• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Get Stronger By NOT Lifting the Weight

Saturday Fever

Pimp Gimp
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Here's a little idea you can use to help get your bench (or any lift really) over one of those annoying temporary plateaus.

We'll use bench for this example. Load the bar with 120-140% of your 1RM. You will need a spotter. Lower the negative to about 4" of your chest. At this point, stop descending and fight to get the bar up. It won't go up, naturally, in fact it will freeze and then eventually descend the rest of the way to your chest.

The idea is to fight the weight as long as you can until it touches down on your chest. It's something I like to call "ghetto isometrics." Quite effective, however.

Static contraction training

Its better to hold it about 4" from the top of your reach

better to prevent injurys...

myCATpowerlifts said:
Its better to hold it about 4" from the top of your reach
Which only hits triceps, i.e. a lockout press in a rack.

There's some interesting stuff coming out (theories) about how eccentric training destroys more Type IIb fibers (replacing them with IIc) , which can be detrimental to strength/power...and how failure can actually lead to a trend in failing at lifts due to the effect it has on the golgi organ. I dont know too much about it, but it may be something to think about before deciding how often to train this way. Not criticizing...just bringing up another side to it.

myCATpowerlifts said:
Every inch of the bench works your chest
except when completely locked out....
Depends if your benching correctly or not! More tri's, less chest.

Your chest??????????

If you bench properly, with your shoulder and traps pulled back tight, your shoulders should not rotate forward AT ALL. If the shoulders don't rotate, the chest won't contract. And that's the way it should be.

If you want to work lockout, do lockout work.

Var, where are you reading those theories?

Sounds interesting. I might give it a try during shock week some time.

Back