• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

wtf did i do

Monolith

OMGWTFBBQ
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Was doing SLDL's today. Had 315 on the bar, was going for my third set. All the previous sets felt fine. So i go to get a grip on the bar, ans my left ring finger hurts like a mofo as soon as i begin to grip the bar tightly. I look at it, and it looks fine... thought i just pinched something. So i grip the bar again, and it still hurts. I say fuck it, and finish my set.

So after i put the bar down, i look at my finger, and the top part of the finger (past the first joint after the knuckle) has all these tiny red blotches on it... and i then notice that if i grip anything, it hurts. Just keeping my hand loose there's no pain, though.

Could this be a stress fracture? Or just some bruising? There's no swelling, but the blotches are still there, about 5 hours later.

Monolith said:
Was doing SLDL's today. Had 315 on the bar, was going for my third set. All the previous sets felt fine. So i go to get a grip on the bar, ans my left ring finger hurts like a mofo as soon as i begin to grip the bar tightly. I look at it, and it looks fine... thought i just pinched something. So i grip the bar again, and it still hurts. I say fuck it, and finish my set.

So after i put the bar down, i look at my finger, and the top part of the finger (past the first joint after the knuckle) has all these tiny red blotches on it... and i then notice that if i grip anything, it hurts. Just keeping my hand loose there's no pain, though.

Could this be a stress fracture? Or just some bruising? There's no swelling, but the blotches are still there, about 5 hours later.
Damn Mono - 315 on SLDL is a lot of weight. Sorry to hear about your finger but I'm glad you didn't jack your back!!!

:thumb:

haha, well i was only doing doubles. :p

Anyway, it's weird today... that part of my finger is discolored, its like shaded slightly red, as if there were a lot of blood right under the surface or something. It still hurts a little bit if i squeeze it compared to my other hand, but i seem to be able to grip things fine with it now (no pain).

:shrug:

maybe you bruised it or pulled something :shrug:

sorry not much help

was the finger totally normal before your SLDL? No possible injury prior to your workout?

If not, it way be a stress fracture as you mentioned or possibly an avulsion fracture. If it hasnt caused you any problems since that day I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it causes you problems again.

If it is a stress fracture, x-rays would show more in several weeks anyway...this is when stress fractures become apparent most of the time since callus formation from bone healing becomes apparent at this time.

Hey, thanks for the replies. Kind of forgot about this thread. ;)

Well the finger feels fine now... the discoloration went away after a couple days. Tomorrow im going to do SLDL's again, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully my finger doesnt just snap in half. :rofl:

Back