• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Strength (yeah it's a lame title)

aztecwolf

Sackin' up every day
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Does anyone have any certain exercises where they are very strong at as compared to their other lifts. For some reason, i can rack the calf machine, and then some and pile on loads of weight for dips.

everyone has their lift

Bench Press. I can only do 215 x 4, yet I can max out at 265. My deadlift is only at 295 x 3, which isn't much in comparison.

Some people have trouble with the calf machine because it is just so damn awkward and feels unnatural. or your calves may be naturally weak compared to your triceps.

I see a ton of kids bouncing shitloads of weight on the calf raise... either theyre bending their knees halfway through the rep, or theyre just bouncing all the weight off their achilles tendon. Of course, almost none of the adults in my gym even work their calves, so i suppose its better than nothing. :lol:

nah man the donkey calf machine or whatever it is called i rack the thing, and i have got these chicken legs, no bouncing all a nice and controlled motion, for i am as much a stickler as anyone on proper form.

I'm really strong on calves (standing, not seated) and dips too.....i would say back and arms are my worst

aztecwolf said:
nah man the donkey calf machine or whatever it is called i rack the thing, and i have got these chicken legs, no bouncing all a nice and controlled motion, for i am as much a stickler as anyone on proper form.
oh, sorry, i wasnt implying thats what you were doing (although i just reread it and it sounds like i am :grin: ).

Monolith said:
oh, sorry, i wasnt implying thats what you were doing (although i just reread it and it sounds like i am :grin: ).
it's all good no worries dude

and yeah for some reason it is the calf machines where i am standing or don't have my knees bent, i only have marginal strength in the seated calf raise. And i can almost incline more then i can flat bench too, but my shoulder press is really week

My two good lifts are rows and benches I'd say, which are still not spectacular but I've never been stronger. SLDL seem to impress people in the gym along with shrugs, but there are not a lot of strong guys in there that I've seen yet.

For calf work I used something like 375*20 for standing raises last week, the machine goes maybe just under 500 but as I recall (if correct) people have gone to 1k for reps.

IML Gear Cream!
aztecwolf said:

I don't work my calves and they are 16.5" unflexed. Good genetics I guess.

As for MY lift, SLDLs. At a weight of 195 I did 405 for sets of 6. I haven't done them in years, I switched to reverse hypers, but I bet I could get 335 for a few right now, which is ok I guess.

Dale Mabry said:
I don't work my calves and they are 16.5" unflexed. Good genetics I guess.
How big are your arms man? I peaked at just under 18" calves with a decent routine and always considered them small, I am only 4" taller as I recall. Nice SLDL for sure.

for me i would have to legs and arms. for legs i can max out the leg press machine i use at 1080 with plate weight and if you add in the 125 from the sled itself its 1205. for my arms. biceps i can do camber bar curls at 130x6 clean and triceps i can do close grip bench press at 245x6 clean and its the last set of a pyramid run of 5 sets. so for me them are proud moments for me.

Back