Do You Plan Your Diet?

View Poll Results: Do You Plan Your Diet?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always. If I want to succeed, I must be anal.

31 46.97%
  • Most of the time. It's important, but nobodys perfect.

23 34.85%
  • Half the time. Busy.

9 13.64%
  • Rarely-Never. I'm too busy to plan!

3 4.55%
    Badass always bulking

Rep Points

Do You Plan Your Diet?

I have been doing this for a while, and I know I will probably get flamed for this, but thats just the way it is. I have only rarely planned my diet.
    Who has time? (Or- who makes time?) Fortunately for me, it doesnt really matter what I eat. I just have to make sure I eat enough.

Curious
    Pierzin
    BB is my religion. There's no doubt, I'm one of the devout.

Rep Points

I pretty much plan mine out. In fact it's a habit now, and feels unnatural if I don't. It's when I don't plan (like on weekends) that it can all go wrong, or I have to be particularly careful. I use fitday.com to log and plan my daily menu, as well as record exercise, body measurement changes, etc. It really does help.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Always plan mine out
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Rep Points

Everyday..... I pack my meals the night before and I always keep spare things like protein, cans of tuna, oats, fiber one, fish oil and sesathin in my drawer at work in case of emergency.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi
    Everyday..... I pack my meals the night before and I always keep spare things like protein, cans of tuna, oats, fiber one, fish oil and sesathin in my drawer at work in case of emergency.
    I prepare meals ahead too. And my cubicle looks like a grocery store.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

ditto...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

I read it someplace.

Rep Points

I voted "most of the time" because I don't exactly always plan my day out meal by meal. However, I always have cooked chicken and cans of tuna and veggies about, and I have a good selection of "old reliables" that I can drop into any slot.

So I pretty much know how much I should be eating at a given meal, but if I have the option, I like to be able to choose at the time what exactly I will eat.

Back to reality

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Akateros

So I pretty much know how much I should be eating at a given meal, but if I have the option, I like to be able to choose at the time what exactly I will eat.
    Me too

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

I usually think about 2 meals ahead, but I don't plan out each day ahead of time. Of course, I eat the same thing for breakfast and my last meal of the day pretty much every day.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi
    Me too. I always get looks every morning I take my big cooler with the day's meals into work every morning. Maybe they're just checking me out though since I'm so dang sexy . J/K, but seriously I do get lots of funny looks from people though, but it's worth it.

MP Minister of Pain!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzU
    Me too. I always get looks every morning I take my big cooler with the day's meals into work every morning. Maybe they're just checking me out though since I'm so dang sexy . J/K, but seriously I do get lots of funny looks from people though, but it's worth it.
    Same here...speaking of.....I must go cook for my high carb day w00t.
    "Only in dictionaries does SUCCESS come before WORK." -Alfred K. Henderson

Today I do what others will not so that tomorrow I can do what others cannot!

Sackin' up every day

Rep Points

i have 5 of my six meals planned for tomorrow, don't know if i'm goin out or not on friday night, i cook everything the night before and pack them in handy dandy containers for later consumption
    -Sack Up-

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?" Pink Floyd, Another Brick in the Wall

Sackin' up every day

Rep Points

i just like it that way because i hate it when i run out of options or time at work and i'm stucking eating a can of tuna with some brown rice, even though it ain't that bad, i like to get a little more extravagent with it therefore i plan ahead and make ahead
    -Sack Up-

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?" Pink Floyd, Another Brick in the Wall

Cutting sucks.

Rep Points

sort of. i have certain meals that i can choose from. i just remember to eat 500 calories every 2.5 hours from 8 am to 10 pm and im good to go
    cutting sucks.

Badass always bulking

Rep Points

Wow, now this can't be real! Who else out there hardly ever plans their meals out? I know you're out there! But really, serioiusly folks, or am I the only one???
    Man I got to change that, so I can at least say half the time.
    BB is my religion. There's no doubt, I'm one of the devout.

╔═╬═╝

Rep Points

You gotta change that

Rep Points

As of lately Ive been cooking my meals for the day in between my 1st and second meal. Im so bad at the whole cooking thing that it takes me almost 3 hours to make like 4 other meals.
    Kevin

"If you eat alot and workout hard and consistantly you will make good gains"

training DC style!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I have changed my diet up somewhat. I made Princes protein bars, so now I alternate those every other morning with a protein shake. One morning I have a shake, the next I have a bar. I made a double batch, so they are nice and thick.
    There's a tip for the planning challenged.
    Determined.
    Eating like a pig gone wild.

Im hungry
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

No I just eat as much as possible
    Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. Abraham Lincoln

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson RIP

Follow @TheUnzippedFly

Rep Points

During school, being on a schedule and all I have eaten the same half pound turkey sandwich, carrots/broccoli, tuna/pb sandwhich every day for two straight years.

It's SOP for me.

Amor Fati

Rep Points

as of right now i am not, just trying to get protein and lots of cals. I've sort of switched over to PL'ing and i'm taking a break from being very strict with diet. You better plan out your meals if you want to see consistent results though.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance but the illusion of knowledge." -Barry Marshall, Nobel Laureate

mmmm weights..

Rep Points

i plan 1 maybe 2 meals out of 6. I Always plan breakfast especially before workouts, and usually the post workout meal is planned. I usually wing the other meals.
    Damn

Lurking

Rep Points

A failure to plan is a plan to fail. But then I have days like ths where I haven't really eaten in 2 days because of stress and illness and I have to wing it otherwise I will spend another day eating nothing. NOT GOOD FOR THE MUSCLES AT ALL!
    When caught between two evils I generally pick the one I've never tried before.-Mae West