Use Coupon Code SPOOK25 for 25% Discount!

Strength (yeah it's a lame title)

Sackin' up every day

Rep Points

Strength (yeah it's a lame title)

Does anyone have any certain exercises where they are very strong at as compared to their other lifts. For some reason, i can rack the calf machine, and then some and pile on loads of weight for dips.
    -Sack Up-

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?" Pink Floyd, Another Brick in the Wall

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

everyone has their lift
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

Bench Press. I can only do 215 x 4, yet I can max out at 265. My deadlift is only at 295 x 3, which isn't much in comparison.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

Rep Points

Some people have trouble with the calf machine because it is just so damn awkward and feels unnatural. or your calves may be naturally weak compared to your triceps.

OMGWTFBBQ

Rep Points

I see a ton of kids bouncing shitloads of weight on the calf raise... either theyre bending their knees halfway through the rep, or theyre just bouncing all the weight off their achilles tendon. Of course, almost none of the adults in my gym even work their calves, so i suppose its better than nothing.

Sackin' up every day

Rep Points

nah man the donkey calf machine or whatever it is called i rack the thing, and i have got these chicken legs, no bouncing all a nice and controlled motion, for i am as much a stickler as anyone on proper form.
    -Sack Up-

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?" Pink Floyd, Another Brick in the Wall

on my way to ISSA

Rep Points

I'm really strong on calves (standing, not seated) and dips too.....i would say back and arms are my worst
    Vote Quimby!!

OMGWTFBBQ

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by aztecwolf
    nah man the donkey calf machine or whatever it is called i rack the thing, and i have got these chicken legs, no bouncing all a nice and controlled motion, for i am as much a stickler as anyone on proper form.
    oh, sorry, i wasnt implying thats what you were doing (although i just reread it and it sounds like i am ).

Sackin' up every day

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith
    oh, sorry, i wasnt implying thats what you were doing (although i just reread it and it sounds like i am ).
    it's all good no worries dude

and yeah for some reason it is the calf machines where i am standing or don't have my knees bent, i only have marginal strength in the seated calf raise. And i can almost incline more then i can flat bench too, but my shoulder press is really week
    -Sack Up-

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

My two good lifts are rows and benches I'd say, which are still not spectacular but I've never been stronger. SLDL seem to impress people in the gym along with shrugs, but there are not a lot of strong guys in there that I've seen yet.

For calf work I used something like 375*20 for standing raises last week, the machine goes maybe just under 500 but as I recall (if correct) people have gone to 1k for reps.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by aztecwolf
    I don't work my calves and they are 16.5" unflexed. Good genetics I guess.

As for MY lift, SLDLs. At a weight of 195 I did 405 for sets of 6. I haven't done them in years, I switched to reverse hypers, but I bet I could get 335 for a few right now, which is ok I guess.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Mabry
    I don't work my calves and they are 16.5" unflexed. Good genetics I guess.
    How big are your arms man? I peaked at just under 18" calves with a decent routine and always considered them small, I am only 4" taller as I recall. Nice SLDL for sure.

Rep Points

for me i would have to legs and arms. for legs i can max out the leg press machine i use at 1080 with plate weight and if you add in the 125 from the sled itself its 1205. for my arms. biceps i can do camber bar curls at 130x6 clean and triceps i can do close grip bench press at 245x6 clean and its the last set of a pyramid run of 5 sets. so for me them are proud moments for me.
    Every time I step into the gym I know I'll walk out a little stronger.