• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Training Routine

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
My new training routine I plan to start this week. It's basically MAX-OT with some adjustments I made.

comments welcome. :)

All bodyparts preceded by one warm-up set and one acclimation set; working sets are all 4-6 reps.

Day 1
Back & Biceps

Wide Grip Pull-Downs 3 Sets
Close Grip Pull Downs 2 Sets
Bent Barbell or Seated Cable Rows 3 Sets

Straight Bar or E-Z Curls 2 Sets
Dumbbell Curls 2 Sets

Day 2
Chest & Triceps

Flat Barbell Press 3 Sets
Incline Dumbbell Press 2 Sets
Dips 2 Sets

French Press 2 Sets
Cable Press Downs 2 Sets
Overhead Dumbbell Press 1 Set

Day 3 OFF

Day 4
Legs & Calves

Squats 3 Sets
Leg Press 2 Sets
SLDL 2 Sets
Leg Curls 2 Sets

Calve Raises 4 Sets

Day 5
Shoulders & Traps

Military Press 2 Sets
Dumbbell Press 2 Sets
Side laterals 2 Sets

Barbell Shrugs 3 Sets

Day 6 OFF
Day 7 OFF

Looks good. What type of rep ranges do you plan on using for each exercise, and do you go to failure on all sets?

Ever thought about putting Chest/Back together, seeing they are antagonistic and allow you to use heavy weight even though you are working two larger bodyparts. I enjoy doing this instead of the common Chest/Tri, Back/Bi routine because after a good chest workout, my triceps are usually much weaker and same goes with bi's after a good backworkout. I usually find myself not able to train with as much intensity or weight, if I did arms with say, Shoulders. Just IMO.

Another thing that I find exhausting that you do is on Leg Day, you do Leg Press after Squats (which i find damn near impossible, and cant use as much weight as if I just did Squats until complete failure) and you do Military Press with Dumbell Press (which is such a similar exercise, I would simply switch them up every week, to preserve energy and keep my weights up)

No Deadlifts ?

But those are just my little opinions :) I think the program looks great.

Ever thought about putting Chest/Back together, seeing they are antagonistic and allow you to use heavy weight even though you are working two larger bodyparts.
What does heavy have to do with hypertrophy or bodybuilding?

Well I dunno bout you, but when I head to the gym I'm usually trying to handle more weight than before, even if its a small amount. Working Back and Chest together, I can usually do both and still workout heavy because one doesnt fatigue the other, at least not as much as say working biceps after back, where my biceps wouldnt be able to handle as much weight after a good back workout.

I agree. But the amount you lift really has much less bearing on size than people think.

I understand where your coming from. My main objective is to get fairly strong in all my core lifts, and then when I reach a certain level of strength, I will be able to workout on a more typical bodybuilding approach with higher weights than I would have been able to if I didnt have the added strength.

camarosuper6 said:
Looks good. What type of rep ranges do you plan on using for each exercise, and do you go to failure on all sets?

4-6 reps all exercises/sets. Yeah, I will go to failure on all sets, but I will only do this routine for 3 weeks, then I am going on a vacation for a week.

Ever thought about putting Chest/Back together, seeing they are antagonistic and allow you to use heavy weight even though you are working two larger bodyparts.
I have done that, as well as any other variation you can think of! :) Chest and back are just to much in one work-out for me. I was doing chest/shoulders, back/traps and arms, so this is a change for me.

Another thing that I find exhausting that you do is on Leg Day, you do Leg Press after Squats (which i find damn near impossible, and cant use as much weight as if I just did Squats until complete failure) and you do Military Press with Dumbell Press (which is such a similar exercise, I would simply switch them up every week, to preserve energy and keep my weights up)
Right, I would not typically do this either, all of that is MAX-OT, I did not change much in regards to exercises in the program. I figured I would do it that way for a change.

No Deadlifts ?
Only SLDL's. MAX-OT does include deadlifts, I just do not feel like doing them :)

Gotcha!

Where you going on vac?

You do a warmup and acclimation set before every single movement? How much time do you wait in between the warmup, acclimation, and working sets?

IML Gear Cream!
CowPimp said:
You do a warmup and acclimation set before every single movement? How much time do you wait in between the warmup, acclimation, and working sets?

I changed it...I meant per bodypart.

although on certain exercises I may still do a 10 rep warm-up before the working sets.

Robert DiMaggio said:
I changed it...I meant per bodypart.

although on certain exercises I may still do a 10 rep warm-up before the working sets.
Even so, I'm curious how long you wait in between warmup and acclimation sets?

Also, it seems like you don't do very many sets overall. I thought that I did a low number of sets compared to most people, but I do a bit more than that. Should I perhaps be doing less, or is this just a principle of Max-OT?

Sorry for all the questions, but I know you are very knowledgeable and just wanted to pick your brain a little.

I know Max OT is a pretty low volume routine. High Intensity style training has to be, and MAX OT is based on intensity, not volume.

right, MAX-OT centers around maximum overload, low volume, high intensity, etc.

they recommend 2-3 minutes rest between working sets, not positive on warm-ups, like I said though I am changing it a bit, not going to follow their program to a T.

By high intensity you mean going to failure or near failure on most all working sets?

Sounds like a neat program. Maybe I will give it a shot after I do a couple of cycles of P-RR-S. I need to give it at least one full cycle while I'm bulking before I switch to something else. However, Max-OT seems like it could be interesting.

Back