dale Mabry said:
I would think M1T with a dash of thyroid would be a hella cutting stack. The headacnes might be a bit extreme. I never got em on T3, but after 2 weeks on M1T, I start to get nasty HAs.
Headaches come from increased blood pressure. Take some supps like hawthorne berry to combat this.

IML Gear Cream!
I was, didn't help. Funny thing was it seemed that test actually dropped my BP, M1T made it unbearable the 2nd time around.

Never got a headache from M 1-t, but it makes my stomach always feel full and I rarely want to eat...excellent for dieting phases I guess!

Yeah, it is in my multi. I think if you have BP problems they are not gonna get better no matter what you do if you use gear.

Back